Windows 10: Issue - Momentarily displaying desktop content ahead of lock screen

Discus and support Issue - Momentarily displaying desktop content ahead of lock screen in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Good afternoon, I have recently noticed when I move my computer from my work dock to my home dock I have been seeing my apps displayed on the laptop... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MatthewWeirath, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Issue - Momentarily displaying desktop content ahead of lock screen

Good afternoon,

I have recently noticed when I move my computer from my work dock to my home dock I have been seeing my apps displayed on the laptop screen momentarily before the lock screen comes up. I am mentioning this, as it is a security concern for me. I will admit I haven't had this happen consistently, although it has happened at least 2-3 times recently.

• I am running on Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134.
    • I have a Lenovo T460s
    • At work I have a Lenovo Docking station
      • Connected to 2 24" monitors
      • I keep my laptop closed at work while on the dock
      • I put my computer to sleep when undocking to go hom
    • At home I have a Dell USB Docking Station
      • Connected to 1 34" curved monitor
      • I open my laptop screen at home while on the dock

As I mentioned I think every time I have seen this occur it has been my laptop screen that has shown an app, and usually, it is excel (but I work a lot in excel and it could easily have been the last app I was working in when I closed my computer)

:)

MatthewWeirath, Nov 17, 2018

2. Ads displayed in Lock Screen

Hi Subhadeep,

Windows Spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen.
    To turn off Windows Spotlight, go to Settings, clickPersonalization,
    select Lock screen, under Background select a different lock screen background.

To avoid messages on your lock screen, you can consider the following:

• Make sure that the "Get fun facts, etc" on your Settings is turned off.
    • Disable “suggestions” that appear as notifications. To do so, follow these steps go to
      Settings, then select System, then click
      Notifications & actions
      and turnoff “Show me the Windows welcome experience after updates and occasionally when I sign in to highlight what’s new and
      suggested”.
    • Disable “tips, tricks, and suggestions”. Head to Settings then select
      System, then click Notifications & Actions and disable the “Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows” option.

Don't hesitate to reply on this thread if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Nov 17, 2018
  3. Black Lock screen BACKGROUND

Hi Bill,

Let us know the make and model of your computer.

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to set the lock screen background to picture and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Step 3: Update the Display Adapter drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update Driver Software
    • Restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the lock screen background for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 17, 2018
  4. Issue - Momentarily displaying desktop content ahead of lock screen

Lock screen not working properly on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Oshith,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in lock screen settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "It is not flapped over to password when clicking", you tried to check the issue by clicking through external mouse?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the picture of the lock screen and also try to update Display Adapter driver.

Step 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Step 2: I recommend you to update the latest driver for display adapter in Device Manager.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Expand Display Adapter.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Update driver software.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 17, 2018
Thema:

Issue - Momentarily displaying desktop content ahead of lock screen

1. Issue - Momentarily displaying desktop content ahead of lock screen - Similar Threads - Issue Momentarily displaying

2. Lock Screen Display

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock Screen Display: How do I change the ID on the lock screen from my email account name in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-display/84324f3d-a72f-4103-931a-55092d1d9c76
  3. Displays turn black momentarily

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Displays turn black momentarily: My wife's PC, which is about 3-4 years old has been running fine after we upgraded to Windows 10 a couple of months ago. This is a general office-level PC, nothing at all flash other than plenty of RAM - 16gb, with integrated graphics & VGA+DVI monitors. Version is probably...
  4. Displays turn black momentarily

in Windows 10 Support
    Displays turn black momentarily: My wife's PC, which is about 3-4 years old has been running fine after we upgraded to Windows 10 a couple of months ago. This is a general office-level PC, nothing at all flash other than plenty of RAM - 16gb, with integrated graphics & VGA+DVI monitors. Version is probably...
  5. Desktop partially displays lock screen wallpaper

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop partially displays lock screen wallpaper: Laptop is docked, connected to two monitors. I put it to sleep. I unplug it from the dock and put it in my backpack in preparation for travel the next day. The next time I use it I am not docked. I log in and now the desktop has around the right 1/3 of the screen covered by...
  6. Lock Screen/Display

Lock Screen/Display: I would like to display my lock screen on both of my monitors and want to know if that is possible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screendisplay/f5f77fac-6bdb-4ce8-b9a9-2f8d761540c0
  7. Lock Screen Content

Lock Screen Content: Hello, I am trying to delete some pictures that my system choose to display at lock screen. Now I want to delete that pictures contained folder but a dialogue appears notifying "Action can't be completed because the file is open in LockScreenContent Server ". How to fix it?...
  8. Issue displaying in three screens and locking the computer

Issue displaying in three screens and locking the computer: In windows 10, if you have 3 screens connected to your computer, and then you lock the computer, after unlocking it, all the apps that were in your third screen get moved, and sometimes resized weirdly, to the middle screen. This didn't happen in windows 7. My right...
  9. Control of display screen contents.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Control of display screen contents.: Have rolling screen up and down; jerky screen. OS win 10 with all up dates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/control-of-display-screen-contents/48d6a2fd-44b1-4e80-bf4b-cfb25c2965f8
  10. Doc folder contents display on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Doc folder contents display on desktop: The contents of my documents folder permanently display all over my desktop. Ive heard this is a common problem but cannot find a resolution Help 76965