Windows 10: issue in May 2019 with a windows update that made my SFR 4G connection stop working

Discus and support issue in May 2019 with a windows update that made my SFR 4G connection stop working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Short story: my microsoft surface pro LTE had a 4G connection that worked for years...but stopped working last may (windows update?) The troubleshoot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pierozucchelli, Jun 22, 2019.

1. issue in May 2019 with a windows update that made my SFR 4G connection stop working

Short story: my microsoft surface pro LTE had a 4G connection that worked for years...but stopped working last may (windows update?)

The troubleshoot indicated to change the PUK, but there is no PUK access....the service provide (SFR, france) suggested me to take the SIM to another device, that obviously worked....but the sim didn't work when back to the PC.

I did two actions, after weeks of attempts, that made it work:

1) i intentionally missed the PIN 3X times, so i could re-enter a PUK

2) the magic command: C:\WINDOWS\system32>netsh winsock reset

SFR was very helpful and constructive: i had no idea on how i could get help from microsoft. I am a happy microsoft user overall, both personally and professionally, but when there is a problem I feel sincerely lost....

anybody else had similar issues? can you confirm that the two magic actions may be the right ones, in case it happens again (i hope not)?

:)

pierozucchelli, Jun 22, 2019
  2. Techtu Win User

Windows update issues

+1

If your wireless router has a built in firewall maybe it's somehow set to block the ports that Windows updates use?

I'd also suggest if it works with it being directly connected then you could try resetting your router to see if this fixes the issue.

That's my 2 cents anyways. *Smile issue in May 2019 with a windows update that made my SFR 4G connection stop working :)

Techtu, Jun 22, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Jun 22, 2019
  4. issue in May 2019 with a windows update that made my SFR 4G connection stop working

Windows update issues

It works, but I still need to fix it so that way I dont have to plug computers directly to the modem to get windows update to work. It was also blocking me from installing directx.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

issue in May 2019 with a windows update that made my SFR 4G connection stop working

1. issue in May 2019 with a windows update that made my SFR 4G connection stop working - Similar Threads - issue May 2019

2. Windows May 2019 update fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows May 2019 update fails: About 3 weeks ago I decided to update my laptop to a newer version of Windows 10, since the 1803 version is nearing end of support. I chose the Windows 10 1809 October because for a month or two I had been trying to update straight to Windows 10 1903 through Windows Update,...
  3. Windows 10 May 19 2019 update stops at 27%

Windows 10 May 19 2019 update stops at 27%: Cannot update to Windows 10 May 19 2019 version 1903 update. Even with the Manual Update, it stalls at 27% and then rolls back to 1803 version. I am using Windows 10 Pro. Have tried every suggestion from Microsoft, including Windows Update Troubleshooter, disabling...
  4. Windows 10 May 2019 Update (1903) Issue

Windows 10 May 2019 Update (1903) Issue: Hey guys! I just have a short question to ask. I have not yet updated to 1903. I check for my updates and get the "Service for 1803 is about to end. Update to 1903." I click download and install now. It goes up to 100, then asks me to insert a drive. I do that and it...
  5. Windows 10 home update on a 4G connection

Windows 10 home update on a 4G connection: Hi, I have a fleet of Windows devices which we use to educate. When I am in training I run my own network over 4G. I have noticed that there are some changes to the update process when we get the next update. These may cause my laptops to update over the 4G network which is...
  6. Taptiles stops working on May 2019 Update Ver 1903 Build 18362.145

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taptiles stops working on May 2019 Update Ver 1903 Build 18362.145: Since applying the May 2019 update, Taptiles has been extremely buggy: It may or may not load; if it does, it will stall and freeze randomly, ultimately crashing. Freezes occur before game play, during ad play, or during game play, always resulting in a frozen game (mouse...
  7. Windows update MAY 2019

Windows update MAY 2019: Hello , I want to know that when 1903 update will be released for India and what will the size of the update. Thanks in advance.........
  8. May 2019 update on windows 10

May 2019 update on windows 10: I did the may 2019 update: next day when I tried to sign on, windows does not recognize my password, opens as if I am a new Microsoft/windows account ( home screen with a window) and all folders/photos (and some apps) missing. I'm asked to set up new account because it says...
  9. Known issues with Windows 10 v1903 May 2019 Update

in Windows 10 News
    Known issues with Windows 10 v1903 May 2019 Update: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft has released Windows 10 v1903, and it comes with an array of new features and functionalities. Microsoft is currently rolling out the update to all the users; however, the rollout is slow. As part of its transparency, Windows comes [...] This post...
  10. May 2019 update

May 2019 update: Hello. I was wondering when the 1903 of windows will be released? How many weeks? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/may-2019-update/e1ff5233-7c1c-4c7f-8fe3-cd9d0089c39c

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does my windows settings didnt ge updated may 2019