Windows 10: Issue in regard to the Windows 10 Version 1809 Mail App

Discus and support Issue in regard to the Windows 10 Version 1809 Mail App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Why is it that the Windows 10 Version 1809 Mail App does not open messages in a new window but email messages are displayed alongside the message list?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by graham2014, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Issue in regard to the Windows 10 Version 1809 Mail App

Why is it that the Windows 10 Version 1809 Mail App does not open messages in a new window but email messages are displayed alongside the message list? (I find that most irritating).

That was not the case with previous versions of Windows 10 and messages were displayed in a separate window.

Previously it was only the Mail App in Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 that did not display messages in a separate window and messages only displayed alongside the message list.

Has Microsoft now brought the issue in line with the Windows 8 and 8.1 settings or is there an option in Windows 10 version 1809 settings somewhere that will enable messages to be displayed in a separate window?

There are also other issues that I note in the Windows 10 Version 1809 settings in respect of which I will post again in due course.

All responses will be appreciated.

:)

graham2014, Dec 20, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Issue in regard to the Windows 10 Version 1809 Mail App :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Dec 20, 2018
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Dec 20, 2018
  4. Mel Tar Win User

Issue in regard to the Windows 10 Version 1809 Mail App

Mel Tar, Dec 20, 2018
Thema:

Issue in regard to the Windows 10 Version 1809 Mail App

1. Issue in regard to the Windows 10 Version 1809 Mail App - Similar Threads - Issue regard Version

2. Issue regarding mail app in my laptop win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue regarding mail app in my laptop win10: After a recent reset of windows I can't add my Gmail account to windows 10 Mail appIt's showing something like"error code 0x80070490 we couldn't find your settings "...
  3. Issue regarding mail app in my laptop win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue regarding mail app in my laptop win10: After a recent reset of windows I can't add my Gmail account to windows 10 Mail appIt's showing something like"error code 0x80070490 we couldn't find your settings "...
  4. Regarding Mail App Of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regarding Mail App Of Windows 10: I am recently facing a problem with the Windows Mail App Whenever i try to open it it shows that it is starting for 2 seconds and closes again What to Do ?Any help would be appreciated. It is also Showing error without any reason and my pc is in the best condition:-...
  5. The Issue is regarding Windows 10 Update Version 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The Issue is regarding Windows 10 Update Version 20H2: I'm Facing this Issue After Uninstalling VirtualBox and Refreshing it but Don't Know what to do.Please someone HELP ME regarding this Issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-issue-is-regarding-windows-10-update-version/83e30fd5-b64a-4b20-aba4-9c4cca58979f
  6. Issue regarding Windows 10 versions

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Issue regarding Windows 10 versions: I installed Windows 10 Home on my current system and was running it peacefully when one day , one of my friend out of curiosity or mischief as you can say, ran KMSPico which deactivated my device. Eventually, i got the installation disk which i used to install windows on...
  7. regarding faulty windows 10 MAIL app

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    regarding faulty windows 10 MAIL app: What is wrong with the Windows 10 MAIL app? I'm talking about the one with the little blue envelope logo. I've used it for years with no trouble, but lately it has been malfunctioning: when I type an email and press to SEND it, the email does not go into the SENT box. I...
  8. Nigh light issue Windows 10 1809 version

in Windows 10 Customization
    Nigh light issue Windows 10 1809 version: Hello, my night light doesn't work and also my applications quick access in the Start menu disappear, now shows the applications that comes with a brand new windows. Can you help me with that?...
  9. Windows 10 mail app issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 mail app issue: I use Windows 10 mail app. When I type in the first letter of a respondent name in People, nothing happens until I type it in for the second time and then click on backspace for name to come up. Why?!...
  10. Bugs and issues of Windows 10 version 1809

in Windows 10 News
    Bugs and issues of Windows 10 version 1809: Microsoft released the October 2018 Update for Windows 10, Windows 10 version 1809, on October 2, 2018 to the public. The update is not pushed out automatically through Windows Update but requires that users and administrators install it manually for the time being....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 version 1809 reregister mail app