Windows 10: Issue in middle of reset, now can't install windows

Discus and support Issue in middle of reset, now can't install windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I tried to do a Windows Reset yesterday on my HP laptop. It went through the first couple of steps and then tried to restart itself but couldn't - a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Michelle9876, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Issue in middle of reset, now can't install windows

I tried to do a Windows Reset yesterday on my HP laptop. It went through the first couple of steps and then tried to restart itself but couldn't - a blank, black screen would just continuously flash on and off.

I went into the UEFI and ran system checks - everything passed.

In System Recovery, I tried "Use another operating system" which gave me three options

• Windows Recovery Environment - this just bring me back to the System Recovery

• Window 10 on volume 3 - tries to restart but gets Blue Screen of Death every time with "Stop code: CRITICAL PROCESS DIED"

• Window 10 on volume 3 - yes, it's there twice. Same result no matter which one i choose.

I'm now trying to install from an image.

I have the windows image put onto a flash drive and also on network storage. But I can’t figure out how to access either from the laptop. I can get onto the “Reimage your computer” screen from System Recovery startup, but it’s not seeing the flash drive and says the network location can’t be found. I suspect the drivers need to be installed but how do I know which ones?

There is no CD-ROM on the laptop. I can connect directly to the external storage via Ethernet cord, but that’s not getting found by the laptop either.

Please help!

:)

Michelle9876, Jan 29, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 29, 2021
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Jan 29, 2021
  4. Issue in middle of reset, now can't install windows

Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Jan 29, 2021
Thema:

Issue in middle of reset, now can't install windows

1. Issue in middle of reset, now can't install windows - Similar Threads - Issue middle reset

2. Attempted a windows reset, now I can't login.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Attempted a windows reset, now I can't login.: I attemped a full reset of windows deleting all my files, however, it stopped at around half way through, displayed an "Undoing Changes" screen and then brought me back to the login page. Now I cannot login or do anything, what do I do?...
  3. i reset windows 10 and now can't sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i reset windows 10 and now can't sign in: i reset windows 10 from cloud storage and now i can't login. it asks for a password and everything i put in is wrong. i made a password wizard disc from my other windows 10 computer but get an error message when using it. i have a picture password screen but when i use it...
  4. Issues with factory reset and windows installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with factory reset and windows installation: Hello, I'm having issues with my Windows PC, I'm trying to factory reset it to then update to Windows 11. But whenever I try Reset this PC, it tells me that it can't reset the pc and no changes have been made. While looking for a fix, I encountered another error, and when...
  5. Issues with factory reset and windows installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with factory reset and windows installation: Hello, I'm having issues with my Windows PC, I'm trying to factory reset it to then update to Windows 11. But whenever I try Reset this PC, it tells me that it can't reset the pc and no changes have been made. While looking for a fix, I encountered another error, and when...
  6. Issues with factory reset and windows installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Can't reset or clean install windows

Can't reset or clean install windows: My dad's laptop has been having a lot of issues lately so I decided to reset it. But every time I try it stops with a "couldn't reset this PC" error. I've tried everything from system file checking to other CMD fixes but it still ended the same way. So I to install windows...
  8. Reset this PC got stuck in the middle

Reset this PC got stuck in the middle: I have downloaded & installed drivers from web. And restarted my laptop. Since Restating takes several hours. I decided to reset my PC in recovery options. It has been nearly 4 hours still window is showing "preparing " screen. So done force restart...now system is...
  9. Resetting my Windows installed Windows 10 Pro, now I can't activate

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Resetting my Windows installed Windows 10 Pro, now I can't activate: I reset my PC through the Recovery options in Windows settings yesterday. Everything seemed to go well, however, when my PC restarted it upgraded to Windows 10 Pro when I previously had Windows 10 Home Now I can't activate Windows and my PC is claiming my Windows 10...
  10. install issue is now a booting issue

install issue is now a booting issue: I’m having a terrible issue where my pc stopped loading after a windows 10 update. Now when turn my PC on, it shuts off after it reads the HD. I was able to clear it off and install 8.1 but when I got to install windows 10, it does the same thing and shuts off and tries to...