Windows 10: Issue connecting to Win 7 PC from Win 10

Discus and support Issue connecting to Win 7 PC from Win 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When on my Win 10 PC and go to Network > Win 7 PC. Instead of connecting and letting me see the shares, it gives me an "\\COMPUTERNAME is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bobsagetfullhou, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Issue connecting to Win 7 PC from Win 10

When on my Win 10 PC and go to Network > Win 7 PC. Instead of connecting and letting me see the shares, it gives me an "\\COMPUTERNAME is not accessible. You might not have permission..." error.

On my Win 7 PC I have all the advanced sharing settings turned on. My Win 8 computer has no issues connecting to it.

Any ideas?

:)

bobsagetfullhou, Mar 7, 2015
  2. S.K. LAM Win User

How to downgrade the Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home (upgraded from Windows 7 Home)

It means there is no way for Win 10 Pro downgrade to Win 10 home (upgrade from Win 7 Home) unless I reinstall the win 7 home then upgrade to win 10 home?

If I do the clean install of that PC installed Win 10 Pro upgrade from Win 10 Home (upgraded from Win 7 Home) and skipped the inserting key steps then connect internet, will my PC activate automatically for Win 10 Home or Win 10 Pro?

S.K. LAM, Mar 7, 2015
  3. dafod Win User
    Incoming Connection setup in Win 10 - where is it?

Hi, I just upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7 and I had previously had an incoming connection setup for a VPN from my Server/PC so I could remotely connect in. The issue is I cannot find out how to setup an incoming connection. If I use the Win 7 approach I cannot
    get a menu through "ALT F" as under Win 7 that allows me to setup an incoming connection. Does anyone know where or how I trigger the setup for an incoming connection under Win 10?

thanks in advance if anyone knows.

dafod, Mar 7, 2015
  4. linw Win User

Issue connecting to Win 7 PC from Win 10

Use Credential Manager in Ctrl Panel to set up a Windows Credential for your shares. You will need to add a username and password that can access the share.

linw, Mar 9, 2015
  5. Dude Win User
    I receive the UAC pop that I need permission then click okay and it lets me in

6. linw Win User
    Ah, that would be the UAC I always turn off!

7. Dude Win User
    Yep that's the one. Do you have a good link showing how to set up windows credentials for shares? I know I could google it, but you seem to know how so wanted to ask. Thanks

8. linw Win User

9. Dude Win User
    Thanks linw, I figured you had a good bookmark saved *Wink , I wasn't being lazy.

Dude, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Issue connecting to Win 7 PC from Win 10 - Similar Threads - Issue connecting

2. NETWORK ADAPTER ISSUE - Ethernet connection detection issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NETWORK ADAPTER ISSUE - Ethernet connection detection issue.: Hello all,My Laptop couldn't detect ethernet connection, when i checked with device manager, there's an error CODE 56. It hasn't resolved even after updating the drivers and downloaded and installled the driver from the manufacturer site but still issue hasn't resolved.Any...
  3. NETWORK ADAPTER ISSUE - Ethernet connection detection issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NETWORK ADAPTER ISSUE - Ethernet connection detection issue.: Hello all,My Laptop couldn't detect ethernet connection, when i checked with device manager, there's an error CODE 56. It hasn't resolved even after updating the drivers and downloaded and installled the driver from the manufacturer site but still issue hasn't resolved.Any...
  4. NETWORK ADAPTER ISSUE - Ethernet connection detection issue.

5. NETWORK ADAPTER ISSUE - Ethernet connection detection issue.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. NETWORK ADAPTER ISSUE - Ethernet connection detection issue.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. NETWORK ADAPTER ISSUE - Ethernet connection detection issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. 5GHz Wi-Fi Connectivity issue Win-11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    5GHz Wi-Fi Connectivity issue Win-11: It seems that my laptop is unable to connect to the 5GHz network. Previously, I had no trouble connecting, but now it struggles to authenticate my device. After entering the password, it spends some time in "verifying and connecting" before ultimately failing to connect to...
  9. 5GHz Wi-Fi Connectivity issue Win-11

5GHz Wi-Fi Connectivity issue Win-11: It seems that my laptop is unable to connect to the 5GHz network. Previously, I had no trouble connecting, but now it struggles to authenticate my device. After entering the password, it spends some time in "verifying and connecting" before ultimately failing to connect to...
  10. WiFi Connection issue

WiFi Connection issue: In my Lenovo laptop, I cannot connect to my WiFi network. It showed me a message that says: Security or Firewall settings might be blocking the connection. Where I have to click and solve that problem in my laptop. I have already checked my WiFi with my cellphone, and it is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Issues with connecting Win 7 PC from Win 10 PC

2. issue connecting to win 7 pc from win 10

3. connecting to win 7 pc from win 10