Windows 10: Isolating a infected endpoint device from all network connectivity

Discus and support Isolating a infected endpoint device from all network connectivity in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Once an endpoint, like laptop, desktop, is infected, quick detection and the ability to respond fast is needed to minimize impact. Quick isolation is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by p_s_, Jul 31, 2020.

1. p_s_ Win User

Isolating a infected endpoint device from all network connectivity

Once an endpoint, like laptop, desktop, is infected, quick detection and the ability to respond fast is needed to minimize impact. Quick isolation is needed for reducing the spread of malware.

Our Windows machines are Intel devices which have Intel Active Management Technology AMT which can filter all network communications on the wired and 802.11 wireless networks of a platform using a feature called System Defense.

We are using McAfee anti-virus right now so using McAfee Threat Event Log, we identify the Event ID for situations where isolation of the endpoint is needed. This can separate the infected device from our network and alert us via email. This allows us to quickly isolate a device when it is infected instead of waiting for a call/ticket from user.

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Documents/Isolating-a-Client-from-All-Network-Connectivity/ta-p/548316 explains how it is done.

We are moving to Microsoft Defender and considering going to Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection if our budget allows it.

1. Can we do this if we have Microsoft Defender which comes with Windows 10? If so, how?

2. Can we do this if we have Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection Microsoft Defender ATP? If yes, how?

:)

2. Brink Win User

Master List of Windows 10 version 1803 connection endpoints

Read more: Windows 10, version 1803, connection endpoints for non-Enterprise editions | Microsoft Docs

Brink, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Master List of Windows 10 version 1803 connection endpoints

Read more: Windows 10, version 1803, connection endpoints for non-Enterprise editions | Microsoft Docs

Brink, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Isolating a infected endpoint device from all network connectivity

Network Connectivity

Thanks for the quick response. Have you tried to follow and run all the steps provided on the link above?

How are you trying to connect to the network? Wi-Fi / Lan?

• If you’re trying to connect via Wi-Fi, kindly check if the Wi-Fi service is enabled on your computer.

• If you’re connected via LAN, kindly unplug and re-plug the Ethernet cable connect from your computer to the router.

To further isolate this issue, kindly try connecting another device on the Internet and check if the same issue occurs.

Follow all the steps provided on the link below on how to fix network connection issues:

If the issue still persists, contact your Internet service provider and have them check your network.

Keep us posted.

JericDale Ort, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Isolating a infected endpoint device from all network connectivity

1. Isolating a infected endpoint device from all network connectivity - Similar Threads - Isolating infected endpoint

2. Devices missing in network on all computers connected to the network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Devices missing in network on all computers connected to the network: Hello, I got a very strange issue of missing devices connected to the network recently. I had a bunch of computers, NAS's and router-attached drive connected to a home network. They were all visible in the network list in file explore on each of my computers. The computers...
  3. Devices missing in network on all computers connected to the network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Devices missing in network on all computers connected to the network: Hello, I got a very strange issue of missing devices connected to the network recently. I had a bunch of computers, NAS's and router-attached drive connected to a home network. They were all visible in the network list in file explore on each of my computers. The computers...
  4. Perform bulk isolation for endpoints managed by Windows Defender for Endpoint

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Perform bulk isolation for endpoints managed by Windows Defender for Endpoint: Hi Everyone, I have been recently studying the implementation of Defender for Endpoint API to perform bulk isolation/release for endpoints. This documentation https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/security/defender-endpoint/isolate-machine?view=o365-worldwide states...
  5. Trojan infected device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trojan infected device: Hello, recently my device got infected by trojan and virus due to an irresponsible download. The software ran a script and took control of google accounts logged in on the Opera GX browser. The virus uploaded videos on YouTube channels of those google accounts and got them...
  6. All of my devices are infected

All of my devices are infected: I have several computers hp's, a dell a mini pc and they are all infected. The infection is hidden extremely well. I let Microsoft commect remotely and they couldn't find anything wrong. None of the virus software is finding anything and of course resetting it does nothing....
  7. There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint spooler

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint spooler: I've been trying to sign into my Xbox account so I could play Minecraft, but this keeps happening. [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-are-no-more-endpoints-available-from-the/283b834d-39f8-4fe3-aaa7-91536404b3cd
  8. All connected devices are disconnected from the PC?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All connected devices are disconnected from the PC?: Hello, I've already had the case several times that all connected devices are simply disconnected from my PC by accident (also screen). I then plugged them in and unplugged them again, but that did not help. Since I couldn't see anything on the screen and couldn't use...
  9. All files are infected.

All files are infected.: Please help me to recover my files being .msop Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/all-files-are-infected/4d0d382b-6db3-41cc-8304-0dff4264cb62
  10. Possible Network/Device Infection

Possible Network/Device Infection: Hi, recently i noticed a command prompt window (terminal shell script) running a script on startup occasionally. After noticing this occurrence multiple times on multiple devices, i decided to reformat my machine. After reformatting my machine, the same instance happened one...