Windows 10: issue of location

Discus and support issue of location in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; the windows maps app is not showing my Accurate location . It's showing wrong address. I can't make it correct. [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AveekBhowmick, Oct 3, 2020.

1. issue of location

the windows maps app is not showing my Accurate location . It's showing wrong address. I can't make it correct.

issue of location 11fd38f9-dd71-4f64-816a-cbc303bec821?upload=true.png

:)

AveekBhowmick, Oct 3, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 3, 2020
  3. Location service is greyed out

Hi Shahriar,

Thank you for responding.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check If it helps.

Step 1: Steps to turn on the Location settings.

• Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows key, type Location settings and select
      Change location settings.
    • Check whether Location for this device is On by clicking on
      Change
    • Also turn on Location as well.

Step 2: And as you are unable to set the service Geolocation service to automatic, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Try to set the service to automatic by following the steps provided in the above post by Praveen Venugopal.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 3, 2020
  4. Karen Her Win User

issue of location

Location setting

Hi,

This issue could occur due to incorrect location settings or it would depend on your IP address. We suggest you to check the location settings of your PC, and check if it helps. Here are the steps:

• Click the Start button, and select Settings.
    • Go to Privacy, and choose Location.
    • Make sure that the Location service is On.

If issue persists, then it has something to do with your IP address. It’s because the location detected depends on the location set on your IP address.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

issue of location

1. issue of location - Similar Threads - issue location

2. I'm facing the issue of the procedure entry point Eventsetinformation could not located in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm facing the issue of the procedure entry point Eventsetinformation could not located in...: I'm facing the issue of the procedure entry point Eventsetinformation could not located in dynamic link library ADVAPI32.dii https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-facing-the-issue-of-the-procedure-entry-point/80dd308a-4db9-4fbe-bb2e-f1b384935544
  3. I'm facing the issue of the procedure entry point Eventsetinformation could not located in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm facing the issue of the procedure entry point Eventsetinformation could not located in...: I'm facing the issue of the procedure entry point Eventsetinformation could not located in dynamic link library ADVAPI32.dii https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-facing-the-issue-of-the-procedure-entry-point/80dd308a-4db9-4fbe-bb2e-f1b384935544
  4. Hi, i am experiencing a issue with locating game files, i am able to locate the app itself...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, i am experiencing a issue with locating game files, i am able to locate the app itself...: I have been trying to select game files[for a game I already own] to export in game character models and meshes but so far i have just been failing, since I am unable to complete the first step of locating the games files. I've tried to select the game itself, but it would...
  5. Hi, i am experiencing a issue with locating game files, i am able to locate the app itself...

Hi, i am experiencing a issue with locating game files, i am able to locate the app itself...: I have been trying to select game files[for a game I already own] to export in game character models and meshes but so far i have just been failing, since I am unable to complete the first step of locating the games files. I've tried to select the game itself, but it would...
  6. I am facing issue with shortcut menu window of Wifi, Volume and Battery which is located on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am facing issue with shortcut menu window of Wifi, Volume and Battery which is located on...: I'm facing an issue with shortcut menu window of Wi-Fi, Volume and Battery which is located on bottom right corner on taskbar since one month ago. This shortcut menu not responding or unable to click for changing Wi-Fi, adjust volume or Bluetooth connection selection the...
  7. I am facing issue with shortcut menu window of Wifi, Volume and Battery which is located on...

I am facing issue with shortcut menu window of Wifi, Volume and Battery which is located on...: I'm facing an issue with shortcut menu window of Wi-Fi, Volume and Battery which is located on bottom right corner on taskbar since one month ago. This shortcut menu not responding or unable to click for changing Wi-Fi, adjust volume or Bluetooth connection selection the...
  8. Issue with location on 3rd party application

Issue with location on 3rd party application: I am having issues with location on 2 3rd party application that deal with online poker and also online sports betting. Both cant locate me and I am not able to get on the to do things. One is a download on my desktop and the other is using google chrome. I can access from...
  9. Issue with location on 3rd party application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with location on 3rd party application: I am having issues with location on 2 3rd party application that deal with online poker and also online sports betting. Both cant locate me and I am not able to get on the to do things. One is a download on my desktop and the other is using google chrome. I can access from...
  10. Performance issues with File Explorer selecting zip files in synced locations

Performance issues with File Explorer selecting zip files in synced locations: Ever since I upgraded to Windows 11, I've had performance issues with zip files in my synced folders in File Explorer. If I have a zip file in a folder that is synced to OneDrive or SharePoint, and I select the folder, the program hangs/freezes for several seconds and the...