Windows 10: Isolated drive?

Discus and support Isolated drive? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I want to play a game that I'm not sure is infected with. So I had the idea to isolate an empty drive so that I can write/move and run files on... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by WitherPlayHD, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Isolated drive?

Hello, I want to play a game that I'm not sure is infected with. So I had the idea to isolate an empty drive so that I can write/move and run files on this drive, but programs can't write files to another drive but only to the designated drive (I don't want to use a sandbox because games won't run smoothly or the data will be deleted after closing (Windows Sandbox)). Is this possible and if so, how?

I use Windows 10.
    Thanks in advance.

:)

WitherPlayHD, Jul 28, 2020
  2. Fourstaff Win User

Sound Isolating Earphones

Sound Isolating earphones preferred as I already have a good pair of cans, but open to all suggestions.

Fourstaff, Jul 29, 2020
  3. Airider Win User
    why do 2 Local Disks get isolated?

This HP has a new SSD. I just now found this and wonder if it is stupids and/or dangerous to try <

"How to delete EFI partition with Diskpart

Step 1. Hit "Windows Key + R to open the run dialogue box, enter "diskpart" and click "OK" to open a black command prompt window.
    Step 2. Type "list disk" to display all the disks of your computer. Type "select disk n" to identify which disk you need to work with. Here n stands for the disk letter.
    Step 3. Type "list partition" to display all the volumes on the hard drive. Type "select partition n" to identify which partition you want to remove. Here n stands for the volume letter.
    Step 4. Type "delete partition override" to remove the EFI partition. Finally, type "exit" to close the windows when you receive the message says, DiskPart successfully deleted the selected partition"

just for a better understanding, but not wanting to complete it, I took these steps >

Isolated drive? [​IMG]

in this context >

Isolated drive? [​IMG]

so C: should be using 70GB I assume (461- 391)

Am sure my lack of expert knowledge is showing!

Airider, Jul 29, 2020
  4. mroofie Win User

Isolated drive?

Getting Alien Isolation (tips for survival)

hmm a thread about alien isolation never seen it my bad :/

mroofie, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Isolated drive?

1. Isolated drive? - Similar Threads - Isolated drive

2. Dual boot windows with two completely isolated drives. Is that possible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual boot windows with two completely isolated drives. Is that possible?: Hello guys, I would like to ask if that's possible to have 2 windows OS on 2 separate hard drives and make them completely unaware of each other. I know there's plenty of info about this topic on the internet but i still have some questions even after reading quite a lot of...
  3. Dual boot windows with two completely isolated drives. Is that possible?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual boot windows with two completely isolated drives. Is that possible?: Hello guys, I would like to ask if that's possible to have 2 windows OS on 2 separate hard drives and make them completely unaware of each other. I know there's plenty of info about this topic on the internet but i still have some questions even after reading quite a lot of...
  4. Disabling Memory integrity, Core Isolation on 22H2 kills Network Drive, Shares, NAS access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling Memory integrity, Core Isolation on 22H2 kills Network Drive, Shares, NAS access: New laptop, LG envy 17Z90Q-K.ADS9U1 Win11 Home. Upgraded to Pro & 22H2. Fully updated.Everything running great, time to install VirtualBOX with Win7 & WinXP and probably Win98SE.The Win7 runs extra slow and XP fails to install even after 6 different attempts. Research got me...
  5. Disabling Memory integrity, Core Isolation on 22H2 kills Network Drive, Shares, NAS access

Disabling Memory integrity, Core Isolation on 22H2 kills Network Drive, Shares, NAS access: New laptop, LG envy 17Z90Q-K.ADS9U1 Win11 Home. Upgraded to Pro & 22H2. Fully updated.Everything running great, time to install VirtualBOX with Win7 & WinXP and probably Win98SE.The Win7 runs extra slow and XP fails to install even after 6 different attempts. Research got me...
  6. Win 11 corrupts Win 10 boot on other SD Drive with dual boot. Core Isolation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 corrupts Win 10 boot on other SD Drive with dual boot. Core Isolation?: Hi. I have Win 11 on one Sd and Win 10 on another. Both Nvme Drives.I bought a new Nvme for trying out Win 11. It works very nice.I want to dual boot both systems on the same HW PC.I already have Linux, and dual or multiple boot is what I need for my workflow.I added to Win...
  7. Win 11 corrupts Win 10 boot on other SD Drive with dual boot. Core Isolation?

Win 11 corrupts Win 10 boot on other SD Drive with dual boot. Core Isolation?: Hi. I have Win 11 on one Sd and Win 10 on another. Both Nvme Drives.I bought a new Nvme for trying out Win 11. It works very nice.I want to dual boot both systems on the same HW PC.I already have Linux, and dual or multiple boot is what I need for my workflow.I added to Win...
  8. Windows 10 Core Isolation Memory Integrity Causes Blue Screen if any Optical Drive is Enabled

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Core Isolation Memory Integrity Causes Blue Screen if any Optical Drive is Enabled: I have recently built a full tower powerhouse desktop after 25 years of being out of that game. It works great with the latest 20H2 Windows 10. Except for one thing: if I turn on memory integrity to help with core isolation security, the OS will blue screen if I leave any...
  9. Dual boot on different hard drives completely isolated from each other

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual boot on different hard drives completely isolated from each other: I have a configuration with 2 hard drives and I'd like to install Ubuntu and Windows 10- let's say- Ubuntu on hard drive C, Windows 10 on hard drive D. To prevent malwares from spreading from an OS to the other, I'd like to permanently disable ubuntu's hdd in Windows and...
  10. Dual boot on different hard drives completely isolated from each other

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual boot on different hard drives completely isolated from each other: I have a configuration with 2 hard drives and I'd like to install Ubuntu and Windows 10- let's say- Ubuntu on hard drive C, Windows 10 on hard drive D. To prevent malwares from spreading from an OS to the other, I'd like to permanently disable ubuntu's hdd in Windows and...