Windows 10: Issue in opening Program in wrong version.

Discus and support Issue in opening Program in wrong version. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; ho2.exe is a c# program I wrote (VS 2017 Community), at the moment installed in version 1.6 . Months ago, when it was version 1.1, I associated the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Hornebom, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Hornebom Win User

Issue in opening Program in wrong version.

ho2.exe is a c# program I wrote (VS 2017 Community), at the moment installed in version 1.6 . Months ago, when it was version 1.1, I associated the extension .ho2pro with this program. Now, when I double click a file *.ho2pro, ho2.exe starts, but with the old version 1.1 . Installed program is only the new version, dont know where he gets the old one. I tried several times in several ways to change the association, but without success. The system offers only a generic ho2.exe as default app. What can I do?

***Modified Title from: default app wrong version***

:)

Hornebom, Mar 15, 2019
  2. dark2099 Win User

Catalyst reporting wrong version fix

I think there was a similar issue that was never reported with the 12.2s, cause IIRC, when I opened CCC with those, it reported the package version as 12.3. Honestly, if the actual driver version rather than package version is listed correctly, then I wouldn't worry too much about it.

dark2099, Mar 15, 2019
  3. D007 Win User
    Catalyst reporting wrong version fix

Just thought I'd make a topic for this, as it seems, a few people, have this issue.

This an official response from AMD support.

Most people so far have been reporting that Catalyst 12.4 is installed, but continues to show as 12.3 Suite in the CCC software. It's a known issue, but the drivers are installed correctly.

After installing 12.4, compare the DRIVER version to the version listed on the release notes for 12.4. You can also check the driver version in Device Manager for that video card. If it is installed, it should list the version correctly.

Try these uninstall steps first, however:

1. Download the WICU.
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/Securit...-Utility.shtml

2. Uninstall everything related to ATI/AMD and reboot through programs and features in the Control Panel (programs and features).
    Use DriverSweeper (freeware) to remove any remnants of AMD (check the "AMD Display" box) (_Please visit us at treexy.com).

3. Launch WICU and delete anything related to ATI/AMD/CCC.

4. Delete all ATI/AMD folders in "C:\Program Files" and "C:\Program Files (x86)".

5. Boot into safemode and navigate to the "C:\Windows\Assembly" folder and delete any assemblies which have the public token key "90ba9c70f846762e". It is possible that you won't find any, but check it.

6. Reboot.

7. Install the Catalyst package again. It should work now.

*Toast :toast:

4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Issue in opening Program in wrong version. - Similar Threads - Issue opening Program

2. Wrong Version . . .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong Version . . .: I've been trying to download, Windows 10 home version. But whenever I do it it's the pro version!I don't know, if I'm not licensed for it? But all I know, after installing pro. It says, "Activate" Windows!I want to put, the installation media. On my USB drive.So please give...
  3. Wrong Version . . .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong Version . . .: I've been trying to download, Windows 10 home version. But whenever I do it it's the pro version!I don't know, if I'm not licensed for it? But all I know, after installing pro. It says, "Activate" Windows!I want to put, the installation media. On my USB drive.So please give...
  4. Wrong Version . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 Opening Multiple MP3 in wrong program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Opening Multiple MP3 in wrong program: I have the .mp3 file extension associate with WinAmp. I have a folder with 28 MP3 files in it. If I double-click and/or select a single MP3 file and hit enter, the file opens in WinAmp as expected, always. If I select all 28 mp3 files in the directory and press enter,...
  6. .jar file is opened with the wrong program?

.jar file is opened with the wrong program?: Hey, I wanted to get Minecraft Mods, which are .jar files. But at some point I clicked on "Open with" and now the files open with the Explorer! But I need the normal .jar files. Does anyone know how to reset the default opening of files? LG .jar Datei wird mit falschem...
  7. Open programs moving to wrong monitor

Open programs moving to wrong monitor: I have three monitors plus my home theatre plugged into my computer. When I go to work I switch off monitors one and three, the home theatre is plugged in constantly and monitor two displays my security cameras. What's annoying is that lately not sure what update this started...
  8. Webcam in start, opens wrong program

Webcam in start, opens wrong program: when i click on the webcam in start list, it opens maps, is there a way to change the program to, open my webcam, I have looked everywhere. please help, i just need it to open my webcam !!!...
  9. keyboard opens wrong programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    keyboard opens wrong programs: My Asus ROG Maximus PC ( Asus ROG Claymore keyboard ) started to work incorrectly because when I try to type using the keyboard it opens different programs instead of typing. I scanned my computer because I thought the issue is caused by malware or virus. However the virus...
  10. Windows 10 opens DVDs with wrong program

Windows 10 opens DVDs with wrong program: VLC is set to be the default player in the settings for every format. When I insert a DVD into the drive, it autostarts with VLC, no problem there. However, when I double-click on DVDs in the file explorer, they open with Cyberlink PowerDVD instead. There's also no option to...