Windows 10: ISP Says My Home LAN Configuration is Unsupported

Discus and support ISP Says My Home LAN Configuration is Unsupported in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My ISP is a Broadband service (Coax cable connects me to their network). My Home LAN consists of a cable modem connected to a wired router and a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by joebrownVV, Aug 23, 2019.

1. ISP Says My Home LAN Configuration is Unsupported

My ISP is a Broadband service (Coax cable connects me to their network). My Home LAN consists of a cable modem connected to a wired router and a wireless router connected, by crossover cable, to the wired router. It supports multiple devices, mobile, desktop, streaming and VOIP. During a recent service call a tech support rep at the ISP informed me that my router configuration was "unsupported".

I was surprised to hear this because I've used this configuration for years and told them about it before and this is the first I've heard it referred to as unsupported.

Has anybody else experienced a similar situation? How did it affect connectivity/service? I'm also interested in hearing what responses have been tried and what the results were?

:)

joebrownVV, Aug 23, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Good LAN party games?

Most of my suggestions have already been listed.

However, I found Swat4 to actually be a pretty fun LAN game, especially at smaller LAN parties.

newtekie1, Aug 23, 2019
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    is there any demand for a system configurator?

Processor(V) <--drop down arrow
    -AMD(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---AM2(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---939(V)
    ----List of CPU's
    -Intel(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---775(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---771(V)
    ----List of CPU's

etc etc.

Solaris17, Aug 23, 2019
  4. ISP Says My Home LAN Configuration is Unsupported

The Windows 10 App Says My CPU Is Unsupported

My problem is that The Windows 10 App says my Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 is unsupported. I have applied the Patch but it still says that the CPU is unsupported. The processor is 2.66 GHZ also here is a list of instructions that it can take.

List Of Instructions

MMX

SSE

SSE2

SSE3

SSSE3

EM64T

VT-x

iboyperson, Aug 23, 2019
Thema:

ISP Says My Home LAN Configuration is Unsupported

1. ISP Says My Home LAN Configuration is Unsupported - Similar Threads - ISP Says Home

2. ISP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ISP: HiIs there a way to change my default to a new ISP even if the old one is still active?THANK YOUTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/isp/4779db50-c490-4077-a60a-e8fac7b29365
  3. ISP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ISP: HiIs there a way to change my default to a new ISP even if the old one is still active?THANK YOUTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/isp/4779db50-c490-4077-a60a-e8fac7b29365
  4. ISP

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Display says “Unsupported” when turning it on.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display says “Unsupported” when turning it on.: I was in Radeon software messing around with “creating a custom display mode” when i accidently activated a setting that changed my display settings that my current 1080i 60 Hertz display doesn’t support. The setting was: Coordinated Video Timings-Reduced Blanking CVT-RB –...
  6. Is it possible to remotely configure my router for wake on lan?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it possible to remotely configure my router for wake on lan?: I've been away from home for over a year now, and have been successfully using wake on lan to access my home pc. However, the router seems to have died now. I have a friend who's tried rebooting it for me, but apparently it only stays on for a few seconds and then shuts down...
  7. isp

isp: Hi Iam getting a new mobile hotspot device do they all come with memory and ram also what does no throttling mean is 1 GB ram good AND 2G memory good Thank you Timmy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/isp/9ef42ed4-059b-4d24-aec9-f6171f29e580
  8. Home LAN Connection

Home LAN Connection: I have an older desktop PC that mysteriously began changing it's LAN network name all on it's own sometime last night, which causes a loss of network connection and internet access. Hot boot/restart restores the network name to "NETWORK 2" but within and hour or so the...
  9. My internet randomly reconnects and my ISP says its window's fault

My internet randomly reconnects and my ISP says its window's fault: I have windows 10 (just updated to 1809, because I was having the same issue with the 1803 version). and whenever I'm playing or watching streams my internet randomly disconnects for about 2 seconds and comes back. I've already tried to reinstall the drivers, disable the...
  10. Using VPN inside my home LAN?

Using VPN inside my home LAN?: Whenever I see VPN, it says that it's used to access your home LAN from the outside when I'm not home (thru the internet), but what if I want to use VPN inside my LAN? Can it be done? The reason I'm asking this is that I sometimes use Wifi for certain devices in my LAN...