Windows 10: Issue connecting JBL Tune 120TWS (Audio Driver or Bluetooth Driver Issue)

Discus and support Issue connecting JBL Tune 120TWS (Audio Driver or Bluetooth Driver Issue) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Greeting to all my fellow Windows pundits, apologies if this is lengthy, I just wanted to provide as much detail as possible regarding my issue so that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/YoungMxtro, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Issue connecting JBL Tune 120TWS (Audio Driver or Bluetooth Driver Issue)

Greeting to all my fellow Windows pundits, apologies if this is lengthy, I just wanted to provide as much detail as possible regarding my issue so that everyone can provide the best solution/advice .

I need help regarding this issue, but it is also a discussion that I want to get opinions on (couldn't use more than one flair)

So when connecting my wireless JBL earbuds/earphones via Bluetooth they connect/pair perfectly fine but my when paired there's two options for the audio output:

• the first option is to treat them as a wireless headset (similar to gaming headphones with a microphone if I'm not mistaken)
    • the second option is to treat them as headphones (this is normally how I'd use the output with regular earphones or any audio device)

The issue is when connected, the sound quality is not as clear/good as when I use normal corded earphones. In addition, the sound quality although not as good as corded earphones appears better when using the first option above as opposed to the second option.

I've been trying to fix the issue but have had no luck as I am unsure whether this is an issue with my Audio Driver or Bluetooth Driver, or whether there are specific sound settings that need to be input when using wireless earbuds?

The added discussion point is:

"What is the best audio driver and/or Bluetooth driver to use?" (specifically for a HP laptop with intel core i3 processor running windows 10 Pro)

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated and thank you all in advance for your time and assistance.

submitted by /u/YoungMxtro
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/YoungMxtro, Sep 1, 2020

2. Bluetooth issues with the driver.

Hi,

We would like to know more about your Bluetooth driver concern. Kindly answer the following questions:

• When did you start encountering the issue?
    • Have you made any changes on your computer prior to this issue?
    • Is the Bluetooth driver detected under Device Manager?

Meanwhile, you can consider removing/uninstalling the Bluetooth driver from the Device Manager and then restart your computer. In that way, the system will automatically install the generic Bluetooth driver.

To uninstall the Bluetooth driver, follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard, type
      devmgmt.msc, and then hit Enter.
    • Expand Bluetooth.
    • Right-click the Bluetooth driver, and then select Uninstall. (Note: If the driver is not located in Bluetooth, then you can look for it under
      Other devices.)
    • Restart your computer.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Sep 1, 2020
  3. Suraz66 Win User
    JBL Infinity Mini2 pairing issue

Just to recap - the issue is JBL Reflect Mini2 doesn't pair with Dell XPS 8930 running Windows 10 1909.

JBL Reflect mini 2 has Bluetooth Profiles A2DP 1.3, AVRCP 1.5, HFP 1.6. Its Bluetooth version is 4.2 which backward compatible.

I have tried installing/un-installing drivers / devices, all the usual stuff that is available online.

Dell replaced BT card from Killer to Intel AC 8265 but still doesn't work.

I tried with different computers and different bluetooth devices. Below are the findings:

1. JBL Reflect Mini2 doesn't pair with Intel AC-8265 [BT driver 21.90.0.4 and Wifi Driver 20.70.17.1] on Dell XPS 8930 running Windows 10 Pro 1909. Device gets listed as 'Bluetooth Handset' while pairing but it doesn't connect. Device should list as 'JBL Reflect
      Mini2'.
    2. JBL Reflect Mini2 is backward compatible. It works with cards that support BT4.0:
      • AC 7260 [on Toshiba laptop running Windows 10 Pro 1909];
      • N-1030 [on HP laptop running Windows 7]; and
      • Avantree BTDG 40S [USB BT adaptor on Dell XPS 8930 running Windows 10 pro. The same desktop where JBL doesn't connect with Intel AC-8265]
    3. Intel AC -8265 works with Bose speakers, Sony headphone and JBL Charge 3 that I had bought few years back. So assume they support BT4.0
    4. JBL Mini2 BT4.2 works well with Apple devices -iphone and Macbook Air

So it seems JBL Mini2 pairing with Microsoft Windows 10 has issues when the BT card supports 4.2.

