Windows 10: Issue connecting to a mapped drive over VPN...

Discus and support Issue connecting to a mapped drive over VPN... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm working on an odd problem with drive mapping over our F5 VPN. Here are the particulars... 1. I can map the drive, but not access either of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Citizen10468, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Issue connecting to a mapped drive over VPN...

I'm working on an odd problem with drive mapping over our F5 VPN. Here are the particulars...

1. I can map the drive, but not access either of the folders on it via my prod VPN (tested on three laptops, using Win7 and Win10). It works fine over my Lab VPN, wireless and on the LAN itself.

2. Not everyone is having this issue, and we have many users utilizing VPN (no idea how many actually use drive mapping, but I'd say quite a few).

Has anyone ever run into this issue? Why would it be possible to map a drive, yet not access its contents (depending on the connection method)?

I have a ticket open with F5 regarding this and have provided them with some captures, but no response just yet. I figured I'd ask here, bounce the issue off the Microsoft experts and see what they think.

Thanks!

AB

:)

Citizen10468, Apr 24, 2019
  2. eliepins Win User

Trouble mapping a drive over a VPN

I have a network attached storage system and when I am out of network I connect through a VPN and map the drive to access.

A few computers have been able to connect to the VPN and map the drive while others can connect to the VPN but then when trying to map the drive it says network error "windows cannot access (folder location)"

Anyone know what the issue may be? I suspect it's a setting on those individual computers not being able to map the drive rather than an issue with my NAS system.

I've attached a screenshot of the error.

Issue connecting to a mapped drive over VPN... [​IMG]

eliepins, Apr 24, 2019
  3. Knoxx29 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Apr 24, 2019
  4. Hoggorm Win User

Issue connecting to a mapped drive over VPN...

How do I map network drive when connected to VPN at home?

Thank you for the suggestion jimbo, but it is not exactly the solution I'm looking for. I am sure there must be a way to add the folder the proper way. I am sure there has to be a setting either in the Synology NAS, or the Asus router that is currently blocking this from happen. It does work when I connect to the Synology NAS VPN directly.

I agree.

This is the Synology DS216J. It has 512 MB of RAM and it is according to Synology not possible to upgrade this...

Hoggorm, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

Issue connecting to a mapped drive over VPN...

1. Issue connecting to a mapped drive over VPN... - Similar Threads - Issue connecting mapped

2. VPN Connection issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VPN Connection issue: I have encountered error while connecting to VPN, earlier we can be able to connect to the VPN but recent OS updates I'm not able to connect it to the VPN.Showing below error"The L2TP connection attempt failed because the security layer encountered a processing error during...
  3. VPN Connection issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VPN Connection issue: I have encountered error while connecting to VPN, earlier we can be able to connect to the VPN but recent OS updates I'm not able to connect it to the VPN.Showing below error"The L2TP connection attempt failed because the security layer encountered a processing error during...
  4. Mapped drives continuously reconnect with bad password over vpn.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mapped drives continuously reconnect with bad password over vpn.: Title. I'm having an issue where when a user's password expires or changes, the shared drives that use those credentials continuously attempt to reconnect multiple times per second, spamming the logs. I understand that windows doesn't lock accounts out if the same password...
  5. VPN connection issue

VPN connection issue: Hi Team, I am getting the below error while connecting to VPN . Please help . Error message " The L2TP connection attempt is failed because the security layer encountered a processing error during initial negotiations with the remote computer " Help is really...
  6. VPN Connection Issues

VPN Connection Issues: So I have an old Dell PowerEdge R610 that was sitting collecting dust, so I decided to use it a VPN. I have everything set up to where I can connect to it from my laptop, but I have a couple of issues. The first issue is that the connection is slow. Without being connected to...
  7. Slow mapped drive connection over VPN

Slow mapped drive connection over VPN: Hello, We having some issues with remote users accessing our shared drive over a VPN. Everything was fine up to about a week ago, when the connection slowed down dramatically. The VPN latency and bandwidth seem fine 100 ms and 600 MB/s, and also I tested the client against...
  8. VPN connection issues

VPN connection issues: Hello Franco. I would like to ask for help on a similar issue, that is, with VPN connection. I Go to te remote connection website, select my region (EMEA), then when i click on my machine name, the office computer, I get a pop up asking if I allow Pulse app (which I do), but...
  9. Configured VPN Connections and mapped drives In Windows 10 Disappear

Configured VPN Connections and mapped drives In Windows 10 Disappear: Hello, I am new to the forum and to the IT Industry...I have been tasked with building out a Lenovo T440p Laptop with Windows 10 Pro OS...Part of the configuration requirements was to configure VPN connection for the user prior to delivering the laptop...I configured the...
  10. Trouble mapping a drive over a VPN

Trouble mapping a drive over a VPN: I have a network attached storage system and when I am out of network I connect through a VPN and map the drive to access. A few computers have been able to connect to the VPN and map the drive while others can connect to the VPN but then when trying to map the drive it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kb4517389 and vpn