Windows 10: Issue after upgrading TPM firmware

Discus and support Issue after upgrading TPM firmware in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, This is the update that I am trying to accomplish:... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ethan.ASI, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Ethan.ASI Win User

Issue after upgrading TPM firmware

Hello,

This is the update that I am trying to accomplish: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4096377/windows-10-update-security-processor-tpm-firmware

However after completing the steps that are listed within this article I am still not able to complete the actual upgrade. I still have the pop up that states i need to upgrade.

I followed the following steps:

1. ensure all upgrades are up to date.

2. download the specific .EXE firmware update file and run it on my machine as an administrator

3. clear TPM and restart.

however simple these steps are I have not been able to complete the update.

I am on a HP Z240 SFF 1.2 TPM

What can I do to ensure that my TPM is updated to the latest firmware?

:)

Ethan.ASI, Jul 13, 2018

2. TPM update

Don't know if this is the right place for this thread but whatever, laptop informed me that " a firmware update is needed for you security processor (TPM)," now, i looked up what to do and from a microsoft support thing, the last step says to clear the tpm. it has a warning saying to back up my data, i would like to know what clearing the tpm does, and what measures i need to take to make sure nothing goes wrong.

ReeeeallyThough, Jul 13, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    RSA Keys Generated by Infineon TPMs are Insecure

Read more: RSA Keys Generated by Infineon TPMs are Insecure

Brink, Jul 13, 2018
  4. Issue after upgrading TPM firmware

Update your security processor (TPM) firmware

Is it just piece of cake or is this operation dangerous? I'm afraid to loose all my encrypted data???

3. Clear your TPM

Important

Before clearing your TPM, be sure to back up your data.
    Do not clear the TPM on a device you do not own, such as a work or school PC, without being instructed to do so by your IT administrator.

Follow these steps to clear your TPM:

• Go to Start > Settings >
      Update & Security > Windows Security >
      Device security
    • Under Security processor, select
      Security processor details
    • Select Security processor troubleshooting, and then under
      Clear TPM, select Clear TPM.

Your device will need to restart before the process is complete.

FinnSvenning, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

Issue after upgrading TPM firmware

1. Issue after upgrading TPM firmware - Similar Threads - Issue upgrading TPM

2. Upgrading TPM Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading TPM Issues: I'm trying to upgrade to Windows 11 on my system, and I'm getting an error saying that my TPM isn't supported or enabled on my PC.I went into my BIOS and followed the instructions from this tutorial here and ran into a predicament.I'm operating on Intel i9-9900 and I'm...
  3. Upgrading TPM Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading TPM Issues: I'm trying to upgrade to Windows 11 on my system, and I'm getting an error saying that my TPM isn't supported or enabled on my PC.I went into my BIOS and followed the instructions from this tutorial here and ran into a predicament.I'm operating on Intel i9-9900 and I'm...
  4. Upgrading TPM Issues

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. TPM issues after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TPM issues after hardware upgrade: I just recently upgraded my Ryzen CPU, Ram, and GPU. My issues led back to security processor settings. After troubleshooting, its telling me that i need to clear my TPM. How do i go about this issue?* Moved from Community Center* OS not specified...
  6. TPM issues after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TPM issues after hardware upgrade: I just recently upgraded my Ryzen CPU, Ram, and GPU. My issues led back to security processor settings. After troubleshooting, its telling me that i need to clear my TPM. How do i go about this issue?* Moved from Community Center* OS not specified...
  7. TPM issues after hardware upgrade

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. BSOD after changing tpm settings from Descrete to Firmware

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after changing tpm settings from Descrete to Firmware: So I was trying to upgrade to Dev Windows 11 today and it seemed that it needed TPM to be enabled so I set my TPM settings to firmware mode in bios and now my windows gets a BSOD with a "CRITICAL PROCESS DIED" error when I start my pc up. I tried reseting the setting back to...
  9. Upgrade Firmware

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Upgrade Firmware: I was going through the troubleshooting steps and one of the step is suggesting to do a firmware upgrade. How can I achieve it? My system model is hp 2 in 1 and it's around 3 months old....
  10. TPM firmware update... WTF?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    TPM firmware update... WTF?: Suddenly Kaspersky alerts me to a security issue. Then I check and discover the above. Of all the innumerable problems MS have caused me recently - like having to spend £700 replacing a perfectly usable PC with an AMD processor because current Win 10 is "incompatible" - I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. not able to clear TPM after 1809 patch

2. issues with TPM and winmagic

3. TPM using certain firmware levels are insecure

4. update tpm without data loss,
  5. hp x2 bitlocker issue tpm 7.63.3353.0