Windows 10: Issue after update on my Surface

Discus and support Issue after update on my Surface in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After a Microsoft update on my Surface, all my saved tiles are gone. How do I get them back?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NanetteLester, Jul 24, 2021.

1. Issue after update on my Surface

After a Microsoft update on my Surface, all my saved tiles are gone. How do I get them back?

:)

NanetteLester, Jul 24, 2021

2. Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Jul 24, 2021
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Surface Pro 4 Log in issues

Hello Bex,

For us to help you suggest steps to resolve the issue, we would like to know some information:

• Did you get any error messages when signing in to your account?
    • Have you made any significant changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried to login using a different Microsoft account or local account on the computer?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by Ashish Sondhi on this

link

Post us back with the result.

Remon Ont, Jul 24, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Issue after update on my Surface

Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 - April 5th 2017

Source: Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 (05 April 2017) Surface

See also:

Brink, Jul 24, 2021
Thema:

Issue after update on my Surface

1. Issue after update on my Surface - Similar Threads - Issue update Surface

2. Surface Dock Monitor Issues after Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Dock Monitor Issues after Windows 11 update: Hello, I have a Surface Pro 7 with a Surface Dock, I have a monitor plugged into the dock that worked fine on Windows 10.Now after updating to Windows 11 the dock will not display monitor.I have plugged another device into the monitor and that works fine.I have used the...
  3. Surface Dock Monitor Issues after Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Dock Monitor Issues after Windows 11 update: Hello, I have a Surface Pro 7 with a Surface Dock, I have a monitor plugged into the dock that worked fine on Windows 10.Now after updating to Windows 11 the dock will not display monitor.I have plugged another device into the monitor and that works fine.I have used the...
  4. Surface pro 20h2 update issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface pro 20h2 update issues: Hey we have around 20 surface pro 4 when updating to 20h2 there is issues with the wifi, the wifi will let you connect to the network but will not give an ip address even if you set an address manually the issues is still there. Is this a big with the update....
  5. Updating my Surface.

Updating my Surface.: I am trying to update my surface and it will not update. It has not updated for a while now. I ran the trouble shooter to fix the problem and it did some but could not fix the windows 10 data base error. Please tell me how to get this update to update on my surface....
  6. Stuck on Surface Logo after updates

Stuck on Surface Logo after updates: Hi In the company I work for we have several Surface Pros. They all have Windows 10 and very similar spec. We use Bitlocker on them all. Reasonably frequently on any one of these Surface Pros after windows updates have been installed and the system reboots it will not reboot...
  7. Performace issue in Surface Laptop after Windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Performace issue in Surface Laptop after Windows update: After the recent upgrade my new Surface Lap Top, takes a long time to start up, runs slower and all of my purchased office software changed to office 365 how do I repair these upgrade issues? ***Original Title: SUrface Lap Top issues after recent up grade 8/8/2019***...
  8. Surface Pro 4 - Issues after most recent update.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface Pro 4 - Issues after most recent update.: Hi! I've been using my Surface Pro 4 every day for school and entertainment and had zero issues with it until the latest update. 1. When I try to sign-in, if Windows Hello doesn't recognize me, it says signing-in with my pin is disabled and to go into settings and enable...
  9. BitLocker Issue after Updates Surface Book 2

BitLocker Issue after Updates Surface Book 2: A few months back I purchased the new Surface Book 2 for a bit over 3,000 EUR. I had high hopes that as Microsoft knows this hardware inside out (just like Apple does with their MacBooks) I would not anymore have to go through the usual driver issues and what not but instead...
  10. Surface Pro 4 issues with Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Surface Pro 4 issues with Anniversary Update: I have a Surface Pro 4, 128GB, i5 CPU. It came with Windows 10 Pro x64 pre-installed. All updates prior to the AU have installed without any hitches. Windows Update hasn't offered me the AU on the Surface, nor on my dual boot desktop. Prior to the upgrade my desktop had...