Windows 10: ISO or VHDX image file

Discus and support ISO or VHDX image file in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am a iMac User running Sur. To use an app name3d Parallels to run a Windows 10 environment, I need to download a ISO or VHDX image file but cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jacsdad, May 17, 2021.

1. jacsdad Win User

ISO or VHDX image file

I am a iMac User running Sur. To use an app name3d Parallels to run a Windows 10 environment, I need to download a ISO or VHDX image file but cannot find it anywhere. Can you please point me in the nright direction?The message I receive during the Parallels installation is: The specified image cannot be used because your sMac is equipped with the Apple M1 chip that doesn't support Intel-based operating systems.Please use the ISO or VHDX image file with an ARM-based operating system.A screenshot is attached.

:)

jacsdad, May 17, 2021
  2. timta2 Win User

Need ISO maker

Um, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't UDF the DVD format?

"The name ISO is taken from the ISO 9660 file system used with CD-ROM media, but an ISO image might also contain a UDF file system."

Optical disc image - Wikipedia

timta2, May 17, 2021
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    wont boot into ISO file?

hm I used nero and put the iso on there like anything else
    ill try your suggestions with the .nrg file I no longer have the .iso (threw away)
    i was just curious

4. ISO or VHDX image file

DualBoot Windows 10 with native boot on vhdx file.

Thanks for the tip but it's been a long time since I made the script and I don't remember much.

I'd like to check everything with you.

I read this tutorial to create the VHDX Create and Set Up New VHD or VHDX File in Windows 10. and this Problem creating GPT VHD automatically even if I haven't understood much.

For the installation of windows on the vhd I had found a tutorial but now I can't find it.

Can you help me find the remaining tutorials?

Do you know if there is a script already ready?

In the meantime, I fix the script a little (which is not finished) and place it as soon as it is done.

This is the steps in the script

1. backup bcd
    2. create vhdx
    3. apply windows image to vhdx (install?)
    4. add entry in bcd
    5. restore bcd

einstein1969, May 17, 2021
Thema:

ISO or VHDX image file

1. ISO or VHDX image file - Similar Threads - ISO VHDX image

2. About NTFS and VHDx format files.

in Windows 10 Customization
    About NTFS and VHDx format files.: Do virtual Hard Disks provide real storage in TBs or they are just fake icons?I had have 2 VHDs of 2 TB each. But whenever I keep files in it, I observe that the storage of Local Disk C My original SSD is decreasing. What can I do to store data only in VHDs? Please Help!!!...
  3. Windows vhdx image problem

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows vhdx image problem: I made a vhdx image of Win10 (1909) from Backup and Restore in the Control Panel. Having successfully downloaded it to my external drive, when I boot to Win RE ->Troubleshoot->Advanced Options->System Image Recovery, in an attempt to restore it Win10 fails to locate my image....
  4. Error in mounting VHDX file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error in mounting VHDX file: Hi, I have Created a VHDX file Ihave stored so many important files in it today when i try to open it is saying Make sure the file is in an NTFS volume and isn't in a compressed folder or volume [IMG] i have seen in properties when i try to unchuck the compress...
  5. how to Boot into a vhdx file

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    how to Boot into a vhdx file: Hi I have created a VHDX file attached it and cloned a copy of widows onto it ( which includes the boot sector)? What I want to do is add this to my boot menu and see if it works. I've read lots of tutorials but they mostly concentrate on making the VHDX file. I am a bit...
  6. Create Windows 10 ISO image from other win10 iso files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create Windows 10 ISO image from other win10 iso files: Hi. I want a GUI program that i can choose from 2 or more win10 or other windows image files what i want and the final result would be one bootable iso file. Is there any GUI program for win7 that i can do these things? Please help me. 157126
  7. How to Download a Windows 10 ISO Image File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Download a Windows 10 ISO Image File: Please refer to this page and perform the steps to Download Windows 10 ISO. https://www.howtogeek.com/427223/how-to-download-a-windows-10-iso-without-the-media-creation-tool/...
  8. Imaging to an ISO?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Imaging to an ISO?: I'm continuing to learn about imaging, a topic I've previously neglected. In addition to a couple of images I've made using the Win 10 facility (strangely accessed via File History?) I've just made another with a program called DataNumen Disk Image:...
  9. find ISO file image?

find ISO file image?: how do I search and find iso file image? will it matter if I'm getting it from another pc? using rufus. 32287
  10. ISO image

ISO image: Hi My apologies if this has been asked already. I've downloaded the ISO image and tried to burn it to DVD only to find that is too large 5.6 GIG and doesn't fit on a 4.7 : is there a way to get it to fit or can I extract it to desktop and run it from there? Any...