Windows 10: Issue in Extended display with different resolution

Discus and support Issue in Extended display with different resolution in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am using Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 22H2. I am extending my laptop display of resolution 1080p with another monitor with resolution... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ShikharBhargava, Feb 14, 2023.

1. Issue in Extended display with different resolution

I am using Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 22H2. I am extending my laptop display of resolution 1080p with another monitor with resolution 1440p with extended display set as main display.When the laptop display and the extended display are turned off due to inactivity and are turned on by moving the mouse, all the open windows goes to the laptop display and resize themselves. Now when the extended display which is main display is turned the windows that were originally on the extended display are brought back to this display, but the window are not sized. Due to this issue the wind

:)

ShikharBhargava, Feb 14, 2023

2. Resolution of extended display

When I connect my pc to a full hd resolution (1920 x 1080) tv as extended display, the pc reccommends resolution of hd ready (1366 x 768) and not hd (1920 x 1080).

Also if I manually select the extended display resolution to 1920 x 1080, the texts become smaller and blurred.

This happens with a 32 inch tv I have purchased to use as extended display.

However when same pc is connected to my 50 inch hd tv, the picture is perfect.

For both tvs, I am using display port to hdmi connection.

AmitKumar5467, Feb 14, 2023
  3. no audio on extended display

We would like to know more information from your end to know what is the next possible step that we can offer for you to resolve your issue.

• Were you able to get an audio on your extended display before? Or is this the first time that you will set up an extended display with your computer?
    • Aside from the HDMI cable, have you tried using VGA cable instead to connect to your extended display?
    • Can you verify if you have any audio on your speakers if you are not connected to the extended display?

We look forward to your reply.

Jarius Tol, Feb 14, 2023
  4. netgrab Win User

Issue in Extended display with different resolution

Extended display, cannot select desired resolution issue

Hi.

We are having an issue with extended display.

When we plug in the second monitor, the resolution on the first one reduces from 1920x1080 to 1280x800 - and the option to increase it back to the higher resolution disappears from the drop down menu for that display.

Does anyone have any thoughts on either the cause - or, if possible, a fix??

netgrab, Feb 14, 2023
Thema:

Issue in Extended display with different resolution

1. Issue in Extended display with different resolution - Similar Threads - Issue Extended display

2. Extend Display Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extend Display Issue: Hi! Not sure if anyone is having the same issue as I have been having. Noticed it in the past few weeks that every time I turn on my computer only one monitor shows and I have to go to the display setting to change this. And when I am at the display settings, I cannot extend...
  3. Extend Display Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extend Display Issue: Hi! Not sure if anyone is having the same issue as I have been having. Noticed it in the past few weeks that every time I turn on my computer only one monitor shows and I have to go to the display setting to change this. And when I am at the display settings, I cannot extend...
  4. extended display issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    extended display issues: I have a laptop and using a dock to extend to a 2nd and 3rd monitor. all monitors duplicate fine, but if i choose to extend, monitors 2 and 3 do extend, but they are duplicates of themselves. the computer settings seem to only recognize monitor 2 and 3 as one monitor....
  5. extended display issues

extended display issues: I have a laptop and using a dock to extend to a 2nd and 3rd monitor. all monitors duplicate fine, but if i choose to extend, monitors 2 and 3 do extend, but they are duplicates of themselves. the computer settings seem to only recognize monitor 2 and 3 as one monitor....
  6. extended display issues

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Issue in Extended display with different resolution

Issue in Extended display with different resolution: I am using Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 22H2. I am extending my laptop display of resolution 1080p with another monitor with resolution 1440p with extended display set as main display.When the laptop display and the extended display are turned off due to inactivity...
  8. Display settings - extended desktop - different resolutions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display settings - extended desktop - different resolutions: Hi, I have 2 monitors, a 27" 1080p and 32" 4K monitor. In display settings, extended desktop, the 1080p monitor is showing as 1/4 the size of the 4k monitor, so the edge to move the mouse between displays is tiny.Is there any way to make the 1080p monitor look more...
  9. Display settings - extended desktop - different resolutions

Display settings - extended desktop - different resolutions: Hi, I have 2 monitors, a 27" 1080p and 32" 4K monitor. In display settings, extended desktop, the 1080p monitor is showing as 1/4 the size of the 4k monitor, so the edge to move the mouse between displays is tiny.Is there any way to make the 1080p monitor look more...
  10. Display resolution issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display resolution issues: Hi all At my wits end! I came home yesterday to find my screen resolution had altered presumably during an automatic update or alternatively a power cut. I have a 24 inch monitor which handles a 1920 x 1080 resolution. The maximum showing on the device manager display tab...