Windows 10: ISSUE: After latest update, my screen "shakes" after 5 secs of inactivity

Discus and support ISSUE: After latest update, my screen "shakes" after 5 secs of inactivity in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I noticed this after the latest update, where if I become inactive (i.e. if I'm reading an article without mouse or keyboard movement), the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HandyDust293554, Feb 13, 2019.

1. ISSUE: After latest update, my screen "shakes" after 5 secs of inactivity

I noticed this after the latest update, where if I become inactive (i.e. if I'm reading an article without mouse or keyboard movement), the screen starts to shake and show multiple scan lines through it. Like the old tv's trying to get a signal. Anyone else experiencing this?

I'd post a photo but my phone isn't capturing it well.

:)

HandyDust293554, Feb 13, 2019

2. Shaking Screen

Since the recent update of windows 10 i.e. 1803 I have been facing an issue in which my screen starts shaking all of the sudden according to my observations I have noticed that shaking of the screen begins whenever I watch a video in Google Chrome Web
    Browser please suggest me how to fix this issue as this is very annoying.

Never have I faced this issue in any of the previous versions of Windows also the shaking goes away as soon as I close-open the laptop LID once.

Divit Khullar, Feb 13, 2019
  3. Shaking screen

I don't know why while i am watching something in Youtube, so far only there i have noticed it, the screen starts to shake and even if i close the browser it continues my display settings are only to show the 2nd screen i use a laptop and when i go to duplicate
    it stops shaking then i go back again to 2nd only. I dont think duplicate and 2nd only is the problem but something in this update my laptop is also lagging a lot sometimes in these moments chrome may be starting up sometimes 1min, i can wait 30 sec to load
    the start menu to shut down the laptop and the configuration is too good for that. Before the update there was nothing like that now games are crashing sometimes and so on. My main problem is the shaking screen.

ВелизарЗарков, Feb 13, 2019
  4. Gino Des Win User

ISSUE: After latest update, my screen "shakes" after 5 secs of inactivity

System Reboots after about 5 minutes of inactivity

Hi Allen,

Let's try to isolate the cause of the issue. We suggest that you follow the methods below:

Method 1: Run the Power Troubleshooter to find and fix problems with your computer's power settings. Check your power settings if your computer is set to sleep or hibernate after 5 minutes of inactivity. To run the troubleshooter, follow
    the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Troubleshooting, and click on
      Troubleshooting
      from the results.
    • Click on System and Security.
    • Under Power, click on Power.

Method 2: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files. For steps on how to run the System File Checker tool, check the following link:

Use the System File Checker tool

Method 3: Check if all the devices on your computer have the latest driver. Refer to this link for steps on how to update drivers:

Update drivers in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

ISSUE: After latest update, my screen "shakes" after 5 secs of inactivity

1. ISSUE: After latest update, my screen "shakes" after 5 secs of inactivity - Similar Threads - ISSUE latest update

2. Grey screen after inactivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey screen after inactivity: I've been having an issue with my screen going grey and only maintaining a couple of my active windows after any period of inactivity. When this happens, I cannot use CTRL-ALT-DEL to open the task manager, or really anything. I get the "failure to display security and shut...
  3. Grey screen after inactivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Grey screen after inactivity: I've been having an issue with my screen going grey and only maintaining a couple of my active windows after any period of inactivity. When this happens, I cannot use CTRL-ALT-DEL to open the task manager, or really anything. I get the "failure to display security and shut...
  4. Screen Blackout 5 sec

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Blackout 5 sec: Device: Lenovo Laptop Legion 7When plugging in my laptop power adapter the screen blackout for 5 seconds then it will turn back again. May I know if there is some configuration or need to setup the settings?...
  5. Screen Blackout 5 sec

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Blackout 5 sec: Device: Lenovo Laptop Legion 7When plugging in my laptop power adapter the screen blackout for 5 seconds then it will turn back again. May I know if there is some configuration or need to setup the settings?...
  6. Black screen after boot for a while 5 to 10 sec

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after boot for a while 5 to 10 sec: After updating windows version 2004, I get Black screen for a while after booting. And i reverted that update to 1909 but m still getting that black screen. Can someone tell me how to fix this issue,thanx....
  7. Desktop Locks After 5 Minutes of Inactivity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Desktop Locks After 5 Minutes of Inactivity: So after the latest update my computer has been locking after 5 minutes of inactivity. I have looked through all the power options and sleep timers and no matter what I do I cannot seem to turn this feature off. This is happening to a friend of mine as well so I'm wondering...
  8. Desktop Locks After 5 Minutes of Inactivity

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Locks After 5 Minutes of Inactivity: So after the latest update my computer has been locking after 5 minutes of inactivity. I have looked through all the power options and sleep timers and no matter what I do I cannot seem to turn this feature off. This is happening to a friend of mine as well so I'm wondering...
  9. My display distorts after playing a vedio for 6 sec and again restore after shaking mouse...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My display distorts after playing a vedio for 6 sec and again restore after shaking mouse...: i have asus tuf fx 505 model. My display distorts after playing a vedio for 6 sec and again restore after shaking mouse or something? even when i play test vedio in setting i get this . can anyone help me out with it?...
  10. ELAN touchpad driver scrolling stops after 5 sec inactivity

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ELAN touchpad driver scrolling stops after 5 sec inactivity: This is a weird one. I just got a second hand laptop - Acer V3-771G with an Elan touchpad and I put a new SSHD hard drive in it and installed Windows 10 fresh. I see lots of issues with ELAN touchpads but it seems as though Microsoft has produce one that installs and fixes...