Windows 10: Issue on adding a new Gmail account to windows.

Discus and support Issue on adding a new Gmail account to windows. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; WinVer 17134.1184 Hi, I am facing an issue when adding my Google Gmail account in the Mail app. It shows an error as: [ATTACH] It's been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jyotirmay Kumar Jha, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Issue on adding a new Gmail account to windows.

WinVer 17134.1184

Hi,

I am facing an issue when adding my Google Gmail account in the Mail app. It shows an error as:

Issue on adding a new Gmail account to windows. f9614dd6-aed9-4816-8d0b-7d2e961d9f28?upload=true.png

It's been occurring for three days and I can't find a solution to that so please help me to solve it.

Thanks,

Regards,

Jyotirmay Kumar Jha.

:)

Jyotirmay Kumar Jha, Feb 16, 2020

2. Gmail leaves your account open to spammers

A new flaw has been exposed in Google’s Gmail service which could allow hackers to get hold of your contacts. When you log into your Gmail (Googlemail in some countries) account, Google will put your details into a JavaScript file. Because of this, if you browse other websites whilst logged into your account, any of them could potentially declare the function “google” and be able to get hold of all of your contacts. The only two ways to ensure your privacy is safe are to disable JavaScript in all websites except those you trust or to not browse other sites whilst logged into any Google service. Admittedly Gmail is still only a beta, but a fault like this could be quite serious.

Update: Disabling JavaScript did not solve this problem, however it appears that Google has now fixed this issue and your contacts list should be safe.

Source: Engadget

Jimmy 2004, Feb 16, 2020
  3. Adding another Account

Hi, David.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest that you perform the steps below and check if the issue persist:

Go to the Security section of your Google account

Under Connected apps and sites, go to Apps connected to your account, make sure Windows is on the list.

After the Google account is connected with your computer, you need to create the new IMAP account. But, before you create a new IMAP account in your Mail app, you need to enable IMAP usage in your Google account. Follow the steps
    below to do so:

• Sign in to Gmail
    • Click the gear in the top right
    • Select Settings
    • Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP
    • Select Enable IMAP
    • Click Save Changes

After you enabled IMAP usage in your Google account, you can create the new IMAP account in your Mail app, and everything should work fine. Just follow these steps to create the new IMAP account:

• Open the Mail app
    • Go to Settings (Cog icon), Accounts, Add Account, Advanced Setup, and then to Internet Email
    • Fill in the details like this:
    • Account Name: {any string like “My Gmail”}
    • Your Name: {your name like “Fred Bloggs”}
    • Incoming Mail Server: imap.gmail.com:993
    • Account Type: IMAP4
    • User name: {your gmail address}
    • Password: {the one time password you just generated, otherwise just your gmail password}
    • Outgoing SMTP email server: smtp.gmail.com:465
    • All checkboxes checked

• 4.Now try to connect to your Google account with the new Account.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

Vanessa Sohtun, Feb 16, 2020
  4. Issue on adding a new Gmail account to windows.

Cant add a Gmail account to windows 10 builtin mail app (error 0*800c0005)

Hi, Muhammad.

Thank you for posting your response. We appreciate the time and effort that you have invested in to fix the issue.

If the account has been successfully added and you are facing sync issue, I would suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if it helps.

Steps1:

• Go to the Security section of your Google account
    • Under Connected apps and sites, go to Apps connected to your account, make sure Windows is on the list.
    • After the Google account is connected with your computer, you need to create the new IMAP account. But, before you create a new IMAP account in your Mail app, you need to enable IMAP usage in your Google account. Follow the steps
      below to do so:
    • Sign in to Gmail
    • Click the gear in the top right
    • Select Settings
    • Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP
    • Select Enable IMAP
    • Click Save Changes
    Step 2:

After you enabled IMAP usage in your Google account, you can create the new IMAP account in your Mail app, and everything should work fine. Just follow these steps to create the new IMAP account:

