Windows 10: Issue after running OS on NvME

Discus and support Issue after running OS on NvME in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TheLifePhotographic [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g0g5ke/issue_after_running_os_on_nvme/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheLifePhotographic, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Issue after running OS on NvME

/u/TheLifePhotographic, Apr 13, 2020

2. Windows 10 installer don't detect NVMe drive

I have 2 drives:

• disk1 (SATA SSD, with Ubuntu 16.04)
      • partition1 (sda1: flag /boot)
      • partition2 (sda2: flag /home, encrypted by LUKS)
    • disk2 (NVMe SSD)

So, the goal is to install Windows 10 on disk2 and boot it from GRUB (which is on sda1).

What is the problem ?

In disk-choose step, disk2 is missing. However Ubuntu 14.04 installer "see" this disk, so I assume that is software issue, rather than my hardware.

What I tried to solve this problem ?

• loaded Samsung NVMe drivers from this thread
    • patched Windows image using DISM tool by adding 2 updates. I followed this guide
    • tried to run Windows 10 installed on USB stick to install it

All of them failed.

Please help me to solve this issue.

WojciechCe, Apr 13, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Apr 13, 2020
  4. Issue after running OS on NvME

Is it recommended to clone Win10 19H1 OS from a pyrite supported NVMe SSD to an IEEE On NVMe SSD?

We are seeing failures while cloning OS from Pyrite supported NVMe SSD to IEEE ON supported NVMe SSD. WOuld like to understand the implication of doing this from the Windows front.

Jinto Andrews (jintoa), Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

Issue after running OS on NvME

1. Issue after running OS on NvME - Similar Threads - Issue running NvME

2. Migrate OS to M.2 nvme

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Migrate OS to M.2 nvme: I am interested in migrating Windows 10 on my old gaming desktop to M.2 nvme to increase boot speeds. The migration seems straight forward but my question involves the software already installed on the current C drive. Will I have to uninstall the software and re-install it...
  3. Migrate OS to M.2 nvme

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Migrate OS to M.2 nvme: I am interested in migrating Windows 10 on my old gaming desktop to M.2 nvme to increase boot speeds. The migration seems straight forward but my question involves the software already installed on the current C drive. Will I have to uninstall the software and re-install it...
  4. Migrate OS to M.2 nvme

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Weird NVME Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Weird NVME Issue: Hi Everyone, I'm having a strange NVME issue and cannot figure it out. I recently purchased a WD SN850 1TB as a second drive for my PC, but I cannot get it to be recognised in Windows at all. Not in Device Manager or Disk Management. It is shown in the BIOS and as a drive and...
  6. Drivers issues after restoring the OS?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Drivers issues after restoring the OS?: Good evening! So I restored the OS a few weeks ago and reinstalled all the pertinent drivers. HOWEVER! as the gods of fate and destiny cant make things easy, there seems to be one driver that keeps messing things up and making the whole system crash and bluescreen me all over...
  7. Driver issues after restoring the OS

Driver issues after restoring the OS: Good evening! I seek your help and eternal wisdom! So a few months ago I decided to use the "restore" tool on windows 10 to reinstall my win10 as I had over 6 years of trash programs installed and so on. Ever since I've been having blue screens with various errors (“Critical...
  8. Is there an Issue with NVMe drives ?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Is there an Issue with NVMe drives ?: Hi I ran a hyper-v vm this morning and I tried to add a physical drive which I do regularly as I need to access the data on it. Up until today, that data has always been on an SSD but I recently moved all that data onto a new NVMe drive. The first time I tried, I added it...
  9. Help with NVME boot issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help with NVME boot issues: Installed WIn 10 Pro 64 EUFI successfully onto a 1TB NVMe drive and all was working fine and reliably. Without going into much detail, was trying to get a UAD accelerator PCe2 card working on the system (these are used in pro audio and there are known issues with Ryzen...
  10. Moving my OS and software onto an NvME

Moving my OS and software onto an NvME: After some pointers, wanting to put an NvME SSD into my machine and run my OS and software from it. Am using the Adobe suite which runs mostly spot on but would prefer to give my system the best chance possible. Any help and guidance on doing that would be great! submitted...