Windows 10: Issue Highlighting and copy Text selection with mouse

Discus and support Issue Highlighting and copy Text selection with mouse in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am running Windows 64 bit on a Lenova Yoga 3. Since the upgrade, I cannot select text. It will highlight, but it won't hold. I am using right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DorothyKaltz, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Issue Highlighting and copy Text selection with mouse

I am running Windows 64 bit on a Lenova Yoga 3. Since the upgrade, I cannot select text. It will highlight, but it won't hold. I am using right click on my mouse. I am also having problems selecting text boxes, likes, etc. Having zero computer skills, it is very frustrating. Do I do nothing, or go poking around and screw up something else?

What is wrong with text select/copy selection. In is in all programs.

***Modified title from: Text selection***

:)

DorothyKaltz, Dec 30, 2018

2. Text highlight not sticking - Post Anniversary Update Issue

Immediately following the Anniversary Update, I have been experiencing issues with text highlighting.

Left click text highlighting rarely 'sticks', or stays highlighted after releasing the left mouse button.

Right click text highlighting doesn't highlight text at all.

I have tried using another mouse (different manufacturer) - same issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or has anyone experienced this issue?

Thanks

P.s. I've tried some basic troubleshooting such as searching for updated drivers, restarting system, using another mouse (as mentioned)

rowlands111, Dec 30, 2018
  3. automatically copy selected text

With the Mouse? Yes. You put your mouse at the beginning of the text you wish to copy...hold down the left mouse button until you have all text highlighted

RIGHT click anywhere in the blue highlighted area select copy then move to anywhere you want text right click again and select paste or just type crtl + v

Issue Highlighting and copy Text selection with mouse 15801187-748a-4424-b4b7-52cc62ea4af4?upload=true.png

And there you are:

This has been Windows 101:

With the Mouse? Yes. You put your mouse at the beginning of the text you wish to copy...hold down the left mouse button until you have all text highlighted

RIGHT click anywhere in the blue highlighted area select copy then move to anywhere you want text right click again and select paste or just type
    crtl + v

janeythegeek, Dec 30, 2018
  4. Issue Highlighting and copy Text selection with mouse

Mouse Selection Behavior

Hi, Jonathans_429,

Questions: When you copy text, is your cursor in the highlighted area?

When you paste text, is it not appearing in the other tab area?

If the cursor is not in the highlighted area when you copy, it will resort to non-highlighted text.

Right click on Start > Select Device Manager

Right click on Mouse Driver > Select Uninstall

Reboot the computer and Windows will reload the driver.

If the issue persists, run Windows Update > Scan for Updates

You might also check the computer manufacturer's site for an updated driver.

Smittychat., Dec 30, 2018
Thema:

Issue Highlighting and copy Text selection with mouse

1. Issue Highlighting and copy Text selection with mouse - Similar Threads - Issue Highlighting copy

2. Mouse not selecting text properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse not selecting text properly: When editing documents, I need to select and comment on word, sentence, fragment, paragraph, make format changes fonts, indentation etc. copy between documents but my mouse looses selection, so I have to work around with keyboard selection. After I select text with keyboard...
  3. Mouse not selecting text properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse not selecting text properly: When editing documents, I need to select and comment on word, sentence, fragment, paragraph, make format changes fonts, indentation etc. copy between documents but my mouse looses selection, so I have to work around with keyboard selection. After I select text with keyboard...
  4. problems with moving selected text with the mouse. When I want to move the highlighted...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    problems with moving selected text with the mouse. When I want to move the highlighted...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/mem_tv13gachi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/vpy6zq/problems_with_moving_selected_text_with_the_mouse/
  5. Mouse Highlight Overlay issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Highlight Overlay issue: I upgraded to Windows 11 on my Surface tablet and got this image. It's code for the Mouse Highlight Overlay apparently. I decided to restore Windows 10 to hopefully fix it and nope. My install is broken now. Please advise how to fix this....
  6. Mouse Highlight Overlay issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Highlight Overlay issue: I upgraded to Windows 11 on my Surface tablet and got this image. It's code for the Mouse Highlight Overlay apparently. I decided to restore Windows 10 to hopefully fix it and nope. My install is broken now. Please advise how to fix this....
  7. Selecting text with mouse not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Selecting text with mouse not working: dear people ... for the past few weeks i have been having trouble if not almost impossible to select text for "copy&paste" on any document office "365", pdf, even on the web, etc ... it can take more than 4 times before i can be "successful" whether it is word or a sentence...
  8. Mouse not selecting text properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse not selecting text properly: Hi, In the last couple of weeks I have had problems when trying to highlight/select text. Sometimes the text won't highlight at all, sometimes part of the text is highlighted but not the whole section, sometimes a portion of the text that I'm NOT trying to select becomes...
  9. Hover / auto-select / auto-highlight Mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hover / auto-select / auto-highlight Mouse: Can any Microsoft technicians or any Microsoft Community members create an app that will turn off the Mouse Hover / Auto-Select / auto-highlight function in Windows 10, please. The Microsoft technicians should create a trouble-shooting tool to do it. It is clearly evident via...
  10. automatically copy selected text

in Windows 10 Customization
    automatically copy selected text: Hello, I'm wondering if there is a way to automatically copy text selected with the mouse. This works on PowerShell but I would like to use it system wide. This is the way the mouse works in X-windows. Maybe there is a way to script this behavior?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse highlighting issues

2. trouble highlighting text

3. when choosing text with mouse it highlights different area

4. mouse selection issue,
  5. text can not highlighted by mouse for copying in Word,
  6. MOUSE SELECTING TEXT,
  7. trouble selecting text with mouse windows 10,
  8. windows 10 mouse not hilighting text,
  9. windows 10 mouse will not highlight selection,
  10. how to stop windows 10 from highlighting all text when select,
  11. issues highlightiung text in word,