Windows 10: Issue on new Win10Pro install on new system.

Discus and support Issue on new Win10Pro install on new system. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi. I am Fiaz. I have an odd issue on a new install of win 10 Pro on a brand new new system. Fail to make a successful install to the new kit. Can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by fiazmir, Nov 26, 2020.

1. fiazmir Win User

Issue on new Win10Pro install on new system.

Hi.

I am Fiaz.

I have an odd issue on a new install of win 10 Pro on a brand new new system.

Fail to make a successful install to the new kit. Can see the USB key and start the install process.

Mainly fails after showing the blue windows logs on screen.

Got to the install screens at least 6 times and set the lang to start then failed to install - just rebooted so not specific error message.

Purchased all the parts separate and am making a rig myself.
    Woking off the HCL of each manufacturer so know it should work.

No overclocking done.

I have had 3 day attempting to install with various configs.

Altering the boot media USB 2/3.2 , different USB keys, different USB ports, DVD

Can seen the USB key in BIOS and UEIF.

Different BIOS settings and the default used.

BIOS updated mainly around setting the UEFI on /off and the on board graphics reduced resolution from the 4K to 1204x800.

Still fail to get a full install - can get the windows booing but at install time the process fails.

Have:

win 10 pro OEM - to install do new install

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 4750G R7 PRO 4750G 3.6 GHz Eight-Core

Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE ATX Motherboard for AMD AM4 CPUs Version 1.

Ballistix DDR4, DRAM, Gaming Memory Kit, 16GB8GB X2, CL16. BL2K8G36C16U4B

Samsung SM951 512GB M.2 PCI-e 3.0 x 4 NVMe Solid State Drive MZVPV512HDGL-00000

Samsung 860 EVO 1TB,Internal,2.5 inch V-NAND SSD Solid State Drive

Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO Water Cooler cpu

Coolmaster Stryker case

Gigabyte Odin 1200W P/S

Using on board DP port Vega graphics enabled on BIOS settings. that the CPUs 4750G does

No graphics card installed currently

DELL 4K screen via DP port

The BIOS is updated to the latest version.
    All overclocking is off.

All POST test are OK. Can see the BIOS with DEL key.

Have run through and set up for UEFI boot only. Legacy only and auto options to attempt fresh install.

Used DVD and USB MS iso image tool and Rufus on two different USB keys one USB 2 @ 25G and a USB 3.2 @ 500G

Also tried to install Centos and failed as a test.

Where I got furthest install was:

BIOS settings to force 1280x800 graphics

25G USB key with manual build of UEFI key in PCs USB 2 port for boot/install.

manual Win 10pro copy from DVD.

I have had the Win install screen up an running but failed with

cannot access the C:\Sources\install.esd file.

Dropped down in to the CMD line and checked its there - was in dir sources I though capitals and not capitals did not matter in Win

So strange error to fail with.

:)

fiazmir, Nov 26, 2020

2. Win10Pro transfer to new PC

I bought a PC with Win7Pro already installed (the sticker refers to OEM). This was updated to Win10Pro. The motherboard on this PC has now died and I need to purchase another. Most come with Win10Home and I would wish to transfer the licence from the dead
    PC to the new one. Unfortunately, I do not have a Win10Pro licence key to hand (or access to it as the PC is dead). I do have the original disc and the key for the Win7Pro. I cannot find a straightforward answer as to whether I can upgrade a Win10Home installation
    to Win10Pro using the Win7Pro key. Please advise.

MertonEarl, Nov 26, 2020
  3. Creating WIN10Pro (Flash Drive) via Existing Computer - For Later Installation Upon a New Computer

