Windows 10: ISP QUESTION

Discus and support ISP QUESTION in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; ISP Question – I use Windows 10 and AOL as my ISP. When signing ON to AOL, there is a considerate time lag before AOL’s Welcome page appears. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jerry8AB, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Jerry8AB Win User

ISP QUESTION

ISP Question –

I use Windows 10 and AOL as my ISP.

When signing ON to AOL, there is a considerate time lag before AOL’s Welcome page appears. I have seen on Google Search, others seem to have the same issue. All other browsers work fine.

With the help of other knowledgeable tech people including AOL techs, I have done considerable diagnosis and fixes including a Clean Boot.

One AOL tech response was for me to reinstall Windows. I realize reinstalling Windows is a last-ditch effort to fix most problems. However, if that were done, I don’t see that fixing an AOL browser software problem.

Now the question -

Is my AOL problem a Windows or AOL browser problem?

Jerry

6/26/20

:)

Jerry8AB, Jun 26, 2020

2. notebook won't accept my isp

Hi Kay,

We would like to know more details about your notebook not connecting to the ISP so we can better assist you. Kindly answer the following:

• What is the status of the connection in the system tray?
    • Are you connected to the WiFi hotspot but not getting Internet connectivity?
    • Have you made any changes before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try performing the troubleshooting steps in fixing connection issues in the following

link

We're looking forward to your response.

Marilou Ser, Jun 26, 2020
  3. Bandwith question - Is my isp twisting me?

for one i suggest you complain to the ISP.

eidairaman1, Jun 26, 2020
  4. ISP QUESTION

Help me choose my new ISP!

T1 connections are only 24*64k = 1.536 Mbps. Also is T1 connections are not used as often as they once were meaning if he cannot get fiber/DSL/Cable then a T1 is probably out of the question as well. T1's are mainly used for businesses for their phone system such as a PRI. A T1 line can carry 24 digitized voice channels, or it can carry data at a rate of 1.544 megabits per second. If the T1 line is being used for telephone conversations, it plugs into the office's phone system. If it is carrying data it plugs into the network's router. A T1 connection is a step above ISDN/56k INET.

• DS0 - 64 kilobits per second
    • ISDN - Two DS0 lines plus signaling (16 kilobytes per second), or 128 kilobits per second
    • T1 - 1.544 megabits per second (24 DS0 lines)
    • T3 - 43.232 megabits per second (28 T1s)
    • OC3 - 155 megabits per second (84 T1s)
    • OC12 - 622 megabits per second (4 OC3s)
    • OC48 - 2.5 gigabits per seconds (4 OC12s)
    • OC192 - 9.6 gigabits per second (4 OC48s)
    Hope this helps *Smile ISP QUESTION :)

brandonwh64, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

ISP QUESTION

1. ISP QUESTION - Similar Threads - ISP QUESTION

2. Expression Web 4 not converting local IP address to my ISP's IP address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Expression Web 4 not converting local IP address to my ISP's IP address: My ISP recently changed out my cable modem and new router eero Pro. When I try to publish any one of the 40+ websites I manage I get an error saying "I won't open a connection to 192.168.1.xx only to 149.76.203.106 500" If I query "what is my ip address" through a search...
  3. Expression Web 4 not converting local IP address to my ISP's IP address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Expression Web 4 not converting local IP address to my ISP's IP address: My ISP recently changed out my cable modem and new router eero Pro. When I try to publish any one of the 40+ websites I manage I get an error saying "I won't open a connection to 192.168.1.xx only to 149.76.203.106 500" If I query "what is my ip address" through a search...
  4. Ping latency connecting across azure vpn. We have verify ISP connection is solid.

Ping latency connecting across azure vpn. We have verify ISP connection is solid.: Reply from 10.x.x.x: bytes=32 time=22ms TTL=128 Reply from 10.x.x.x: bytes=32 time=26ms TTL=128 Reply from 10.x,x,x: bytes=32 time=22ms TTL=128 Reply from 10.x.x.x: bytes=32 time=22ms TTL=128 Reply from 10.x.x.x: bytes=32 time=370ms TTL=128 Reply from 10.x.x.x: bytes=32...
  5. Ping latency connecting across azure vpn. We have verify ISP connection is solid.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ping latency connecting across azure vpn. We have verify ISP connection is solid.: Reply from 10.x.x.x: bytes=32 time=22ms TTL=128 Reply from 10.x.x.x: bytes=32 time=26ms TTL=128 Reply from 10.x,x,x: bytes=32 time=22ms TTL=128 Reply from 10.x.x.x: bytes=32 time=22ms TTL=128 Reply from 10.x.x.x: bytes=32 time=370ms TTL=128 Reply from 10.x.x.x: bytes=32...
  6. My username is an Email address that linked to my previous ISP. How can I change that...

in Windows 10 Customization
    My username is an Email address that linked to my previous ISP. How can I change that...: I want to change my Windows account username. It is currently an email address that will be closed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-username-is-an-email-address-that-linked-to-my/efc472b6-7d5e-4581-b1a1-eda121d8270f
  7. My username is an Email address that linked to my previous ISP. How can I change that...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My username is an Email address that linked to my previous ISP. How can I change that...: I want to change my Windows account username. It is currently an email address that will be closed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-username-is-an-email-address-that-linked-to-my/efc472b6-7d5e-4581-b1a1-eda121d8270f
  8. My username is an Email address that linked to my previous ISP. How can I change that...

9. Ethernet connection connected with dial up directly to my ISP, real IP keeps disconnecting...

Ethernet connection connected with dial up directly to my ISP, real IP keeps disconnecting...: I recently got a new internet connection installed on my computer fed by an optic fiber connection converting to broadband directly to my computer.Since this requires a dial up connection to be set up with my ISP which in turn provides me with better speeds there was no...
  10. Ethernet connection connected with dial up directly to my ISP, real IP keeps disconnecting...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet connection connected with dial up directly to my ISP, real IP keeps disconnecting...: I recently got a new internet connection installed on my computer fed by an optic fiber connection converting to broadband directly to my computer.Since this requires a dial up connection to be set up with my ISP which in turn provides me with better speeds there was no...