Windows 10: Issue in repairing system files

Discus and support Issue in repairing system files in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i did a sfc scan and found out that i have some log files corrupted then I did run this command dism /online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealthbut it's now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Anant Awasthi, Sep 21, 2021.

1. Issue in repairing system files

i did a sfc scan and found out that i have some log files corrupted then I did run this command dism /online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealthbut it's now showing me this problem: The source files could not be found. Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=243077. The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.logI did found it answer to write this code: Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:C:\ESD\instal

:)

Anant Awasthi, Sep 21, 2021

2. Unable to create System Repair Disc with some files missing on Windows 10

Hi Duncan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about creating a repair disc on your computer. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message of this issue?
    • How exactly are you trying to create System Repair Disc?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the SFC scan as System File Checker utility in Windows allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a
    Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

Refer: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article about creating a recovery drive and check if it helps.

Create a recovery drive

For more information refer:
    Recovery options in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and with the required information. We will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 21, 2021
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Windows 10 wont boot, repair, reset, or system restore

Hi,

The issue occurs due to an
    unfinished update process which
    corrupted the system files. We suggest that you try these troubleshooting
    methods and run the update again:

Method 1:
    Run SFC Scan.

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.

This will check and run an auto-repair on the issue.

Method 2:
    Run DISM Tool.

After running the
    SFC scan
    and the issue still persist, run the
    DISM
    to check the system health and to try restoring the files. To run
    DISM tool, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

NOTE:
    This might take a while
    to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 21, 2021
  4. Issue in repairing system files

Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Sep 21, 2021
Thema:

Issue in repairing system files

1. Issue in repairing system files - Similar Threads - Issue repairing system

2. System Repair Disc Issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Repair Disc Issue.: Trying to use a new 700mb R CD to make System Repair Disc. Error message says disc lacks enough memory. Repair Disc reported to need only 500-600 mbs? Running Windows 10 on original W 7 system. Have old repair disc made in 2019 on same disc type. Questions 1 Is recovery...
  3. System Repair Disc Issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Repair Disc Issue.: Trying to use a new 700mb R CD to make System Repair Disc. Error message says disc lacks enough memory. Repair Disc reported to need only 500-600 mbs? Running Windows 10 on original W 7 system. Have old repair disc made in 2019 on same disc type. Questions 1 Is recovery...
  4. System Repair Disc Issue.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Repair corrupted and missing system files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Repair corrupted and missing system files.: 1st method try performing sfc 1. Open start menu 2. Type cmd 3. Run cmd as aministrator 4. Type sfc /scannow 2nd method dism In cmd type dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth...
  6. System Repair

System Repair: After booting from my System Repair disk, I get a blue screen with a "Machine Check Exception". I created new System repair disk ... same problem. Computer boots fine from hard drive. I have performed this procedure countless times in the past because I do a weekly system...
  7. System File Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System File Issue: Hey. Can someone tell me the path for the file 'igd10iumd64.dll' is? I know it's a System32 file, I can elaborate on the issue if needed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-file-issue/d13dd382-38d1-42ad-8cb0-376b4f96ce7b"
  8. Dism is unable to repair system files

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Dism is unable to repair system files: I have a Kodlix mini computer with Windows 10 Pro purchased in mid February of 2019. It came with version 1803 installed. A few days after it arrived, Windows update installed version 1809. I recently noticed that the March and April cumulative updates failed to install,...
  9. system repair

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    system repair: how to create a system repair disk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-repair/7eea958b-031e-45ae-9b5d-018c2f3f7a71
  10. How to repair corrupted system files

How to repair corrupted system files: This will be a bit long because I intend to cover everything. I am currently running Windows 10 x64 1803 build 17134.228. I recently notice that my backup program was failing to back up 4 files, all lsyste dlls, giving the error "Unknown windows error". After a couple of...