I have chased information on this subject -down several rabbit holes today- simply wanting to become comfortable in this procedure, before buying any WIN10Pro product line, available on the Microsoft Store, or a number of questionable OEM versions found
    elsewhere. I should not have to go outside of the Microsoft Store, to find needed clarification, surrounding this process. I am currently using WIN10 on my old computer. I am currently building a new stand alone computer and when done, I do not want to install
    WIN10 on my new system bootable SSD, simply to create a messier installation & upgrade to WIN10Pro. If doable, I am wanting to create a bootable FLASH drive, containing WIN10Pro and obtain it's required Product Key in advance - For LATER installation upon
    my new computer. Based upon what I have read to date, there remains some confusion. Are the stated logistics of my plan doable? If so, can anyone here give me an account of the required process, from start to stop? Some say, I must first buy a new 8GB flash
    drive and run 'bootsect.exe' to make it bootable. Sounds reasonable. Then, I'm supposed to buy and download a WIN10pro ISO file from the Microsoft Store, saving this file on my Flash Drive. This also sounds pretty easy, even for us old boomers. When I buy
    and download the ISO file, do I automatically get the required product KEY, or do I have to buy the key separately? If so... where can I be sure to obtain an 'authentic' production key, that is guaranteed to activate the WIN10Pro ISO file I purchased earlier?
    Microsoft Store does not give me enough information during the purchasing process - to set my mind at ease, before hitting the OK button. Is there a better way, or an easier way to create a WIN10Pro FLASH drive? Somewhere along this path, I assume I will have
    been successful in creating the WIN10Pro FLASH drive. Will I run into any brick walls - inserting it into the USB 2 drive, wanting to install a clean WIN10Pro OS upon my new computer, that at this stage, has no other O.S. or software installed? A clear, concise,
    step-by-step explanation of recommended procedures in this regard would be extremely helpful in putting my mind at ease, before tossing more money into the wind. Cheers.

OldTimer_68, Nov 26, 2020
  4. Issue on new Win10Pro install on new system.

New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

Issue on new Win10Pro install on new system.

1. Issue on new Win10Pro install on new system. - Similar Threads - Issue Win10Pro install

2. issues installing new programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    issues installing new programs: Hi whenever I try to install a program I get an error message saying : your organization used windows defender application control to block this app I have tried disabling windows defender but get the same error....
  3. MIGRATING WIN10PRO TO A NEW PC, HP OMEN

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MIGRATING WIN10PRO TO A NEW PC, HP OMEN: After restoring Win10Pro from an older PC to a new HP OMEN 30L, win won't boot because of missing drivers. From the HP website, I downloaded the driver files, xxxx.EXE files .. but I don't know how to incorporate the drivers into the restored Win10Pro on the new machine....
  4. New build issue with installation

New build issue with installation: Hi all I just got my last few parts for my build and now am having trouble with the installation of the os and other needed things. I have a MSI z270-a pro motherboard a msi gtx GeForce 8970 gpu i3-7100 7th gen cpu 16 gb of ddr4 ram and a current 1 tb ssd these are all...
  5. issues installing Windows 10 on new system

issues installing Windows 10 on new system: Hi everybody, I've just upgraded my i5 7500 system with a AMD 3700x paired with MSI B450M Mortar Max motherboard. It all seems to run fine in the bios. I've updated it to the latest bios also. CPU is running roughly 27 degrees. My issue lays when I'm trying to install...
  6. Win10Pro Activation on a new device

Win10Pro Activation on a new device: Hello, Recently i have sold my desktop PC and i moved on a laptop. I installed Win10Pro64 from an USB stick made with Windows Media Creation Center. The Win10Pro Licence is attached to my account with which i logged in on the laptop. However after all tutorials on the...
  7. Win10Pro transfer to new PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10Pro transfer to new PC: I bought a PC with Win7Pro already installed (the sticker refers to OEM). This was updated to Win10Pro. The motherboard on this PC has now died and I need to purchase another. Most come with Win10Home and I would wish to transfer the licence from the dead PC to the new one....
  8. System issues after the installation of the new Windows 10 updates

System issues after the installation of the new Windows 10 updates: I have a desktop PC model ASUS ROG G20BM with the following specifications: CPU: AMD FX-770K (Quad Core 3.50 GHz) VGA: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series OS: Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit During the purchase, Windows 8 was installed on this computer, which was later...
  9. BSOD for no reason on New Win10Pro install. Possible USB related.

BSOD for no reason on New Win10Pro install. Possible USB related.: Hi there, I have the Asus P9x79 Pro motherboard. Windows 10 jacked up my system some time ago and the latest update caused a several minute lag on my login screen. I also ran into DCP Watchdog violation BSOD at least once a day. I did a clean install using Microsoft's...
  10. New System New Questions

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    New System New Questions: Hello Forum, Here I am a new member, and this is my story in short: Recently my win 7 pro machine started dieing, I managed to retrieve most of the programs I have installed, burnt them on rw-dvds (have the installation files). Then I ordered to a technician a new desktop...