Windows 10: Issue installing Ububtu - error code 0x80370102

Discus and support Issue installing Ububtu - error code 0x80370102 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I can't install Ubuntu on my Surface Pro 6 running on Windows 11. I get the error core 0x80370102. I've tried following the steps on the Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Camila Faccini de Lima, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Issue installing Ububtu - error code 0x80370102

I can't install Ubuntu on my Surface Pro 6 running on Windows 11. I get the error core 0x80370102. I've tried following the steps on the Microsoft website but nothing is working!

:)

Camila Faccini de Lima, Jan 14, 2022
  2. meloneum Win User

BIOS error codes

So I have motherboard with installed small LED screen, which presents BIOS error codes.

Where can I find a list of those errors. And I don't mean beep codes, but the "number" codes.

Ex after installing sound card, the motherboard startup fails with the code 15.

Example picture of code is here.

meloneum, Jan 14, 2022
  3. Resolving WslRegisterDistribution error 0x80370102 when installing Linux Distro for WSL 2?

# Encountering WslRegisterDistribution error 0x80370102 when installing Linux Distro for WSL 2

I am currently on the `Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview build 18922.rs_prerelease`, and am trying to install a Linux distribution to access via Windows Subsystem for Linux (2). I have tried this for both the Ubuntu and Debian distros and have encountered the
    same error in each.

I have successfully downloaded both distros from the Microsoft store, but when I try to first "run" the Ubuntu or Debian "app" the respective console comes up and prints the following text:

Code:
    Installing, this may take a few minutes...

WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80370102

Error: 0x80370102 The virtual machine could not be started because a required feature is not installed.

Press any key to continue...
    Pressing a key at this point automatically exits the console.
    ---

## Additional information:

- Using the `wsl -l` command shows no installed distros.

- I do have Hypervisor installed and running `bcdedit` does show that `hypervisorlaunchtype` is set to `Auto` in the `Windows Boot Loader` section.

- I did previously have Ubuntu installed and working under WSL 1 before switching to the Windows Insider Program Fast Ring and gaining access to WSL 2, but I was encountering another issue when trying to have it use WSL 2. After
    trying to use the command `wsl --set-version Ubuntu 2` I was met with a request to "Enable the Virtual Machine Platform". I had already run `Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName VirtualMachinePlatform` prior, according to the official microsoft
    tutorial here Install WSL, but for good measure I did it again and got the same error, and Ubuntu was still on version 1 (I haven't explicitly mentioned it but I was restarting/shutting down when requested/suggested
    by windows and tutorials, so I don't believe me not restarting is a cause). In hopes to find a workaround, I ended up uninstalling Ubuntu and hoping I could reinstall it and have it obey the default defined by the `wsl --set-default-version 2` command (suffice
    it to say, this did not go as I'd hoped).

- This might be an unrelated issue, but when I initially attempted reinstalling Ubuntu, the Microsoft store had a bit of a fit and could not complete the download- encountering an 'unknown error'. I did a restart, tried again, and
    got the same error, but then after telling it to 'try again' it succeeded. I had no such issues installing Debian from the store.

---

## Suggestions Welcome

I've searched for a bit and can't find mention of this error code in particular anywhere else.

In addition, is there anywhere I can look up/access these error codes in any sort of documentation? Ideally so I can make a better informed work-around attempt before bothering you all on here.

All help is appreciated!

SamuelLudwig, Jan 14, 2022
  4. Sas. B. Win User

Issue installing Ububtu - error code 0x80370102

WslRegisterDistribution error 0x80370102

I am trying to install Ubuntu 20.04 LTS on my PC, but it fails with an error message.

Code:
    Installing, this may take a few minutes...WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80370102Error: 0x80370102 Der virtuelle Computer konnte nicht gestartet werden, da ein erforderliches Feature nicht installiert ist.

Press any key to continue...
    My laptop is an Acer E5-551G, running Windows Home version is 2004, build 19041.329. Virtualization is supported and enabled (though no special menu in the BIOS), Hyper-V is enabled and started.

Issue installing Ububtu - error code  0x80370102 feb8d3f7-c74a-49f5-8080-674f4ed834b4?upload=true.png

The task manager also says that Virtualization is activated:

Issue installing Ububtu - error code  0x80370102 d8b4ca82-db3e-482e-9f2a-401ed187de5d?upload=true.png

I have installed and activated WSL2 and installed the kernel update (https://aka.ms/wsl2kernel). WSL default version is set to 2.

What could be the reason for this error? I haven't found a resource explaining the error code in more detail.

Thank you in advance for any pointers.

Cheers,

Sascha

Sas. B., Jan 14, 2022
Thema:

Issue installing Ububtu - error code 0x80370102

1. Issue installing Ububtu - error code 0x80370102 - Similar Threads - Issue installing Ububtu

2. WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80370102

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80370102: WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80370102 Please enable the Virtual Machine Platform Windows feature and ensure virtualization is enabled in the BIOS.I have checked my system info, and my hyper V is onHyper-V Requirements: VM Monitor Mode Extensions: Yes...
  3. WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80370102

WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80370102: I'm getting this error in kali linux but im able to use ubuntu 18 in wsl please let me is this issue is from kali or windows and i also i need to fix this please help me...
  4. WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80370102

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80370102: So I have tried all the solutions from this post: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wslregisterdistribution-failed-with-error/5fdd8aa6-175e-4a14-8fe6-07673133fd15I have Hyper-V enabled, Virtual Machine Plateform enabled, and Virtualizationin my case, Intel...
  5. WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80370102

WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80370102: So I have tried all the solutions from this post: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wslregisterdistribution-failed-with-error/5fdd8aa6-175e-4a14-8fe6-07673133fd15I have Hyper-V enabled, Virtual Machine Plateform enabled, and Virtualizationin my case, Intel...
  6. WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80370102

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80370102: Upon the upgrade from WSL 1 to WSL 2, the requirement to have the Hyper-V feature enabled created a conflict with VirtualBox that brought VirtualBox VMs to a crawl. Because I needed VirtualBox, I was forced to disable Hyper-V and so lose access to WSL 2. Eventually,...
  7. WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80370102

WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80370102: Upon the upgrade from WSL 1 to WSL 2, the requirement to have the Hyper-V feature enabled created a conflict with VirtualBox that brought VirtualBox VMs to a crawl. Because I needed VirtualBox, I was forced to disable Hyper-V and so lose access to WSL 2. Eventually,...
  8. Windows Subsystem for Linux cannot run with error code:0x80370102

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Subsystem for Linux cannot run with error code:0x80370102: When I download Linux subsystem like Ubuntu,I cannot install it successfully.Error code:0x80370102.Follow the Microsoft support document ,I opened Virtual Machine Platform,hypervisorlaunchtype,Hyper-V ,Virtualization and WSL.But it seems that it is still there.I cannot update...
  9. Windows Subsystem for Linux cannot run with error code:0x80370102

Windows Subsystem for Linux cannot run with error code:0x80370102: When I download Linux subsystem like Ubuntu,I cannot install it successfully.Error code:0x80370102.Follow the Microsoft support document ,I opened Virtual Machine Platform,hypervisorlaunchtype,Hyper-V ,Virtualization and WSL.But it seems that it is still there.I cannot update...
  10. Issue installing Ububtu - error code 0x80370102

Issue installing Ububtu - error code 0x80370102: I can't install Ubuntu on my Surface Pro 6 running on Windows 11. I get the error core 0x80370102. I've tried following the steps on the Microsoft website but nothing is working!...