Windows 10: ISP speed isn't always the most important !!

Discus and support ISP speed isn't always the most important !! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi folks We often see things like multi TB/s Internet speed -- yes of course that's great but in reality it's what you actually do with that speed and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jimbo45, Jul 6, 2019.

1. jimbo45 Win User

ISP speed isn't always the most important !!

Hi folks

We often see things like multi TB/s Internet speed -- yes of course that's great but in reality it's what you actually do with that speed and whether or not the target websites you download from are even capable of delivering anything like that speed.

Here's a typical example --I have over 10 Gb/s currently but being a liitle bit of a "Bad boy" I wanted this video

ISP speed isn't always the most important  !! [​IMG]

the best I could get from the download was around 13 - 14 Mb/s -- not my ISP but the torrent seeds -- so don't always believe what your ISP tells you -- you could have the best connection on the planet but downloading from some sites will still be SLO-OOOO-W !!!

BTW excellent Danish production (with Eng subtitles) -- well worth a look. Might be on Netflix / Amazon

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jul 6, 2019

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Jul 6, 2019
  3. rap3 Win User
    monitoring ISP speed & dropping

Brad

Hi - many thanks for suggestion. I will gry it later today. Much appreciated.

rap3, Jul 6, 2019
  4. rap3 Win User

monitoring ISP speed & dropping

Basically, I want to monitor my line for dropping & speed - my ISP promises my package at download of around 76 Mbps & up at about 10- 12 Mbps - I am lucky to get 50 down on a good day (& up is highly variable)! I also know it drops, especially at peak
    times (meaning Netflix needs to be frequently rebooted each time I watch something). Does Winows 10 have an app that allows me to continuously monitor internet speed (upload & download) alongside frequency of dropping? I have used tracert & ping -t in the
    cmd line before: can I specify the ping execution everty 30 s say? If I can, is there then a way to get these data summarised (or outputted as a comma delimited txt file I can then import & summarise in eg Excel). Alternatively, is there some fairly idiot
    proof freeware out there that will allow line monitoring in the background? Many thanks

rap3, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

1. ISP speed isn't always the most important !! - Similar Threads - ISP speed isn't

2. ISP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ISP: HiIs there a way to change my default to a new ISP even if the old one is still active?THANK YOUTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/isp/4779db50-c490-4077-a60a-e8fac7b29365
  3. ISP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ISP: HiIs there a way to change my default to a new ISP even if the old one is still active?THANK YOUTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/isp/4779db50-c490-4077-a60a-e8fac7b29365
  4. ISP

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. isp

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    isp: Hi Iam getting a new mobile hotspot device do they all come with memory and ram also what does no throttling mean is 1 GB ram good AND 2G memory good Thank you Timmy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/isp/9ef42ed4-059b-4d24-aec9-f6171f29e580
  6. Download Speed is very slow compared to available ISP Bandwidth

Download Speed is very slow compared to available ISP Bandwidth: Windows 10 Pro 2004 (19041.423) - all updated My ISP has a 56MB/s (poor I know) fibre line to our house. Every other device connected via wifi or direct (Macbook, iPads, XBOX's, phones) get up to about 40-42 MB/s download which is fine. Very new router too; only 5 months...
  7. This speed is impossible, isn't it?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    This speed is impossible, isn't it?: My system is Intel 660p PCIE x4 NVME boot disk (works at full speed, 1600Mb/s reads, 960-1000Mb/s writes) A SanDisk 3D Ultra SATA 3 SSD and a 1Tb Seagate Barracuda SATA 3 7200Rpm HDD. My boot drive contains 21Gb of files (Windows and a few utility apps). If I run a full...
  8. Do all ISP's throttle speeds/WiFI Blast?

Do all ISP's throttle speeds/WiFI Blast?: I had read that all internet service providers throttle your internet speed after the first couple of months in order to get you to upgrade to their next tier of service. What they supposedly do, especially if you are on satellite, such as Hughesnet, is split your speed...
  9. monitoring ISP speed & dropping

monitoring ISP speed & dropping: Basically, I want to monitor my line for dropping & speed - my ISP promises my package at download of around 76 Mbps & up at about 10- 12 Mbps - I am lucky to get 50 down on a good day (& up is highly variable)! I also know it drops, especially at peak times (meaning Netflix...
  10. New ISP, sudden slow speeds only over the homeplugs

New ISP, sudden slow speeds only over the homeplugs: Hey everyone, So I'm having a bit of an issue that for the life of me I can't figure out. We moved to a new Internet service provider yesterday. I've always ran my desktop over homeplugs in the next room and never had an issue matching or beating the wi fi speed....