Windows 10: Issue/Problem in Windows 10 when closing the lid on laptop logout session instead of suspend

Discus and support Issue/Problem in Windows 10 when closing the lid on laptop logout session instead of suspend in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When I take a break from work, I always suspend the laptop by closing the lid. It always worked fine, but in the last few weeks I have found that at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Juan I., Dec 5, 2020.

1. Juan I. Win User

Issue/Problem in Windows 10 when closing the lid on laptop logout session instead of suspend

When I take a break from work, I always suspend the laptop by closing the lid. It always worked fine, but in the last few weeks I have found that at some point it not only "suspends and locks the Windows session" but closes the entire session. It's a bit annoying because it closes all the programs and windows you were working on and takes too long to wake up and load all the Windows startup applications when it does.

Any advice?

Thank you

:)

Juan I., Dec 5, 2020
  2. RexTan Win User

Download Suspends when Closing the Lid

I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 Home from Windows 8.1.

I have set the setting for Closing the Lid as Do Nothing.

Back in 8.1, whenever I am downloading (particularly with peer-to-peer downloads), the session will still continue even if I close the lid of my laptop. Giving me the convenience to close the lid of my laptop and go to sleep to see the download completed the
    morning I wake up.

Now in 10 Home, as soon as I close the lid,
    the download is suspended despite the setting is set to Do Nothing.

I am, by some standards, a power-downloader. Unable to close my laptop lid while keeping the download running is quite frustrating.

Is there a setting in Windows 10 Home I have overlooked that overrides the setting
    Do Nothing?

RexTan, Dec 5, 2020
  3. Laptop does not shutdown when i click shutdown and close the lid, it sleeps instead.

Hi Gan,

This scenario happens when your Power Options is misconfigured. For us to have this isolated, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Select Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Select Power & sleep tab.
    • On the right side, click on Additional power settings.
    • On the left pane, select Choose what closing the lid does.
    • Under Power button and lid settings, click the drop down next to
      When I close the lid.
    • Select Shut down.
    • Click on Save changes button.
    • When you’re ready to make your PC shut down, close your laptop's lid.

Note: Every time that you will close the lid, your laptop will automatically shut down.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Janeane Cru, Dec 5, 2020
  4. mikel1 Win User

Issue/Problem in Windows 10 when closing the lid on laptop logout session instead of suspend

BSOD when closing computer lid

i can make a video, but i think it wont help....the problem is when i close the laptop lid in order to suspend it, when i open the lid again the laptop is starting up (like a reboot)

mikel1, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Issue/Problem in Windows 10 when closing the lid on laptop logout session instead of suspend - Similar Threads - Issue Problem closing

2. use pin instead of fingerprint when lid is closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    use pin instead of fingerprint when lid is closed: Found others having the same problem so I thought this would be a good QoF improvement if windows can implement it.use pin instead of fingerprint when lid is closed, or at least allow user to choose....
  3. use pin instead of fingerprint when lid is closed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    use pin instead of fingerprint when lid is closed: Found others having the same problem so I thought this would be a good QoF improvement if windows can implement it.use pin instead of fingerprint when lid is closed, or at least allow user to choose....
  4. Apps closing when laptop lid is closed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Apps closing when laptop lid is closed: I recently purchased a Microsoft Surface and all my open apps force close when the laptop lid has been closed overnight. I've checked all previous solutions posted on this site and nothing works. Very Annoying, can someone help resolve asap? ? It really shouldn't be this...
  5. BSOD when closing laptop lid

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD when closing laptop lid: I'm running Windows 10 version 20H2, and every time I close the laptop lid, when I open it I get a BSOD with the error IRQL_LESS_THAN_NOT_EQAL. Looking in event viewer, TPM driver has consistently failed with Event IDs 15 & 27, and then seconds later there a several...
  6. Laptop Shuts Down instead of Sleeping When I Close the Lid

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Shuts Down instead of Sleeping When I Close the Lid: Laptop Shuts Down instead of Sleeping When I Close the Lid https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-shuts-down-instead-of-sleeping-when-i-close/af25b279-4190-4528-8f03-dd4290d6a1eb
  7. When lid closed

in Windows 10 Customization
    When lid closed: Hey Microsoft Community! I want to "Do nothing" when my laptop lid is closed. I was able to set this in Control Panel. I don't want to drain my battery, though, so I want it to hibernate about 5 minutes after there is not activity. Thank you!...
  8. New laptop reboots instead of waking up when I close the lid.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New laptop reboots instead of waking up when I close the lid.: New laptop, Dell inspiron 7591, reboots very often instead of just waking up when I close the lid... As a result, I lose everything I was working with, it's so frustrating. Anyone experiencing this issue as well? How do I solve this? All drivers and bios are up to date. It...
  9. Laptop closes programes when lid is closed

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop closes programes when lid is closed: This past few days whenever i close the laptop lid with the laptop is still on whenever i later return to the laptop open the lid all programes that i had opened even the web browser are closed, anyone offer any help to fix this so that all programs that were opened remain...
  10. Lock laptop when lid is closed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lock laptop when lid is closed: Hello, Please add to Windows 10 the option to "lock on lid close". Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/lock-laptop-when-lid-is-closed/c9798949-35f4-46f1-afeb-fbf7b2be39c1"