Windows 10: Issue dragging from one monitor to another

Discus and support Issue dragging from one monitor to another in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am using the latest version of Windows 10 with the latest version of Chrome as my browser. This is an issue that only started today or at least I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RAddison, Mar 12, 2021.

1. RAddison Win User

Issue dragging from one monitor to another

I am using the latest version of Windows 10 with the latest version of Chrome as my browser.

This is an issue that only started today or at least I only noticed it today. I can drag google chrome tabs from one monitor to another but certain other things I can not. For instance: using the Rock Auto website on monitor 1, if I click an image to enlarge and try and drag that image over to monitor 2, the image disappears and I can only see the cursor on monitor 2. I can drag it back if I continue to hold the mouse down. If I drag the entire tab over to monitor 2, I can enlarge the image on that monitor but can not drag that image over to monitor 1. I can again only see the cursor.

I am assuming it has something to do with the popup window of that website as others seem to work just fine. This issue was not occurring last week. Chrome was update some time this week as well.

:)

RAddison, Mar 12, 2021
  2. Rose Ter Win User

How can I drag a screen display onto an adjoining satellite monitor?

Hi Stewart,

In order for us to assist you dragging a screen to your satellite monitor, you can follow these steps:

• Move the cursor off each of the four screen edges to see if one of them works.
    • If it does, position the monitors in the Display > Screen Resolution window
      to match the physical placement of the monitors.
    In the event that the previous steps failed to work, you can try these:

• In the display settings just swap the
      Display1 and Display2 Monitors.
    • Drag the Monitor1 display icon and
      drop it on Monitor2 display icon, this would give you the correct alignment of screens.

Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Mar 12, 2021
  3. Unable to access multiple tasks using drag option on dual monitors in Windows 10

Hi Alex,

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system that might have resulted in this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall and update the display driver

Steps to uninstall the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter
      and click on Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Do the same as above steps, right click
      on the Display Adapter and click on Update Driver Software.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

If the issue still persists,

Step 3: I suggest you to remove the external monitor, re-add and check with the status.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of handling the tasks on dual monitors for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 12, 2021
  4. Mithin_EJ Win User

Viewing Emails when dragged from Surface to Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

1. Are you facing issue only on Outlook or when you drag other files and folder as well?
    2. Was there any major change on your system before which you were not facing this issue?
    When a window that is opened in full screen mode is dragged across the screen, the window shrinks and this is a design feature of Windows 10. However, if you drag the window to touch the top border of your monitor, the window will enter into a full
    screen mode.

To get the better clarity of your issue, I suggest you to follow the steps to take the screenshot.

Note: kindly make sure there are no personally identifiable information while you take the screenshot.

I recommend you to follow this article from,
    Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene
    [MVP] dated October 2015, How to include a
    screenshot in your post

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Mithin EJ

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Mithin_EJ, Mar 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Issue dragging from one monitor to another - Similar Threads - Issue dragging monitor

2. Can't drag window from one monitor to another seamlessly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't drag window from one monitor to another seamlessly: I'm using Windows 10 Pro x64 and I have two monitors. I have no problem with respect to their orientation re which is monitor 1 and 2. Moving the mouse from left to right, right to left is correct.My issue is moving a window from one monitor to the other. When I grab the top...
  3. Can't drag window from one monitor to another seamlessly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't drag window from one monitor to another seamlessly: I'm using Windows 10 Pro x64 and I have two monitors. I have no problem with respect to their orientation re which is monitor 1 and 2. Moving the mouse from left to right, right to left is correct.My issue is moving a window from one monitor to the other. When I grab the top...
  4. Can't drag window from one monitor to another seamlessly

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Drag and drop often does not work from one program to another

in Windows 10 Support
    Drag and drop often does not work from one program to another: When I try to drag and drop files to copy, move them to another program or a link from the browser to a file manager to copy the link location and so on it often is not possible (sometimes it works, sometimes it does not, although the programs always are the sames), this sign...
  6. Dragging from monitor to monitor.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dragging from monitor to monitor.: so I have made my ultrawide vertical for coding. but when I drag to my non vertical on my desk I can only drag from wherever the position is in Display settings. is there a way to make it so I can drag from the entire monitor? thanks. submitted by /u/transfrr [link]...
  7. Cannot drag from one screen to another

Cannot drag from one screen to another: Hello, I am using Windows 10 on my laptop and recently tried to connect an Acer monitor for an additional screen using an HDMI cable. 1. Followed online instructions. 2. Acer monitor shows desks with no icons but has an active taskbar. 3. On occasion, the mouse will...
  8. Drag and drop email from one folder to another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drag and drop email from one folder to another: I am trying to move a file from one folder to another personal folder and is not working. When I open up the personal folder the latest emails are a month old. Why can't I move these files and view them?...
  9. Can't disable docking of window dragged from one monitor to another

Can't disable docking of window dragged from one monitor to another: I've already disabled the "Snap" feature in Settings => System => Multi-tasking. This turns off docking *within* a single monitor, but does nothing to disable docking of windows dragged from one monitor to another. EVERY time I drag a window from one monitor to another, it...
  10. dragging messages from one account to another

in Browsers and Email
    dragging messages from one account to another: I have used Windows Live Mail 2012 in Windows 7 for a few years; most of my activity is in two Hotmail/Outlook accounts. One useful feature was the ability to move messages from one account to the other -- I kept all my archived messages under one account, no matter which one...