Windows 10: Issue Creating Live Tile That Updates

Discus and support Issue Creating Live Tile That Updates in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I had created a Windows Vista/7 Gadget to gather weather information from the following site: http://orsl.montana.edu/weather/ORSLweather.php.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TheCarsForever, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Issue Creating Live Tile That Updates

Hi,
    I had created a Windows Vista/7 Gadget to gather weather information from the following site: http://orsl.montana.edu/weather/ORSLweather.php. This is basically an image that updates every five minutes with the latest climate info from a weather station at a University. Pinning the site doesn't create a tile that actively shows the latest image, so I am trying to create a live tile for use with Windows 8/10. While I have some coding experience, I am not a programmer and am getting stymied making this seemingly simple task occur. Below are copies of the XML and HTML files I used for the Gadget I created for Vista/7.

If this goes beyond help I can get here and there is a better source for this do not hesitate to point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance for any help!

**** GADGET-XML ****
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
    <gadget>
    <name>MSU Weather</name>
    <namespace>
    <!--_locComment_text="{Locked}"-->microsoft.windows
    </namespace>
    <version>1.2</version>
    <logo src="logo.png"/>
    <icons>
    <icon height="180" width="120" src="icon.png"/>
    </icons>
    <hosts>
    <host name="sidebar">
    <base type="HTML" apiVersion="1.2.0" src="Weather.html" />
    <permissions>full</permissions>
    <platform minPlatformVersion="0.3" />
    <defaultImage src="drag.png"/>
    </host>
    </hosts>
    </gadget>

**** GADGET-HTML****
    <html>
    <head>
    <style>
    body {
    width:120;
    height:180;
    background-image:url('http://orsl.montana.edu/weather/ORSLweather.php');
    }
    </style>
    <script>
    function loaded()
    {
    window.setInterval(refreshImage, 60 * 1000);
    }
    function refreshImage()
    {
    window.location.reload(true);
    }
    </script>
    </head>
    <body onload="loaded()">
    </body>
    </html>

:)

TheCarsForever, Aug 20, 2015

2. can user enter text into live tile?

Is it possible to create a live tile on WinPhone 8 that has user controls?

For example, the Live Tile accepts user input? and have a "submit" button right on the Live Tile?

Mike Edgar, Aug 20, 2015
  3. NjnBat Win User
    Family room - Windows Phone 8 - Notifications

Hi,

i love using the family room options available in windows phone. i have created a live tile for the family room . But however the live tile doesn't update information . For ex: if a member adds photos or updates notes in family room , the live tile remains
    static and hence i always miss out on the updates happening inside family room. It requires the member to manually go inside the family room to check for any updates in various sections. I feel that microsoft must introduce Live Tile updations and Notifications
    for activities under family room.

NjnBat, Aug 20, 2015
Thema:

Issue Creating Live Tile That Updates

1. Issue Creating Live Tile That Updates - Similar Threads - Issue Creating Live

2. Live Tiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Live Tiles: Live tiles don't work when the screen set on a custom scale. Like 110%. Actually they work if the tile's size is medium, but if it is different than the medium it doesn't. Does anyone know how to fix it?...
  3. Live Tiles

Live Tiles: Sine the October update my live tiles have disappeared and the only ones present are the Windows default tiles. When I add my tiles and remove the ones I don't need and restart the default tiles return and mine disappear again. Also cannot connect to Microsoft store to try...
  4. Live tiles not updating

Live tiles not updating: Live tiles do not update for several days - is this a known problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/live-tiles-not-updating/42c8dbff-1ada-4b95-83d2-d0a1ed49e047
  5. tile live updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    tile live updates: For some reason not all my apps are updating live like they should be. Like my cnn app; and the sports app that came with 10 already installed as well as the money app and Im sure there are some others Im missing right now. Are these known issues that still exist; or should i...
  6. Sporadic Live Tile Updates

Sporadic Live Tile Updates: Hi, Okay, I understand that Live Tile updates for third-party apps can and will vary. But when it comes to certain standard/system apps, I would expect to always see their Live Tile functionality in effect. Both my Weather and Calendar apps are "stuck" on their Title...
  7. Live Tiles

Live Tiles: Just upgraded to windows 10 and the live tiles do not work any ideas what to do? 9255
  8. Live tiles

Live tiles: Just curious. If I open my start menu the live tiles like store, weather and news do their thing. Cycling through. But after a a while they stop updating and show a static picture or piece of info. Is that how it should be? I would prefer they were on a repeatable loop. Is...
  9. Live Tiles Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Live Tiles Issue: What is this and how to fix? [img] 90724
  10. How do you create a live Tile

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you create a live Tile: Is it possible to create a live tile and if so how do you do it. It would be very useful to me for going to various Forums for which I contribute. 18506