Has anybody experienced problem connecting BT4.2 device to a computer running Windows 10 1909 and having BT card that supports 4.2?

Suraz66, Sep 1, 2020
  4. Rav7 Win User

Issue connecting JBL Tune 120TWS (Audio Driver or Bluetooth Driver Issue)

JBL TUNE600BTNC Sound issue

Hello all,

I have this issue with this headset, that I can't talk and hear at the same time.
    Meaning its going to be working either the recording or the hearing part of the headset. When its recording I cant hear anything until I disable the mic, and when I m listening people are not able to listen to me.

The issue seems to be that the system considers this device as 2 instead of one. Once its paired as you can see on the screen, the headset appears on the playback devices as two. 1. JBL Tune600btnc Stereo and 2. Handsfree AG Audio.
    It seems that the recording part is happening only via the Handsfree (2) and the Playback only via 1. If I set my playback device to 2, I can only hear static, but I can record. I can't hear anything until I disconnect the handsfree by right clicking disconnect, then and only then I can only hear sound via the headsets again.

I ve tried the JBL support but the answer (quoted) they gave me is very generic and it is oriented around the bluetooth adapter.

I tried connecting my headset on my lenovo x1 carbon laptop with the same results. I also ordered a new BT adapter for my desktop to see if this resolves the issue.
    On my phone the headset works properly, voice and sound.

Any ideas that might resolve this issue anybody?

Rav7, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

Issue connecting JBL Tune 120TWS (Audio Driver or Bluetooth Driver Issue)

1. Issue connecting JBL Tune 120TWS (Audio Driver or Bluetooth Driver Issue) - Similar Threads - Issue connecting JBL

2. Bluetooth Driver Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Driver Issue: In Window 10 Bluetooth problem occurs I try my best several times to install an updated driver but not working. Window 10 are running well and performed all tasks is well all features performed well but my issue is not big please suggest any solution to solve my problem. I...
  3. Bluetooth Driver Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Driver Issue: In Window 10 Bluetooth problem occurs I try my best several times to install an updated driver but not working. Window 10 are running well and performed all tasks is well all features performed well but my issue is not big please suggest any solution to solve my problem. I...
  4. Bluetooth Driver Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth connection issues (driver error)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth connection issues (driver error): My wiimote connected fine for awhile now. Today, all of the sudden, my wii mote wouldn't connect. When I went to bluetooth devices, I saw it there. It said that there was a driver error. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting and checking for drivers updates and stuff, but...
  6. Bluetooth Driver Issues

Bluetooth Driver Issues: [ATTACH] I was having bluetooth issues, so I decided to try and remove my bluetooth device, then reinstall it. However, once I hit "remove device" in picture 1, then I get "Removing device" text forever. I've tried restarting bluetooth services, disabling bluetooth in device...
  7. Bluetooth driver issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth driver issue: I have been having an issue with my Bluetooth. When coming out of a restart I get message saying that I need to restart my machine to finish installing Bluetooth. If I restart again when it comes back up Bluetooth is not working. In Device Manager it shows an error with the...
  8. Connecting Bluetooth - issues with driver

Connecting Bluetooth - issues with driver: I am using Windows 10Pro version 1909 The driver is Qualcomm QCA9377 - last week I could connect by wireless bluetooth speaker Oontz Angle 3. It stopped working so I went in to try and figure out why. In the start menu I click Settings, Devices, and Add Bluetooth and...
  9. Bluetooth driver issue

Bluetooth driver issue: Bluetooth icon not visible after updating to windows10. Tried disabling / enabling the driver Tried uninstalling reinstalling the driver Tried sfc scannow Tried updating windows to the fullest All with restarting the pc after every change. Next what to do? Model...
  10. Bluetooth driver issue !

Bluetooth driver issue !: Hello, I keep getting bluetooth stack service error. I tried uninstalling and rebooting the system so that windows can automatically install the drivers. But I have had no success in connecting new bluetooth device. When I click on pair, the device gets paired and then...