Windows 10: Issue downloading games onto 2tb external hard drive.

Discus and support Issue downloading games onto 2tb external hard drive. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I recently got a 2tb external hard drive for my pc, yet everytime I attempt to download a game onto it, a “file corruption” ocurrs. The game will... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by TwitchTooHard, Mar 14, 2021.

1. Issue downloading games onto 2tb external hard drive.

I recently got a 2tb external hard drive for my pc, yet everytime I attempt to download a game onto it, a “file corruption” ocurrs. The game will partially download, then stop, and windows suggest scanning the drive for file corruptions, so I do so, then I run the windows fix on the drive, but everytime I do so, a new window opens that says the drive is free from corruption and ready to use. Yet when I attempt again to download a game, I encounter the same issue. I have tried reformatting the drive, restarting my pc, and a variety of other things, but nothing seems to do the trick.

:)

TwitchTooHard, Mar 14, 2021
  2. twynog Win User

External hard drive not recognised

Thanks for this. I've done what you suggested and been through all the steps mentioned in the article. The hard drive works fine on a Mac computer, and I've managed to copy the information on it. It must be a Surface issue so I'll try to get a chat line tomorrow.

twynog, Mar 14, 2021
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Mar 14, 2021
  4. Issue downloading games onto 2tb external hard drive.

Seagate External Hard Drive

Hi Barbara,

Hardware failure or corruption within your system files are some of the possible reasons why you are experiencing an issue with accessing your external hard drive. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows 10?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue when you are trying to access the external hard drive using another PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest running the automated troubleshooter for hardware. Follow these steps to do so:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Using the search box at the upper right corner of the window, type troubleshooting.
    • From the search results, click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound and then choose Hardware and Devices.
    • Once done, restart your computer and then check if the same issue persists.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Mar 14, 2021
Thema:

Issue downloading games onto 2tb external hard drive.

1. Issue downloading games onto 2tb external hard drive. - Similar Threads - Issue downloading games

2. Windows 11 compatibility with standard 2TB external hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 compatibility with standard 2TB external hard drive: I recently purchased an new HP Envy laptop Ryzen 7 processor and plan to upgrade to Windows 11. Are my existing external hard drive storage devices used with Windows 10 compatible with Windows 11? Thank you....
  3. Windows 11 compatibility with standard 2TB external hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 compatibility with standard 2TB external hard drive: I recently purchased an new HP Envy laptop Ryzen 7 processor and plan to upgrade to Windows 11. Are my existing external hard drive storage devices used with Windows 10 compatible with Windows 11? Thank you....
  4. Can't download onto hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't download onto hard drive: [IMG]The space on my computer itself is nearly full, at 1.74 free of 56.9 GB. I bought a hard drive that has 298GB and absolutely nothing on it but I can't download anything to it. I don't get an option to make what I'm downloading go to the drive instead of my computer and I...
  5. downloading to an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    downloading to an external hard drive: I recently bought an external hard drive for my hp labtop that connects with a usb cable. I think it has been recognized but I cant seem to look at the storage on it when I go to settings and storage it doesnt show up. Im just trying to download world of warcraft to a file on...
  6. Issue with external hard drive

Issue with external hard drive: I have 2 external hard drives, my PC went to sleep and when I turned it back on it tried to boot from one of my external hard drives, my PC would not boot until I disconnected that hard drive and when my PC was turned on and my hard drive reconnected, it would not appear...
  7. 2tb external hard drive issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    2tb external hard drive issues: i inadvertently copied the complete hard drive, including bootable. from an old desktop i was getting rid of. now, I am unable to use the hard drive. I have used DBAN. I have used every method i can find on line. Diskpart. CMD prompt. Windows file explorer, you name it. I am...
  8. Moving photos onto external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving photos onto external hard drive: Hello! I need help. I have a phone full of photos. I want to get them onto an external hard drive and I’m having a tough time. Any help would be appreciated. The phone is a Samsung Galaxy S7. The laptop is a Lenovo so Desktop/IBM. The external HD is a KESU with FAT-32. I...
  9. Seagate 2tb external drive

Seagate 2tb external drive: Bought a new usb cord since it kept randomly disconnecting the drive. It shows up in device management and on disk drives yet it says it cant initialize and wont show how much memory has been used or is available in volumes I dont know what to do...
  10. External Hard Drive Issue.

External Hard Drive Issue.: Hi, I have version 10130 which I installed as an ISO file via my dvd drive,this was after Windows update failed on several occassions to upgrade it from 10074. The problem that I have is that my Seagate 750gb External Hard Drive is not accessible to use for backups etc,the...