Windows 10: Issue in accessing home wifi network through dell laptop

Discus and support Issue in accessing home wifi network through dell laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, Whenever I connect my Dell Laptop Latitude 5400, Windows 10 Pro to my home WiFi network, the Wifi network automatically shuts down. Sometimes I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Saurabh Khodke, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Issue in accessing home wifi network through dell laptop

Hi,
    Whenever I connect my Dell Laptop Latitude 5400, Windows 10 Pro to my home WiFi network, the Wifi network automatically shuts down. Sometimes I am able to connect my laptop to the WiFi network, it will stay connected for few minutes before it again disconnects. Once the wifi disconnects automatically from my laptop, the other devices mobile, other laptops etc. are also not able to access WiFi. Restarting the router doesn't help as unless I shut down my laptop and again restart the router.

Do let me know if I should share more details to help you resolve my problem.

Thanks

:)

Saurabh Khodke, Mar 21, 2020

2. Problems accessing websites on a wifi network

Using Windows 10 on my Dell laptop, I am unable to access any websites on my work wifi network. I am able to connect to the same wifi network using my phone and tablet and can connect to all websites. Other coworkers can access web sites on their
    laptops on the same wifi network. I am able to access all websites if my laptop is connected to my home wifi and other wifi networks. How do I troubleshoot this issue?

LarryA_873, Mar 21, 2020
  3. karyeowl Win User
    Laptops cannot access desktops via WIFI

I have 3 desktops (all on Windows 10 1803) connected on my LAN. After following this forum for some times and did all the steps as suggested by forum member, access denied, all my desktops are able to view and access one another. I have a printer connected to PC1, and managed to connect all the other 2 PCs to have the shared printer.

I also have 2 more laptops (both Asus with the same Windows 10 1803) connected via WIFI. Performed all the same steps as per the desktops, but I was not able to access PC1. I was able to view all the 3 desktops from the file explorer, but I just can't access all the desktops. However, I was able to access the Asus laptops from desktop PC1.

Anyone able to assist on this matter? Any assistance is highly appreciated.

karyeowl, Mar 21, 2020
  4. Issue in accessing home wifi network through dell laptop

Window 10 wifi issue media disconnected

I have a Dell Laptop Vostro 3555 with a Dell wireless 1701 802.11b/g/n network adapter made by Broadcom. The Device status: this device is working properly. This was a window 7 moved to a window 10. And I am not getting any X's of yellow signs in device manager.

Issue: The WiFi will not turn on. Will not show any access points to connect to.

What I have tried in order to fix the issue:

1. Download new driver from dell
      2. [Function key] + F2
      3. can not do ipconfig /release ../renew because it says Media disconnected
      4. Wireless properties > Power Management > UNCHECK allow computer to turn off device to save power
      5. Tried kb3084164 issue https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3084164

It might just me a bad card? What other steps can I perform to solve the issue before opening up the laptop.

coco minion, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

Issue in accessing home wifi network through dell laptop

1. Issue in accessing home wifi network through dell laptop - Similar Threads - Issue accessing home

2. Home Wifi / Network issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Home Wifi / Network issue: I am finally at my wits end with my network issue. I am forever getting secured, no internet by my home wifi and a constant invalid ip configuration when running troubleshooter. I am tried every method under the sun to fix this but no prevail. My Pc will happily connect to my...
  3. Home Wifi / Network issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Home Wifi / Network issue: I am finally at my wits end with my network issue. I am forever getting secured, no internet by my home wifi and a constant invalid ip configuration when running troubleshooter. I am tried every method under the sun to fix this but no prevail. My Pc will happily connect to my...
  4. Home Wifi / Network issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Can't access microsoft services if not on home wifi network

Can't access microsoft services if not on home wifi network: Hello, I have a strange issue with my tablet laptop. Windows 10 1909 When I'm connected to any wifi network outside home I can't access Microsoft Store, Windows Update, and I can't login to my Microsoft account. Those services load forever without doing anything and they...
  6. Unable to access internet through WiFi from laptop.

Unable to access internet through WiFi from laptop.: Hi friends, I'm facing some issue while trying to connect to my home broadband network through WiFi from my laptop. The connectivity works fine when I connect my smartphone to the same WiFi but I'm unable to access internet through WiFi. When I connect to the network the...
  7. How to access Laptop on home network

How to access Laptop on home network: I can see laptop drives from desktop but get this message. What to do? [img] 140181
  8. Home Networking – Windows cannot access \\Laptop

Home Networking – Windows cannot access \\Laptop: Hi, For several reasons I had to reinstall Windows 10 on my Laptop and I can no longer access my Laptop from any other PCs on my home network. This feature was working well before I reinstalled Windows. When I open File Explorer and click from another PC on any of the PCs...
  9. Wifi issue specific to my laptop and home wifi

Wifi issue specific to my laptop and home wifi: I have issues connecting my Laptop to the Wifi router in my house, however, there are no issues connecting to other routers? You would therefore assume that the issue lies with the router at my house. However, every other device and laptop connects to the router at my house...
  10. Laptop not always accessible in home network

Laptop not always accessible in home network: I have 2 desktops and 1 laptop at home. All 3 are joined in a homegroup, and all network and sharing settings are selected properly. All 3 computers have same windows accounts (passwords), same programs and same internet security. The 3 computers show up in the network...