Windows 10: Issue downgrading to windows 7

Discus and support Issue downgrading to windows 7 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, due to my laptop lagging ,i wanted to downgrade to windows 7, i have windows10 1803 installed, i downloaded windows7 from the web(cant afford... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AceRedford, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Issue downgrading to windows 7

Hello, due to my laptop lagging ,i wanted to downgrade to windows 7, i have windows10 1803 installed, i downloaded windows7 from the web(cant afford aquiring a licence andi dont need a geniune version either) the system refuses to install it, saying this version is incompatible, what should i do to get rid of windows10 and bring back windows 7

:)

AceRedford, Sep 5, 2019

2. bsod after downgrading from windows 10 to windows 7

Hello there, tom.
    I would try these:
    • Get your Windows 7 media device and reinstall Windows
    • Try auto-repair
    • Follow these steps:

1. Put in your Windows 10 media device, boot into the USB
    2. Select your language and keyboard input, then click next.
    3. Click "Repair this computer"
    4. Go to "Advanced options"
    5. click system restore
    6. Select a restore point before you downgraded to Windows 7.
    Hope I helped!

AbAppletic, Sep 5, 2019
  3. malware Win User
    Microsoft Windows 7 Will Allow Downgrades too

Even though there's still some time left before the official release of Windows 7, Microsoft - the creator of this OS - confirmed today that just like some Windows Vista distributions could be downgraded to Windows XP with ease, the same will apply to Windows 7. General users of Windows 7 will be given the option of downgrading right over Vista to Windows XP, a Microsoft spokesperson has confirmed.
    "This is not the first time that Microsoft has offered downgrade rights to a version other than its immediate predecessor," the spokesperson told Betanews, "and our Software Assurance customers can always downgrade to any previous version of Windows."
    Microsoft hasn't detailed exactly how downgrade rights will work with Windows 7 - for now we know that Windows 7 will be downgradable to either Windows Vista or Windows XP - the rest of the details remain unclear.

Source: Betanews

malware, Sep 5, 2019
  4. Issue downgrading to windows 7

Windows 10 to windows 7 downgrade

No; it isn't possible the way you want to do it.

Downgrade Rights from 10 Pro to 7 Pro has to follow a certain path, with the first part being how you purchase Windows 10
    Pro.

You would have to buy 10 Pro preinstalled and make arrangements with the OEM manufacturer for a downgrade to 7 Pro.

Here is the information about Downgrade rights. It is an old Microsoft link which they removed but the information still apples>

Device Partner Center

Downgrade rights for Windows software
    The following OEM versions of Windows software are eligible for downgrade rights.

[table][tr][td]Windows 10 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 8.1 Pro
    • Windows 7 Professional
    [/td][td]Windows 8.1 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 7 Professional
    • Windows Vista Business
    [/td][td]Windows 7 Professional and Windows 7 Ultimate include downgrade rights to:
    • Windows Vista Business and Windows Vista Ultimate
    • Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Tablet PC Edition, or Windows XP x64 Edition
    Note Other OEM Windows 7 versions (for example, Windows 7 Home Basic and Windows 7 Home Premium) do not include downgrade rights.[/td][/tr][/table]

Note downgrade rights are only available as long as Microsoft provides support for that earlier version,
    as outlined in the
    Windows lifecycle fact sheet

Steps for an end user to downgrade Windows software
    To downgrade eligible Windows software, end users must:

• Purchase a PC preinstalled with Windows software.
    • Accept the Microsoft Software License Terms.
    • Perform the downgrade process to the eligible downgrade product using the media/key from a genuine, previously licensed OEM or retail product.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Bill Smithers, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

Issue downgrading to windows 7

1. Issue downgrading to windows 7 - Similar Threads - Issue downgrading

2. I have issues after downgrading my laptop from windows 11 to 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have issues after downgrading my laptop from windows 11 to 10: I went back to windows 10,Icons for apps work perfectly fine, but icons like start, notification, wifi, volume, battery etc doesn't work keyboard icon worksI don't get any error codes or messages...
  3. I have issues after downgrading my laptop from windows 11 to 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have issues after downgrading my laptop from windows 11 to 10: I went back to windows 10,Icons for apps work perfectly fine, but icons like start, notification, wifi, volume, battery etc doesn't work keyboard icon worksI don't get any error codes or messages...
  4. Downgraded from Windows 11 to Windows 10 and getting issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downgraded from Windows 11 to Windows 10 and getting issues: So I recently downgraded from Windows 11 to Windows 10. I did it at night and then noticed After a couple of minutes of a black screen saying “Restoring your previous version of Windows” it goes to this blue screen saying “Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart”...
  5. Downgraded from Windows 11 to Windows 10 and getting issues

Downgraded from Windows 11 to Windows 10 and getting issues: So I recently downgraded from Windows 11 to Windows 10. I did it at night and then noticed After a couple of minutes of a black screen saying “Restoring your previous version of Windows” it goes to this blue screen saying “Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart”...
  6. Downgrade from Window 11 to Window 10 License Issue

Downgrade from Window 11 to Window 10 License Issue: Hi ,I needed to ask my laptop came with Windows 11 Home edition it was upgraded to Windows 11 Professional but currently i am willing to clean install of windows 10 due to performance issues will the Windows 11 Professional stay intact or i may need a new license for...
  7. Downgrade from Window 11 to Window 10 License Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downgrade from Window 11 to Window 10 License Issue: Hi ,I needed to ask my laptop came with Windows 11 Home edition it was upgraded to Windows 11 Professional but currently i am willing to clean install of windows 10 due to performance issues will the Windows 11 Professional stay intact or i may need a new license for...
  8. downgraded issues from windows 11 to 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    downgraded issues from windows 11 to 10: i have been using windows 11 from the update released few days back i had issues in Alt key so i contacted the support which they say to downgrade from windows 11 to 10 and the issue got resolved but i need windows 11 again but it doesn't showing update what can i do to get...
  9. downgraded issues from windows 11 to 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    downgraded issues from windows 11 to 10: i have been using windows 11 from the update released few days back i had issues in Alt key so i contacted the support which they say to downgrade from windows 11 to 10 and the issue got resolved but i need windows 11 again but it doesn't showing update what can i do to get...
  10. downgraded issues from windows 11 to 10