• Open the Mail app
    • Go to Settings (Cog icon), Accounts, Add Account, Advanced Setup, and then to Internet Email
    • Fill in the details like this:
    • Account Name: {any string like “My Gmail”}
    • Your Name: {your name like “Fred Bloggs”}
    • Incoming Mail Server: imap.gmail.com:993
    • Account Type: IMAP4
    • User name: {your gmail address}
    • Password: {the one time password you just generated, otherwise just your gmail password}
    • Outgoing SMTP email server: smtp.gmail.com:465
    • All checkboxes checked
    Now try to connect to your Google account with the new Account.

Hope this information helps. Do revert back to us with the outcome, so that we can assist you further.

Vanessa Sohtun, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

Issue on adding a new Gmail account to windows.

1. Issue on adding a new Gmail account to windows. - Similar Threads - Issue adding Gmail

2. Gmail Account cannot be added to Windows Mail app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gmail Account cannot be added to Windows Mail app.: After entering Email and password, the error occurs, i dont know why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-account-cannot-be-added-to-windows-mail-app/78646cd5-540e-4ded-bff4-843a0ec5af05
  3. Gmail Account cannot be added to Windows Mail app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gmail Account cannot be added to Windows Mail app.: After entering Email and password, the error occurs, i dont know why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-account-cannot-be-added-to-windows-mail-app/78646cd5-540e-4ded-bff4-843a0ec5af05
  4. New PC added gmail account and it works fine added charter.net account and it can only...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New PC added gmail account and it works fine added charter.net account and it can only...: Split from this thread. Hello Customer care3,Welcome to Microsoft Community.Let me help you to solve the problem of not receiving emails.Before I offer any solution, please let me know the following information:What type of mailbox are you using? outlook mailbox or something...
  5. New PC added gmail account and it works fine added charter.net account and it can only...

New PC added gmail account and it works fine added charter.net account and it can only...: Split from this thread. Hello Customer care3,Welcome to Microsoft Community.Let me help you to solve the problem of not receiving emails.Before I offer any solution, please let me know the following information:What type of mailbox are you using? outlook mailbox or something...
  6. Gmail sign in a significant issue after adding a computer with two accounts and affects...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gmail sign in a significant issue after adding a computer with two accounts and affects...: Is there a fix for this or can Microsoft fix this so that both Microsoft Edge and Firefox will have no problems accessing gmail directly and work with multiple accounts?Background - Before the issue happened, I was using windows 10 on three different HP computers and I could...
  7. Gmail sign in a significant issue after adding a computer with two accounts and affects...

Gmail sign in a significant issue after adding a computer with two accounts and affects...: Is there a fix for this or can Microsoft fix this so that both Microsoft Edge and Firefox will have no problems accessing gmail directly and work with multiple accounts?Background - Before the issue happened, I was using windows 10 on three different HP computers and I could...
  8. Added Yahoo to Gmail account. New received Yahoo emails not received

in Browsers and Email
    Added Yahoo to Gmail account. New received Yahoo emails not received: Added Yahoo to Gmail account. New received Yahoo emails not received in Gmail It did bring in all of the emails in my folders from Yahoo perfectly and put them under a new heading in Gmail as [email protected] However I was hoping it would also read the emails that show...
  9. Adding my Gmail to my Windows accounts?

Adding my Gmail to my Windows accounts?: I have been trying to add my Gmail account to my windows and am unable to? I keep getting an error message. I had to do a recovery/reset on my PC - I was able to add it before, along with my MSN and Comcast emails.[ATTACH]...
  10. Adding gmail accounts to Microsoft mail

Adding gmail accounts to Microsoft mail: Hi, After updating to Win Pro 10 64 v.1809 build 17763.316 (from v. 1803), I could not sync with my gmail accounts anymore. I deleted them. I am now unable to add them back. I tried multiple solutions - including the one given in august 2018 on this forum - but I am still...