Windows 10: ISO's and the Windows MediaCreationTool

Discus and support ISO's and the Windows MediaCreationTool in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Windows version is V1903 OS Build 18362.476; at least reported by winver? Windows Update V1909/KB4517245 trashed my system. Oh well. I want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by yountmg, Nov 29, 2019.

1. yountmg Win User

ISO's and the Windows MediaCreationTool

My Windows version is V1903 OS Build 18362.476; at least reported by winver?

Windows Update V1909/KB4517245 trashed my system. Oh well.

I want to download an ISO so I can initiate a repair.

The problem is I need to know if the ISO I have is good.

I think its wonderful that Microsoft created the Windows MediaCreationTool to handle all that for me so I could have absolute confidence in the ISO it creates; however every time I run the MediaCreationTool it gives me a different ISO or at least a different CRC result?

The plan was to keep downloading the ISO using the MediaCreationTool until I had three ISO's with matching CRC's and then I would know I have a good copy! Eureka, its good!

The downside is I now have three possible bad copies of the ISO and it takes like 5 or more hours to download just one ISO.

I was wondering if anyone knows the correct CRC for V1909?

CRC's were invented by people, for people, so that people would know that they have a good transfer. They are a time saving feature that makes multiple downloads to validate data unnecessary and a thing of the pass.

The 1st MediaCreationTool transfer of the Windows.ISO has a CRC32: 476C2699.
    The 2nd MediaCreationTool transfer of the Windows.ISO has a CRC32: D70C94CD.
    The 3rd MediaCreationTool transfer of the Windows.ISO has a CRC32: CC89B98C.

I wonder if someone could tell me if one of the ISO's created by the MediaCreationTool1909 is good or not?
    It could be that Microsoft re-releases the ISO daily and maybe that is why it changing daily?

I am currently running the MediaCreationTool1909.exe a 4th time but its only 30% complete; it takes like forever.

The MediaCreationTool1909.exe version is 10.0.18362.418.

:)

yountmg, Nov 29, 2019

2. Windows 10 Tweaks

Windows 10 can now be downloaded via a MediaCreationTool to either an USB stick or an ISO file
    Link: Download Windows 10

VulkanBros, Nov 29, 2019
  3. Need ISO maker

I tried imgburn followed step by step and it sucks ...burned an image supposed to be ISO endend up in UDF ..not auto executable and scraped a dvd for it. Gonna try alcohol thx

MohawkAngel, Nov 29, 2019
  4. ISO's and the Windows MediaCreationTool

MediaCreationTool

Option 1:

In order to download ISO's directly using your web browser, you need to change the User Agent String in your favorite web browser. Learn how in the following article:

Resources: Download Windows 10 ISO Files Directly Using Your Web Browser

Option 2:

Step 1: download Windows 10 1709 from the following link:

TechBench by WZT (v4.1.1)

Choose the following:

- Windows Final

- Windows 10, version 1709

- Windows 10 Pro + Home

- English

- x64 (64 bit) x32 (32 bit)

Step 2: create a bootable copy

Andre Da Costa, Nov 29, 2019
Thema:

ISO's and the Windows MediaCreationTool

1. ISO's and the Windows MediaCreationTool - Similar Threads - ISO's MediaCreationTool

2. Create ISO of the current OS remotely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create ISO of the current OS remotely: Hello,Is there a way to create ISO of the current OS remotely?The media creation tool downloads the OS of the same windows version and then converts it to ISO file .But I want the same OS running on the existing computer For troubleshooting purposes....
  3. Create ISO of the current OS remotely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create ISO of the current OS remotely: Hello,Is there a way to create ISO of the current OS remotely?The media creation tool downloads the OS of the same windows version and then converts it to ISO file .But I want the same OS running on the existing computer For troubleshooting purposes....
  4. error downloading windows 10 iso from firefox browser on kali linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error downloading windows 10 iso from firefox browser on kali linux: error downloading windows 10 iso from firefox browser on kali linux it says"" We are unable to complete your request at this time. Some users, entities and locations are banned from using this service. For this reason, leveraging anonymous or location hiding technologies when...
  5. error downloading windows 10 iso from firefox browser on kali linux

error downloading windows 10 iso from firefox browser on kali linux: error downloading windows 10 iso from firefox browser on kali linux it says"" We are unable to complete your request at this time. Some users, entities and locations are banned from using this service. For this reason, leveraging anonymous or location hiding technologies when...
  6. can anyone give me a windows 7 iso?

can anyone give me a windows 7 iso?: Hi there i have an ancient piece of hardware that was made in 2013 ig the model number is n100sp anyways so it has umm.. bad hardware like based on todays hardware i dont use it but i sure can during emergency suppose reinstall windows etc and if i download anything above...
  7. MediaCreationTool vs ISO. Same identical source?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MediaCreationTool vs ISO. Same identical source?: The "Donwload Windows 11" webpage gives you 2 options: 1. Using MediaCreationTool to create a bootable USB; 2. Downloading the ISO of Windows in order to make a bootable USB by yourself. My question: Does MediaCreationTool use the EXACT SAME VERSION/BUILD as the...
  8. MediaCreationTool vs ISO. Same identical source?

MediaCreationTool vs ISO. Same identical source?: The "Donwload Windows 11" webpage gives you 2 options: 1. Using MediaCreationTool to create a bootable USB; 2. Downloading the ISO of Windows in order to make a bootable USB by yourself. My question: Does MediaCreationTool use the EXACT SAME VERSION/BUILD as the...
  9. DL'd ISO through mediacreationtool but it didn't recognize the USB...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DL'd ISO through mediacreationtool but it didn't recognize the USB...: I spent an entire day downloading the ISO file for Windows 8.1 through the mediacreationtool, my Internet connection's very slow so I had to take out the USB meanwhile and couldn't get the program to recognize it once I plugged it back in. I want to Factory Reset my...
  10. Where does the mediaCreationTool save the downloaded iso?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where does the mediaCreationTool save the downloaded iso?: Hey guys, this is my first post here. And I pretty much made an account to stress this issue that I have right now. Ok, so I chose to upgrade my PC through the mediaCreationTool and waited for the download to finish. A few minutes later it was checking for updates. Then...