Windows 10: Issue opening photos

Discus and support Issue opening photos in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi - when I try and open photos, I get this message ; Error -2147219196 Can someone please tell me how to fix this? Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Moops66, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Moops66 Win User

Issue opening photos

Hi - when I try and open photos, I get this message ; Error -2147219196

Can someone please tell me how to fix this?

Thanks

:)

Moops66, Jan 26, 2019

2. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Jan 26, 2019
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Issue opening photos :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jan 26, 2019
  4. Issue opening photos

cannot open my photos in new windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to try right clicking the photos thumbnail and choose the Windows Photo app under “open with” folder.

If the issue is with Windows Photo app, I suggest you to try the below given method and check if it is resolved:

Method 1:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Windows Store app.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    If issue persist kindly follow the below given method

Method 2:

If issue persist, kindly follow the steps and check if it works. The below steps will reset the Windows store cache.

• Press Windows key + R key to open Run
    • Type wsreset.exe and press Enter
    Restart the Photos app, check if issue is resolved.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

Issue opening photos

1. Issue opening photos - Similar Threads - Issue opening photos

2. Opening Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opening Photos: I cannot open a photo. "There is a problem with Photos. Reinstall the app from its original install location". The Microsoft Store app will not open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-photos/463833d2-95d9-459e-818d-2168fbf313dd
  3. Opening Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening Photos: I cannot open a photo. "There is a problem with Photos. Reinstall the app from its original install location". The Microsoft Store app will not open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-photos/463833d2-95d9-459e-818d-2168fbf313dd
  4. Opening a photo

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Opening a photo: Just downloaded the latest Windows 10 system. Now when I click on a photo in any folder to enlarge it, I get the following: "Install failed. Please contact your software vendor." How do I correct this? Who is the software vendor? Microsoft? and how do I contact them? dialogue...
  5. Photos App issue with opening files

Photos App issue with opening files: I can't open files when I click on them, both photos and videos. The error code is 2147163901 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-issue-with-opening-files/1dd4afce-733c-45d6-9836-a5cde96e71bf
  6. photos not opening

photos not opening: My photos are not opening. It keeps on displaying file system error -2147219196 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-not-opening/10cf9525-01fe-453f-ac6d-34658df59bf5
  7. Photos not opening

Photos not opening: Hiya. My photos app isn't opening, neither from the Start menu nor from File Explorer. I just get a notification that says "the app didn't start", and nothing else - no error code or additional information. I've tried repairing and resetting the app, troubleshooting,...
  8. opening photos

opening photos: I have always been able to open pictures...always...now I cant! what the hell???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-photos/8d7cc6d8-338b-4dd4-8ddd-c0b1f7cbc1c2"
  9. Issue opening photos from photos APP

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Issue opening photos from photos APP: Hi Need help on this issue which am having. I am not able to access photos from Microsoft photo APP ( Win 10 ), getting this error msg "system error xxx-xxx-xxxx196) I am able to access the photos on other APP but only on this app I get error. I don't want to restore the...
  10. Photos not opening

Photos not opening: microsoft.photos.exe not working Source Microsoft.Photos.exe Summary Stopped working Date ‎19-‎07-‎2018 14:53 Status Report sent Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Program...