Windows 10: Issue Mirroring Display from Laptop to TV

Discus and support Issue Mirroring Display from Laptop to TV in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Dell laptop that was running Windows 7 yesterday. I connected the laptop to my TV using an HDMI cable and everything that appeared on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RichardFelts, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Issue Mirroring Display from Laptop to TV

I have a Dell laptop that was running Windows 7 yesterday. I connected the laptop to my TV using an HDMI cable and everything that appeared on the laptop display also appeared on the TV. Control remained with the laptop. Unfortunately, when I called up a streaming news channel on the laptop and tried to display it on the TV, there was audio but no video. After trying various combinations, I realized the laptop, itself, even when fully disconnected from the TV, was unable to display video from the news channel. In other words, it wasn't a problem with the TV or with the HDMI cable, it was a problem with the laptop, likely a software issue.

After much dithering, I decided to upgrade to Windows 10 this morning. I went to the Microsoft website and followed all instructions to download and install Windows 10 on the laptop. After nearly 2 hours, all was well. The laptop started up properly in Windows 10 and I was now able to get both audio and video from the streaming news channel to display properly on the laptop.

I then reconnected the laptop to the TV with the same HDMI cable and got nothing on the TV screen except a message saying there was no signal coming in from the HDMI port I was using. I read a ton of online help articles and eventually updated the drivers for the display adapters in Device Manager. After restarting the laptop and connecting it to the TV, I was able to get a mixture of items on the laptop display and on the TV. For example, the shortcuts icons and task bar appear on the laptop while only the task bar appears on the TV. When I open my browser Chrome, which is up-to-date, the browser window appears on the TV but not on the laptop.

I then discovered the Project screen I could get by pressing the Windows key and P. The Project screen gives me 4 choices for the display options between my laptop and TV. Ideally, I want the Duplicate option, where the same info appears on both displays but I still control everything from the laptop. Unfortunately, when I click this option, I get a much-compressed display on the laptop and nothing on the TV; the TV shows a message saying there is no input. Choosing the Extend option gives me the same image on both the laptop and TV but I can only control things by moving the cursor on the TV; there is no cursor on the laptop.

So, any suggestions would be appreciated. And if I need to provide more or different information, please tell me what that might be. Thanks in advance.

:)

RichardFelts, Mar 21, 2020
  2. gellswor Win User

Project (mirror) Laptop to TV using Roku

Have a new 2 in 1 (HP) running Win 10. Have Roku 3 connected to my TV. I want to mirror my laptop screen to the TV so I can display slideshows (Photoshop, ProShow). I have mirror enabled on ROKU.

When I go into Intel WiDi, I can connect to ROKU and there is a list of folders on my laptop screen. If I select a folder with photos, and double click on a photo, it shows up on my TV. However, this is not mirroring, I cannot run a slideshow and project
    it to the TV, only a single photo at a time and only if I double click on it.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

gellswor, Mar 21, 2020
  3. Laptop screen mirroring with smart TV

Hello

I have Intel I7 and Windows 10 OS based HP Pronotebook. My device support MIRACAST as I pressed "Windows+P" a Project screen pops up to connect a wireless display. My TV name is also displayed but when I connect it with my TV (VU 55" Pixelight series),
    it shows connected for few seconds and than automatically disconnet from Laptop and at TV side it shows "creating connection" for the same duration only. After that TV shows "waiting for the external device to connect". I have followed the process shown on
    your portal for Windows10 and also tried the process of Windows8. But nevet get successfully Mirror our screen.

Kindly suggest us any app for windows10 based Laptop or procedure to get Mirrored it.

Thanks

Sunil

* Moved from Insider

sunil1gupta, Mar 21, 2020
  4. Issue Mirroring Display from Laptop to TV

Mirroring display to Amazon Fire TV Stick

I already saw a similar video. I first turned on display mirroring on my Fire TV stick.

My TV displayed the message waiting for display to mirror (to the TV). Then on my HP laptop, I tried to mirror the display to my Fire TV Stick. but I couldn't do it because my device doesn't support Miracast. Why is that? Does Miracast need hardware support
    to run? Or could my Windows 10 be updated with some optional component to make Miracast work?

Or is there some other way to do this?

ArthuBrown, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

Issue Mirroring Display from Laptop to TV

1. Issue Mirroring Display from Laptop to TV - Similar Threads - Issue Mirroring Display

2. Mirroring To My TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mirroring To My TV: I have a TV that is over twenty years old and I am inquiring to see if it can be used in any way to mirror what I am doing on my Computer and show on the TV.Kenneth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mirroring-to-my-tv/80130a73-47a4-4549-915d-2818d9477aac
  3. Mirroring To My TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mirroring To My TV: I have a TV that is over twenty years old and I am inquiring to see if it can be used in any way to mirror what I am doing on my Computer and show on the TV.Kenneth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mirroring-to-my-tv/80130a73-47a4-4549-915d-2818d9477aac
  4. MIRROR CASTING FROM PC TO ROKU TV

MIRROR CASTING FROM PC TO ROKU TV: My Roku TV is no longer found under WIRELESS DISPLAY but is now found under DEVICES AND PRINTERS/MULTIMEDIA DEVICE and I can't get my laptop with Windows 11 to connect/ mirror cast to it. Please help....
  5. Unable to screen mirror/extend display to Samsung TV

Unable to screen mirror/extend display to Samsung TV: I'm unable to duplicate my screen, extend my display, etc. from my desktop to my Samsung TV since I've upgraded to windows 11. I've done all the setups I've found on windows on how to do it. It still not allow it. All my systems and everything on my tv and computer are...
  6. Unable to screen mirror/extend display to Samsung TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to screen mirror/extend display to Samsung TV: I'm unable to duplicate my screen, extend my display, etc. from my desktop to my Samsung TV since I've upgraded to windows 11. I've done all the setups I've found on windows on how to do it. It still not allow it. All my systems and everything on my tv and computer are...
  7. Mirroring or Casting to TV

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mirroring or Casting to TV: When attempting to mirror to my tv. I keep getting a could not connect notification. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mirroring-or-casting-to-tv/edf5fb69-f405-4dd1-bfaa-17dda8ec8eff
  8. Issues displaying laptop to tv

Issues displaying laptop to tv: When I use GOOGLE CHROME to try to case my laptop to the TV I get a message that the source cannot be detected. How do I troubleshoot the issues? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issues-displaying-laptop-to-tv/9e7f1105-3f3b-4581-a04f-e7ba72ee43c2
  9. Mirror laptop screen to smart TV

Mirror laptop screen to smart TV: I want to connect my laptop and smart TV wirelessly. I followed recommendations and the devices recognize each other but don’t connect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mirror-laptop-screen-to-smart-tv/15a5d2dd-4ac3-4c31-8720-0c8e324365fd
  10. Mirroring laptop screen on TV through windows10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Mirroring laptop screen on TV through windows10: Hi, I have recently switched from windows 7 to windows 10. I am not able to connect my laptop (inspiron e1505) to my old TV (sony) with windows 10. Previously with windows 7, I was able to mirror same laptop screen on same TV (svideo cable). What do I need to do if I want...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop display to tv screen issue