Windows 10: Issue installing iTunes

Discus and support Issue installing iTunes in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Windows PC updated today and I have been unable to open iTunes since. So I uninstalled iTunes and attempted to reinstall, I have had a variey of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mumrules, May 16, 2020.

1. mumrules Win User

Issue installing iTunes

My Windows PC updated today and I have been unable to open iTunes since. So I uninstalled iTunes and attempted to reinstall, I have had a variey of error messages and I have searched them all, some of the suggestions were too scary for me to attempt.

I have using the Microsoft Program install and uninstall program removed everything relating to iTunes. I followed the advice from posts on Apple and the last one on Microsoft where the advice was to delete all apple, iTunes, Bonjour etc files and folders.

I have finally managed to download iTunes but now when I try to install the error message is There is a problem with this windows installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.

One suggestion was to run the Apple Software updater - this gives the error message that it is only valid for products that are currently installed.

The next thing I tried was the suggestion that I install QuickTime Player - this I have done but iTunes will still not install.

When I initially tried to download iTunes it was trying to make me download via the Microsoft Store but when I clicked "get" a dialogue box opened and I had two choices open link or cancel - when I select to open link nothing happens.

I am beyond being frustrated and I do not know what else to try to resolve this.

Thanks

:)

mumrules, May 16, 2020
  2. Ramon Imp Win User

iTunes installation + Other installation that have occured

It seems that there's a problem with that particular link. Anyhow, here are some steps that you can try and see if it resolves the issue:

• Disable your third-party antivirus.
    • Install iTunes as administrator.
    • Update your Windows.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Visit Apple forums to check for suggestions.

Update us with the results of these steps.

Ramon Imp, May 16, 2020
  3. Cannot install iTunes

Hello,

What version of Windows are you using?

Did you follow the steps for uninstalling iTunes? If not, do so now.

Right click on Start > Select Control Panel > Uninstall Programs

Uninstall all of these applications

• iTunes Software
    • Quicktime
    • Apple Software Update
    • Apple Mobile Support
    • Bonjour (especially Bonjour, the most problematic and most difficult component to remove properly! )
    • Apple Application Support (iTunes 9 or later)
    • iPhone (if you have it loaded)
    • and anything else related to iTunes — that’s the tough part where you need to be very careful
    iTunes should be uninstalled in this process of elimination. Reboot the computer.

To install iTunes, follow these steps.

Step one - download the icloud control panel (do not install yet)

Step two - Run the installer as an administrator by right clicking the installer and running as administrator

Step three - after the install finishes, DO NOT reboot

Step four - run the apple software update program and install iTunes from there.

Step five - Reboot, and enjoy

Smittychat., May 16, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

Issue installing iTunes

cant install itunes on windows 10

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Let me try and assist you with the issue you are experiencing.

1. Are you able to install other third-party program on Windows 10 machine?

2. Which version of iTunes are you trying to install?

3. What are the troubleshooting steps that you have already tried?

Follow these steps:

• Un-installing all Apple related components through the 'Uninstall or change a program' utility in the Windows control panel.
    • Removing remnants from the 'Program Files' folder.
    • Clearing out the temporary folders.
    • Restarting the computer and reinstalling.

If you are still facing issues installing iTunes on Windows 10, kindly post your query on the Apple iTunes support forum.

https://discussions.apple.com/community/iTunes

Let us know if it helps.

Arul_D, May 16, 2020
Thema:

Issue installing iTunes

1. Issue installing iTunes - Similar Threads - Issue installing iTunes

2. iTunes issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    iTunes issues: I have uninstalled iTunes several times and re-installed, but when I try to open it, I keep getting a box thast says the previous version of iTunes needs to be uninstalled. It tries to uninstall it but never completes....
  3. iTunes issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    iTunes issues: I have uninstalled iTunes several times and re-installed, but when I try to open it, I keep getting a box thast says the previous version of iTunes needs to be uninstalled. It tries to uninstall it but never completes....
  4. iTunes issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. iTunes issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    iTunes issue: iTune stays only on the Taskbar. When I click on the icon, it opens the song list in a minimum view so it is even impossible for me to select the track. Everything worked fine a few days ago. I cannot figure out what caused this issue. Thank you in advance...
  6. Install ITUNES

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install ITUNES: I can not download itunes on my windows 10. Where do you want to install? It looks like you don’t have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with your Microsoft account. This is the message I had. What does it mean....
  7. itunes install

itunes install: I just got a new laptop running windows 10 and can't get iTunes to install. Has anyone encountered this before? Thanks, Dean https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/itunes-install/1b1cc32a-eb1b-4853-b0e0-da9a8634d037
  8. Itunes installation/launch issue

Itunes installation/launch issue: Hi, I have a new laptop on Windows 10 and am trying to install itunes from the store. When it does install (which having tried to uninstall and reinstall) without an error, the app will not launch. I have tried opening it in safe mode or opening as administrator and...
  9. Itunes not installing.

Itunes not installing.: itunes is not installing, uninstalling and reinstalling. A pop-up comes where the file *.msi is not located along with it's path. earlier wi-fi syncing on my apple devices wasn't fuctiong correctly, too.. I have a windows 10 pro 32-bit(free installed) OS on my lenovo laptop....
  10. itunes will not install

itunes will not install: [img] [img] [img] [img] Hi everyone trying to install iTunes, keep getting these error messages, can anyone please help. Regards 60894