Windows 10: Issue of Increase in Brightness while Charging.

Discus and support Issue of Increase in Brightness while Charging. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; To, Microsoft Community I am Gavin. Using Microsoft Windows 10 Version 20H2 OS Build 19042.610 OS on My HP Laptop Model Number: HP-14am090TU.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by GavinMathos, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Issue of Increase in Brightness while Charging.

To,
    Microsoft Community

I am Gavin. Using Microsoft Windows 10 Version 20H2 OS Build 19042.610 OS on My HP Laptop Model Number: HP-14am090TU.

Currently i have kept My Laptop Brightness to Normal to10% as shown in Screeen Shot below.

Issue of Increase in Brightness while Charging. da06d446-2e15-4a2d-9cd0-7e0969ec0dda?upload=true.png

But when i Charge My Laptop, then the Screen Brightness slightly increases by 1% i.e from 10% to 11%, but after i remove the Charge it comes back to Normal i.e 10%.

What can be reason for Slight Increase in Brightness while Laptop is being charged. How do i bix the slight increase in Brightness.

Also would like to know is there is any option where i can keep Auto or Adaptive Brightness, means Laptop will Automatically adust My Brightness according to light in the room

Please check & help me regarding Brightness Issue.

Thanks & Regards,
    Gavin

:)

GavinMathos, Oct 30, 2020

2. Increase And Decrease of Brightness

Hi,

There are several possible reasons why you cannot modify the brightness of your device. It could be a software conflict or a hardware issue. For us to better assist you, we'd like to ask you a few questions:

• Did you encounter any error messages when increasing or reducing the brightness of your laptop?
    • Did the issue occur right after you bought the laptop?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device before the problem started?
    • When did the issue begin?

We'll wait for your response.

Ronalene Mat, Oct 30, 2020
  3. Brightness issues

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with Brightness settings after upgrading to Windows 10 in the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

There is a possibility that this issue might have occurred due to incompatible or corrupt display drivers or the brightness settings are not correct in the system.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

To check for the brightness settings, please follow the steps given below and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows + C” keys on the keyboard.

• In the search box, type
      Power Options.

• Click on Power options, and under any plan, click
      Change plan settings.

• Click Change advanced power settings.

• In the list, expand Display, and then expand
      Enable adaptive brightness.

• To turn adaptive brightness on or off when your computer is running on battery power, click
      On battery, and then, in the list, click On or
      Off.

• To turn adaptive brightness on or off when your computer is plugged into an outlet, click
      Plugged in, and then, in the list, click On or
      Off.

• Click Apply. Click
      OK.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2

Method 2:

Step 1:
    Update the Display driver.

Please follow the steps given below to update the display driver.

• Press Windows key + X when you are at desktop.

• Select Device Manager.

• Expand Display adapters.

• Right-click the display driver and click
      Update Driver Software.

• Select Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.
    Step 2:

Check if there are any updates for display drivers available in Optional Updates; this might fix the issue. Refer to the following steps.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.

• Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.

• When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    Also see: Download and install drivers

Download and install drivers in Windows 8.1

The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Oct 30, 2020
  4. Issue of Increase in Brightness while Charging.

Brightness Issue

To,

Microsoft Community

I am Gavin. Using Microsoft Windows 10 Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.508) OS on My HP Laptop.

Currently i have kept My Laptop Brightness to Normal. But when i Charge My Laptop, then the Screen Brightness slightly increases, but after i remove the Charge it comes back to Normal.

What can be reason for Slight Increase in Brightness while Laptop is being charged.

Also would like to know is there is any option where i can keep Auto or Adaptive Brightness, means Laptop will Automatically adust My Brightness.

Please check & help me regarding Brightness.

Thanks & Regards,

Gavin

GavinMathos, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

Issue of Increase in Brightness while Charging.

1. Issue of Increase in Brightness while Charging. - Similar Threads - Issue Increase Brightness

2. Increase Windows 11 Brightness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Increase Windows 11 Brightness: I am currently using Windows 11 and was wondering if there is any way to increase the screen brightness beyond the maximum 100% limit. Could you please advise if there are any native apps, software settings, or third-party applications available that would allow me to enhance...
  3. Increase Windows 11 Brightness

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Increase Windows 11 Brightness: I am currently using Windows 11 and was wondering if there is any way to increase the screen brightness beyond the maximum 100% limit. Could you please advise if there are any native apps, software settings, or third-party applications available that would allow me to enhance...
  4. Brightness increases to maximum.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness increases to maximum.: My eyes are sensitive to light, so I work with my Dell laptop at minimum brightness.But as I switch on my dell laptop every morning, 5 out of 10 times, while the laptop is booting, the brightness gets suddenly to maximum 0 to 100% by itself. Immediately after the booting is...
  5. Brightness increases to maximum.

Brightness increases to maximum.: My eyes are sensitive to light, so I work with my Dell laptop at minimum brightness.But as I switch on my dell laptop every morning, 5 out of 10 times, while the laptop is booting, the brightness gets suddenly to maximum 0 to 100% by itself. Immediately after the booting is...
  6. Screen brightness increases to 100% temporarily while charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen brightness increases to 100% temporarily while charging: Hi, I'm using a Dell Latitude 5480. Sometimes when I'm using some heavy apps like Android Studio, the screen brightness increases to 100% for about 3-5 minutes. This happens only when my PC is plugged in, and it's really annoying. If I don't increase the brightness...
  7. Screen brightness increases to 100% temporarily while charging

Screen brightness increases to 100% temporarily while charging: Hi, I'm using a Dell Latitude 5480. Sometimes when I'm using some heavy apps like Android Studio, the screen brightness increases to 100% for about 3-5 minutes. This happens only when my PC is plugged in, and it's really annoying. If I don't increase the brightness...
  8. Screen brightness increases to 100% temporarily while charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Increase in Brightness while Charging.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Increase in Brightness while Charging.: To, Microsoft Community I am Gavin. Using Microsoft Windows 10 Version 20H2 OS Build 19042.610 OS on My HP Laptop Model Number: HP-14am090TU. Currently i have kept My Laptop Brightness to Normal. But when i Charge My Laptop, then the Screen Brightness slightly...
  10. Anyway to increase max brightness ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyway to increase max brightness ?: Just picked up the ASUS Vivobook S532 and while i love it i wish it was a touch brighter. So i was wondering if there was a way to increase the maximum brightness ? Thanks. submitted by /u/babygorilla90 [link] [comments]...