Windows 10: Issue doing clean install from DVD on Win10

Discus and support Issue doing clean install from DVD on Win10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Okay, long story ahead, basically it all started after I swapped out my heat sink and applied new thermal paste due to bad CPU temps, paste hadn’t been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Himblez, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Issue doing clean install from DVD on Win10

Okay, long story ahead, basically it all started after I swapped out my heat sink and applied new thermal paste due to bad CPU temps, paste hadn’t been changed in 4~ years so I deemed it appropriate. While I was doing this I also cleaned out my PC using compressed air, vacuum and alcoholic wipes. After doing all this and plugging everything back in my PC was stalling at “Verifying DMI pool data” but then it would go to the Windows logo then restart and hence I was stuck in a loop. So, I done probably a bad thing here, and just decided that I would just completely format the drive and reinstall Windows. I already had stuff saved on my other drive, unplugged at the time, and my PC had been slow recently anyways. So I plugged in my DVD drive and fired up the Windows 10 Disk, chose to Boot from CD/ROM and went to repair this pc then troubleshooting and tried too reset ALL. This failed multiple times and after restarting, my PC failed to locate an operating system. So I assumed if I clicked install now instead of repair this pc that I would be back on track. No this didn’t work either after formatting all partions and choosing the one I wanted the install would go through but then I would get stuck at “Getting devices ready” after the restart. Frustrated at this point I decided I would try another empty hard drive I have as I did suspect it could be HDD failure. It’s not working on this hard drive either and I’m getting the exact same issue.

I suspect maybe there is a fault with the CPU or Motherboard causing this as it’s clearly not a hard drive failure since I can recreate the issue on multiple hard drives.

Any advice would be appreciated and if I make any progress on my own I will update this thread.

Specs, incase it’s necessary

AMD Fx6300 6 Core CPU Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3 MOBO Award BIOS (If useful) AMD Radeon R9 380 GPU 16gb DDR3 RAM (4x4) 1TB Seagate HDD (First drive I tried) 500GB Seagate HDD (Second drive I tried) Windows 10 Home Edition

Hope someone can help with this issue.

Thanks.

Edit: The alcoholic wipes were 99% with no water, also worth mentioning that the BIOS was reading everything correct. HDD, Motherboard, CPU etc nothing suspicious. I also did try different SATA cables and connections to motherboard.

submitted by /u/Himblez
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Himblez, Nov 20, 2019

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Nov 20, 2019
  3. Clean install of Win10

I purchased Win10 Download yesterday because the upgrade that somehow was done on my pc had many problems. Using the downloaded file it did what appears to be an upgrade again. While things are better, I want to do a clean install of Win10. I burned the
    .iso file to a DVD. I booted the pc on the DVD drive but everything looks like just the upgrade. All my stuff is there, which normally is good, but I want to start all over. I've researched and can't find definitive steps on how.

Please tell me how?

Austin Willis, Nov 20, 2019
  4. C_C
    c_C Win User

Issue doing clean install from DVD on Win10

DVD Drive issues.

The games used to run, now apparently the disks don't even read.

Go to Device Manager and remove the DVD
    Scan for hardware changes and update driver as OS suggests

Still not working?

1) Clean the heads.
    2) Run a diagnostic program on the drive.

Nothing else has changed about your system aside from the OS?

Revert to XP Home, assuming you don't find the source of the problem in steps above.

Thema:

Issue doing clean install from DVD on Win10

1. Issue doing clean install from DVD on Win10 - Similar Threads - Issue doing clean

2. Issues with clean Win10 Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues with clean Win10 Install: [IMG]I don’t know how to write this I’m not great with computers but this is currently where I’m at and I have no idea where to go from here. I used IBuyPowers guide to fixing “Reboot and select proper boot media, or insert a boot device” and everything was going well up...
  3. Issues with clean install

Issues with clean install: So I tried to clean install windows the resetting windows got stuck at 99%, eventually restarted but said could not delete everything. windowes install started but bugged out halfway through. now when I boot I gett windows installationj failed to start. My bios settign seem...
  4. Recent Win10 clean install having issues a month later

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recent Win10 clean install having issues a month later: I setup Windows 10 on clean install, on a new SSD for an emulation/gaming PC to keep in the living room. Running Version 1901 Win10 Pro It has been running fine, but 6 days or so ago my son mentioned it was acting weird and I have observed the following - The Microsoft...
  5. Windows 10 Issues clean installing from DVD

Windows 10 Issues clean installing from DVD: Issue doing clean install from DVD on Win10 Okay, long story ahead, basically it all started after I swapped out my heat sink and applied new thermal paste due to bad CPU temps, paste hadn’t been changed in 4~ years so I deemed it appropriate. While I was doing this I also...
  6. Prepare For Clean Install of WIN10 OEM DVD on Dual-Boot Win10 & Linux

Prepare For Clean Install of WIN10 OEM DVD on Dual-Boot Win10 & Linux: I want to wipe my HDD and clean-install Win10 (1809) as sole OS. Currently have Win10 and Linux Mint 18.3 as dual boot. The Win10 partition has been corrupted so I won't be doing a restore or upgrade, just a new installation. I did try Shawn Brink's tutorial on doing a...
  7. Reloading WIN10 from Win0iso file Clean install

Reloading WIN10 from Win0iso file Clean install: Last year I rebuilt my system installed a new SSD in C; position to make the computer boot faster. At the time of the work on my computer I created a Win10 ISO backup.. Well as luck would have it the SSD has failed. it is completely dead. I thought I was safe, with the...
  8. Issue with Clean Install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issue with Clean Install: Today i upgraded my mother board, cpu and ram to an asrock z170 K6, an i7 6700k, and 2x8n ddr4 ram and i am trying to do a clean install from a usb created with the media creation tool. I have made 3 usb's and have gotten multiple BSOD's and now i am at the point where the...
  9. Clean install Win10 with Update?

Clean install Win10 with Update?: I'm one of those people who generally does a clean install with every new major Windows release. The reason for this is general housekeeping: removing old software no longer needed, clearing out drivers and other files no longer used, etc. I'm curious how this sort of install...
  10. decided to do clean install from dvd

decided to do clean install from dvd: Hello guys, my laptop got stucked in boot loop so i decided to do clean install from dvd. I wonder if i can leave D: partition and delete C: and those two of 350MB and 450MB size? Will i still get that unallocated space and be able to do install on it? Or i have to delete D:...