Windows 10: Issue Had This Morning

Discus and support Issue Had This Morning in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This Morning woke up, got started on computer Then BSOD occured Process Has locked Pages Followed directions from another site on checking system,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AMDMan2016, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Issue Had This Morning

This Morning woke up, got started on computer

Then BSOD occured

Process Has locked Pages

Followed directions from another site on checking system, sfc /scannow ran, dism online cleanup image/restore health, then chkdsk on D drive, and then somehow all the files was gone after that scan

then restored system image from end of July, guess I was running Avast Free then
    ((I know end of July wasn't that far away, so figured I was fine))

So if I choose to run Defender, will I have any issues if I choose to remove Avast Free, then create a new image after that

(((In process of reinstalling somes games currently that wasn't on the image--as bought game after made it last time. then breaking for dinner))

:)

AMDMan2016, Aug 4, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 4, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 4, 2019
  4. Issue Had This Morning

New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

Issue Had This Morning

1. Issue Had This Morning - Similar Threads - Issue Morning

2. Taskbar issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar issue: I run Windows 11. For the last couple of days I have come across an issue where the mouse cursor does not do anything when hovering over icons on the taskbar. Clicking also does nothing. For now, pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL is enough to fix it, however it would be nice to fix...
  3. Taskbar issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar issue: I run Windows 11. For the last couple of days I have come across an issue where the mouse cursor does not do anything when hovering over icons on the taskbar. Clicking also does nothing. For now, pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL is enough to fix it, however it would be nice to fix...
  4. Windows Script Host Persistent Pop-Up Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Script Host Persistent Pop-Up Issue: Dear Support Team,I hope this message finds you well.Recently, I've been encountering a recurring pop-up notification approximately every 10 to 15 minutes. Despite selecting "Ok" each time, the pop-up reappears after a short interval.After conducting thorough searches online,...
  5. Windows Script Host Persistent Pop-Up Issue

Windows Script Host Persistent Pop-Up Issue: Dear Support Team,I hope this message finds you well.Recently, I've been encountering a recurring pop-up notification approximately every 10 to 15 minutes. Despite selecting "Ok" each time, the pop-up reappears after a short interval.After conducting thorough searches online,...
  6. Windows 10 Installation issue due to unable to locate internal drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Installation issue due to unable to locate internal drive.: Hi,My laptop has an issue so I decide to install a new windows 10. However, When I reach the 'Custom: Install Windows Only' stage where I have to allocate the drive here, There's no internal drive found and I couldn't add any drive or size here. Any one has any idea to solve...
  7. Windows 10 Installation issue due to unable to locate internal drive.

Windows 10 Installation issue due to unable to locate internal drive.: Hi,My laptop has an issue so I decide to install a new windows 10. However, When I reach the 'Custom: Install Windows Only' stage where I have to allocate the drive here, There's no internal drive found and I couldn't add any drive or size here. Any one has any idea to solve...
  8. OneDrive Desktop App not allowing Users to login this morning "Anyone else having this issue?"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Desktop App not allowing Users to login this morning "Anyone else having this issue?": Issue: OneDrive desktop app is not allowing any of my Users to login this morning, once credentials are entered it sits on a spinning "Almost Done"OS: Windows 10 22H2Last worked: Friday afternoonSince last worked: Applied March patches Friday night.photo of applied updates...
  9. OneDrive Desktop App not allowing Users to login this morning "Anyone else having this issue?"

OneDrive Desktop App not allowing Users to login this morning "Anyone else having this issue?": Issue: OneDrive desktop app is not allowing any of my Users to login this morning, once credentials are entered it sits on a spinning "Almost Done"OS: Windows 10 22H2Last worked: Friday afternoonSince last worked: Applied March patches Friday night.photo of applied updates...
  10. Windows 10 laptop sleep/restart issues every morning

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 laptop sleep/restart issues every morning: As the title states, I've recently been having issues with my Windows 10 Samsung laptop regarding it sleeping and restarting. Basically, when it's in sleep mode with the lid closed, a green light means it's in sleep mode and fully charged, while a red light would mean it's...