Windows 10: Issue Occuring with Windows 10 when TV Monitor is in Enhanced HDMI

Discus and support Issue Occuring with Windows 10 when TV Monitor is in Enhanced HDMI in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having an occasional issue that pops up specifically on Windows 10 when my TV Settings are set to Enhanced HDMI. (Apologies that the image... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Mesden, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Mesden Win User

Issue Occuring with Windows 10 when TV Monitor is in Enhanced HDMI

Hello,

I'm having an occasional issue that pops up specifically on Windows 10 when my TV Settings are set to Enhanced HDMI. (Apologies that the image is popping up sideways. It shows the right side up on my PC but it's getting reformatted when I upload it here.) The TV is a Sony XBR55850D, but I believe the issue to be on the Windows side, not the TV itself.

Issue Occuring with Windows 10 when TV Monitor is in Enhanced HDMI [​IMG]

Basically, the screen will start to spazz out for about a minute before going back to the way it should be. It only does this in Windows, I've tested my PlayStation 4 Pro and Nintendo Switch and my Cable Box on the same Enhanced setting and there is never an issue. I've tried a different 4K-Certified Cable (Monster Brand to be 100%) and the issue persists. I've tried it on different HDMI Inputs and the issue persists (The cable is plugged in to HDMI 3 at the moment.) I also had the main board on my Television replaced and the issue still persists which leaves me thinking that it might be a problem with Windows. This issue doesn't just occur in Diablo 3, it will occur anywhere in Windows, even on the Desktop when nothing is open. The issue is resolved if I change the HDMI Setting out of Enhanced HDMI, but I'd prefer stay in that setting. Also, I recently upgraded from the 980 Ti to the 2080 Ti and I'm still getting the same issue.

I managed to record the issue in action, so if anybody recognizes this, I'd be interested in hearing what the problem might be and how it can be fixed.

Shaky Screen - YouTube

:)

Mesden, Jan 14, 2019

2. Laptop monitor is black but HDMI to TV works

So, I seem to be having the opposite problem of most. After updating my laptop to windows 10 the laptop monitor basically does not work - it's as if the graphics card does not see it. When I turn the computer on it shows me the dell logo with options to
    open the boot settings, and it starts to show the graphics for loading windows and then just goes to a black screen. Like others I thought maybe it's the issue with thinking there's 2 monitors when there really are not because it's acting like my dual monitor
    work computer at start-up, but none of the listed fixes worked. I tried to plug the computer into the TV via an HDMI cable and that does work but the laptop monitor goes from a 'light' black to an 'off' black. Of course the computer at that point only thinks
    there's one monitor which is the TV when I go into the settings. I've tried every combination of plugging in and pulling out the HDMI at different points in the reboot process but I always end up in the same place of having to plug the laptop into the TV to
    use it. It's as if the Intel graphics doesn't see the laptop monitor as an option. I also tried to update the graphics drivers but it says there are no available updates. Anyone else have this problem and a suggested solution so I can move my laptop away
    from the TV?!

Greenturtle116, Jan 14, 2019
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Hdmi TV no signal

Thank you for the update and sorry for the delayed response. To isolate the issue, try connecting the cable to other ports or use a different HDMI cable and see if it will work. If not, try following these steps to check output settings and see if it will
    resolve the issue:

• On your desktop, right-click on a blank space and select Personalize.
    • Click System then select Display.
    • Check if you can see the TV as second monitor.
    • If not, click Windows key + P.
    • Select Duplicate.
    • If the duplicate option is not applicable, select Extend instead.
    • After that, repeat steps 1 to 3 again and see if the TV is now detected.

Get back to us with so we can provide further assistance.

Anne Ros, Jan 14, 2019
  4. Issue Occuring with Windows 10 when TV Monitor is in Enhanced HDMI

Connecting laptop running windows 10 to hdtv with hdmi

I'm not very tech savvy.

• I know how to run the HDMI cable between laptop and tv.
    • I know how to set my tv to use correct HDMI port.
    What I need to know is how I tell my laptop to recognize my tv and configure it to use my tv as a monitor.

Anyone that can tell me step by step how to do this in windows 10?

Thanks.

Edit 11:43 PM

Thanks for all the help. Hooked up the HDMI cable, plugged tv back in, started laptop up, switched the tv to correct HDMI port and viola...there was my laptop start screen on my tv! Didn't have to do anything but make a few display
    adjustments!

Thanks again, everyone.

MaryAnnBova, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

Issue Occuring with Windows 10 when TV Monitor is in Enhanced HDMI

1. Issue Occuring with Windows 10 when TV Monitor is in Enhanced HDMI - Similar Threads - Issue Occuring Monitor

2. when connecting an HDMI from the pc to the tv the pc monitor turnes off and the tv shows a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when connecting an HDMI from the pc to the tv the pc monitor turnes off and the tv shows a...: Hello could you please help me with my problem. i recently started conecting my pc to my 4k lg tv and in the display options i selected that it should show only on the tv screen which when enabled turns the computer monitor screen off but after that i saw that there is an...
  3. hdmi tv

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hdmi tv: I had hdmi for two years. I cleaned my laptop and now on my tv screen only shows image of my laptop back ground. It will not let me use my tv as a screen, but I do have sound that comes from my tv that is from the laptop. Can anybody explain to me what happen or how to fix...
  4. hdmi tv

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hdmi tv: I had hdmi for two years. I cleaned my laptop and now on my tv screen only shows image of my laptop back ground. It will not let me use my tv as a screen, but I do have sound that comes from my tv that is from the laptop. Can anybody explain to me what happen or how to fix...
  5. Monitor not displaying when HDMI cable removed from TV.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor not displaying when HDMI cable removed from TV.: Hello, I'd like to ask a question about my monitor. So when I am using my PC, I keep my HDMI cable plugged in to the TV which is connected to the CPU. However, when I unplug the HDMI cable, my monitor does not display anything. A message appears saying, "The current input...
  6. Monitor Switches To TV Through HDMI Automatically

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor Switches To TV Through HDMI Automatically: I want to set up my computer so I can leave an HDMI cable connected between my PC and TV. The problem is whenever I turn on my TV the PC will transfer over to my TV automatically. Is there a way to set it up so the monitor will only transfer over to the TV when I tell it to?...
  7. No sound using TV as monitor with HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound using TV as monitor with HDMI cable: I use my tv as a monitor for my computer and the sound has suddenly stopped working. The picture is fine but there's no sound, it says that the "Spatial sound" is off and doesn't give me an option to turn the sound on for anything but headphones. Nothing I've seen online...
  8. Using a TV via hdmi as the only monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using a TV via hdmi as the only monitor.: I want to use a TV as my only monitor, with hdmi. I presently have an actual monitor connected via the hdmi port on my video card. How can I swap out the monitor and use the TV, and have this work again tomorrow? I got this far once before until the next day. Once the...
  9. Windows 10 not detecting TV when hooked to HDMI

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 not detecting TV when hooked to HDMI: Hello everyone, I am having a problem with Windows 10 not detecting my TV when I hook it up to my Tablet via HDMI. I initially though this was a video/graphics card problem so I went to the Intel site and they had me update the driver. So my graphics driver is up to date and...
  10. HDMI TV becomes primary monitor when plugged in.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI TV becomes primary monitor when plugged in.: Hello, I have been searching all over for the following problem: I have a normal dekstop-pc setup with a 24" monitor hooked up to the graphics card with a DVI cable. To be able to watch a movie on a bigger screen, I hooked up a standard 40" TV to the graphics card via...