Windows 10: Issue creating system image error 0x80070006

Discus and support Issue creating system image error 0x80070006 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Good day, I need help, I was trying to create a system image Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Backup and Restore Windows 7 cant proceed, got an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by eliezer llanto, Feb 8, 2023.

1. Issue creating system image error 0x80070006

Good day, I need help, I was trying to create a system image Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Backup and Restore Windows 7 cant proceed, got an error 0x80070006. I am using Windows 10.

:)

eliezer llanto, Feb 8, 2023

2. Creating a System Image backup - keeps looping

Hi,

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to assist you with the query.

I understand the inconvenience caused, now that you have me with you let me take care of this.

The system image is exactly like the mirrored copy of the Operating System which contains the configuration of the Operating System. When you create backup system image your windows 10 comes back to the same position at when the image was created earlier.

As an initial step, I suggest you to make sure that the services required for backup to run successfully is enabled. Refer to these steps:

• Press Windows + R
      keys, type services.msc and press Enter.

• In the services window, locate the services
      File history service
      and the Volume shadow copy service and check if they are running.

• If they are not running, right-click and select
      Start to manually start the service.

• Check if you are able to create a backup now.
    Step 1: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article created by

Andre Da Costa
    and check if it helps.

How to: Create a system image in Windows 10

Redirecting

Step 2: If the issue still persists, I suggest you to boot the computer in a clean boot state and then check.

Booting the computer in a clean boot state can reduce software conflicts and help identify the root cause of the issue. You can refer to this article for more information:

How to perform a clean boot in Windows - Microsoft Support

Note: After troubleshooting, reset the computer to start as usual. Refer to the step
    How to set the computer to start as usual after clean boot troubleshooting under more information.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Feb 8, 2023
  3. Cannot create system image from tablet

Hi Petros,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

As per the description, we understand that you are not able to create system image backup in Asus Vivo tablet. We regret the inconvenience caused.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Which build is currently installed?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • Do you get any error message or code?
    Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to start Volume Shadow Copy service
    and set it to Automatic.

Steps to Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Volume Shadow Copy service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Step 2: I suggest you to perform clean boot to avoid any third party software conflict and check.

Disclaimer: Putting your system in
    Clean Boot
    state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Hope this information helps, let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Feb 8, 2023
  4. Issue creating system image error 0x80070006

Receive errors messages followed by the following when using a created system image: 0x807800c5 and 0x80780081.

Hi James,

To address your concern, make sure that you have followed the right steps to
    create a system image in Windows 10

We also suggest that you run the following scans to repair missing or corrupted system files:

Let us know the result.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Feb 8, 2023
Thema:

Issue creating system image error 0x80070006

1. Issue creating system image error 0x80070006 - Similar Threads - Issue creating system

2. Issue creating system image error 0x80070006

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue creating system image error 0x80070006: Good day, I need help, I was trying to create a system image Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Backup and Restore Windows 7 cant proceed, got an error 0x80070006. I am using Windows 10....
  3. Issue creating system image error 0x80070006

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue creating system image error 0x80070006: Good day, I need help, I was trying to create a system image Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Backup and Restore Windows 7 cant proceed, got an error 0x80070006. I am using Windows 10....
  4. Windows Updater error 0x80070006

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updater error 0x80070006: I haven't updated my computer in 9 months and now I get this error, when trying to search for updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updater-error-0x80070006/e092ff49-ba17-4e6c-a52c-82c8beacdfdd
  5. error 0x80070006

error 0x80070006: Hello, I can not update my Windows 10 anymore (0x80070006) and Windows Defender is blocked on "desactivated". I tried to run the solver I installed from the support Microsoft, but it says it corrected the problem with the "Research and Install of updates" while I still...
  6. Error Code: 0x80070006

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error Code: 0x80070006: I am having the problem in the title. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-0x80070006/f8321d6a-63f4-4218-a26a-57eb8afacbdc
  7. error 0x80070006

error 0x80070006: every check windows update or install any apps from microsoft store alway failed with error 0x80070006 . how to repair it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/error-0x80070006/48a67390-cc77-4403-91d3-635ee1e7157e
  8. Issue Creating System Image Backup

Issue Creating System Image Backup: I'm trying to create a system image backup, and it is continuously failing and giving the following message: Windows Backup failed to get an exclusive lock on the EFI system partition (ESP). This may happen if another application is using files on the ESP. Please retry the...
  9. Creating System Image Backup Issues

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Creating System Image Backup Issues: I made a thread here some time ago in trying to create a System Image (Sys Img) using a 3.0USB 1 TB Toshiba External HDD. My issue is it runs then stops with errors and creates blank folders in the ExtHDD. @essenbe this is the fella you were having discussions with on...
  10. Creating System Image Backup Issues

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Creating System Image Backup Issues: I have a Toshiba 1 tb external hard drive and my issue is this, I reformatted the drive to NTFS to have a fresh disk to use. That went fine; it shows in Disk Management, it shows in Device Manager, it shows in This PC...BUT....it does not show in Create System Image. When I...