Windows 10: Issue #1 - Event Viewer keeps closing in v1903

Discus and support Issue #1 - Event Viewer keeps closing in v1903 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; [img] Desktop Windows 10 Pro, version 1903, OS Build 18362.476 - upgraded from v1809 to v1903 on Nov. 17, 2019. I've read through numerous web posts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ineuw, Dec 2, 2019.

1. ineuw Win User

Issue #1 - Event Viewer keeps closing in v1903

Issue #1 - Event Viewer keeps closing in v1903 [​IMG]

Desktop Windows 10 Pro, version 1903, OS Build 18362.476 - upgraded from v1809 to v1903 on Nov. 17, 2019.
    I've read through numerous web posts about this issue but none of the suggestions worked. None of the KB updates in relation to this issue were installed, so there was nothing to uninstall.

:)

ineuw, Dec 2, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Error in Event Viewer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned, you have performed a repair installation on the computer and you see Event 508, 510 and 533 in Event Viewer.

I would like to inform that if you see any critical error in Event Viewer, please share the event logs with us to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please follow the steps mentioned below to share the event logs:

1. Press Windows + X from the keyboard, select
      Event Viewer.
    2. Expand Windows Logs from the left pane and select
      Applications.
    3. Click Filter Current Log from extreme right pane. Then in the new windows check the box beside
      Error and click OK.
    4. Now, look for a critical Error in the list and note down the message/information from the
      General Tab in the lower section.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 2, 2019
  3. MesPia Win User
    Event Viewer Closes Unexpectedly

I'm having a problem with the Windows Event Viewer application. A few seconds after I open it and try to start using it to view errors, it suddenly closes for no apparent reason. Has anyone else seen this? Is there a known fix?

By the way, in the Windows Topics dropdown list box, there should be an entry for Windows application problems.

MesPia, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Robfly Win User

mmc could not create the snap-in in event viewer (Windows 10)

I tried the KB but didn't work.

I found this and it fixed my event viewer mmc error

1. Open File Explorer on the device.
    2. Navigate to the following path: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Event Viewer\Views
    3. Backup the content of the folder. The next step deletes the custom views and you may want the backup to restore the views when Microsoft fixes the issues.
    4. Delete all View_X.xml files in the folder (it starts with View_0.xml and increments the number by 1 for each file).
    5. Start the Event Viewer after deleting the files.
    rob

Robfly, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Issue #1 - Event Viewer keeps closing in v1903 - Similar Threads - Issue Event Viewer

2. event viewer keep getting crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    event viewer keep getting crashes: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xZ8vcqtIcxG5aM4axNRfZxp2QCja0ZKs/view?usp=sharing event log link7800x3d3080 evgaROG-THOR-1200Psux670e hero mobo 64gb ddr5 ram need help please...
  3. event viewer keep getting crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    event viewer keep getting crashes: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xZ8vcqtIcxG5aM4axNRfZxp2QCja0ZKs/view?usp=sharing event log link7800x3d3080 evgaROG-THOR-1200Psux670e hero mobo 64gb ddr5 ram need help please...
  4. Event Viewer 264 Defrag Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Viewer 264 Defrag Issue: Upon looking at event viewer under Error title: The storage optimiser couldn't complete re-trim on G: because: The operation requested is not supported by the hardware backing the volume. 0x8900002AUnder Windows Logs it says that : The storage optimiser successfully completed...
  5. Event Viewer 264 Defrag Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event Viewer 264 Defrag Issue: Upon looking at event viewer under Error title: The storage optimiser couldn't complete re-trim on G: because: The operation requested is not supported by the hardware backing the volume. 0x8900002AUnder Windows Logs it says that : The storage optimiser successfully completed...
  6. Event Viewer 264 Defrag Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Event Viewer Closes Unexpectedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event Viewer Closes Unexpectedly: I'm having a problem with the Windows Event Viewer application. A few seconds after I open it and try to start using it to view errors, it suddenly closes for no apparent reason. Has anyone else seen this? Is there a known fix? By the way, in the Windows Topics dropdown...
  8. Event Viewer driver issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Event Viewer driver issues: I have an HP X2 Elite (Tablet) and have just completed a clean install of Windows 10 Creative Edition. The Event Viewer shows seven Event 219 failures. The first four are Intel issues and the next three are for other drivers. The abbreviated events are as follows........
  9. Event Viewer keeps showing Event ID 10010

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Viewer keeps showing Event ID 10010: Hi Guys/Girls I keep getting this error every 30 minutes anybody managed to solve this ? Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM Date: 30/10/2016 11:54:11 Event ID: 10010 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: DALE-PC1\Dale...
  10. No BSOD issues but event viewer issue?

in Windows 10 Support
    No BSOD issues but event viewer issue?: I saw that unless you have a BSOD you should not post in that specific forum but this is an Event Viewer issue so i don't know where to post this . I have no BSOD's but an event viewer instance with an error code 10016 The application specific permission setting...