Windows 10: Issue regarding every SSD or HDD I put into my SATA Controller Port on my MB turns into RAW...

Discus and support Issue regarding every SSD or HDD I put into my SATA Controller Port on my MB turns into RAW... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So currently my pc has 1 NVME m.2 plugged onto the Motherboard, and one SSD, and one HDD. And they work fine, knock on wood. But I needed some more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AchillesXE, Jun 24, 2022.

1. Issue regarding every SSD or HDD I put into my SATA Controller Port on my MB turns into RAW...

So currently my pc has 1 NVME m.2 plugged onto the Motherboard, and one SSD, and one HDD. And they work fine, knock on wood. But I needed some more space so I added a new SSD, it worked fine for a few days then randomly went raw, it asked me to reformat the drive to gain access, it was fairly new so I went ahead and formatted it to access, and it said windows was unable to reformat the SSD. So I decided to take it out of the PC, and reformat it using an external USB to Sata wire, it worked fine then, and I was even able to rename the SSD. I put it back into the PC, and bam, it was seen as raw,

:)

AchillesXE, Jun 24, 2022
  2. alx10mgmg Win User

Hard drive turned RAW after changing sata port. Table resotration

Here is the result. I appreciate you going through step by step with me.

Issue regarding every SSD or HDD I put into my SATA Controller Port on my MB turns into RAW... [​IMG]

When selecting List, the filesystem still seems damaged.

Issue regarding every SSD or HDD I put into my SATA Controller Port on my MB turns into RAW... [​IMG]

alx10mgmg, Jun 24, 2022
  3. External SSD recognized as HDD in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to External SSD showing as HDD when connected to the PC using USB 3.0 port. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Have you tried connecting the SSD to any other PC?
    2. Are you using any converter to connect the SSD through USB 3.0 port?
    3. Are you using a RAID configuration?

I have researched on your query and found that the SSD that you are using is an internal SSD drive, in this case I would suggest you to try updating the Intel Rapid Storage drivers from the

intel website
    and see if that helps.

In addition, this issue can occur if the SSD is connected to a SATA controller that is identified as RAID (SCSI). I would suggest you to try connecting the SSD to a SATA port that uses AHCI controller such as Intel SATA controller/chipset.

Please get back to us with the detailed information to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 24, 2022
  4. RPB57 Win User

Issue regarding every SSD or HDD I put into my SATA Controller Port on my MB turns into RAW...

SATA HDD recognised as SSD

Hi. My SATA HDD is recognised as a SSD and Windows 10 will not perform defragmentation on it as a result; which I appreciate. I've tried many of the prescribed procedures mentioned on forums but to no effect. I'm pretty convinced that the problem lies
    in the fact I have installed a SSD in my machine. Windows is recognising the correct size of my SATA HDD however and the SSD isn't showing up quite rightly as its Linux formatted. Using a third party defragmentation program exactly the same problem occurs,
    however I was able to defragment my C drive using it as it just warned against it and didn't prohibit me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

RPB57, Jun 24, 2022
Thema:

Issue regarding every SSD or HDD I put into my SATA Controller Port on my MB turns into RAW...

1. Issue regarding every SSD or HDD I put into my SATA Controller Port on my MB turns into RAW... - Similar Threads - Issue regarding every

2. Issue regarding every SSD or HDD I put into my SATA Controller Port on my MB turns into RAW...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue regarding every SSD or HDD I put into my SATA Controller Port on my MB turns into RAW...: So currently my pc has 1 NVME m.2 plugged onto the Motherboard, and one SSD, and one HDD. And they work fine, knock on wood. But I needed some more space so I added a new SSD, it worked fine for a few days then randomly went raw, it asked me to reformat the drive to gain...
  3. Issue regarding every SSD or HDD I put into my SATA Controller Port on my MB turns into RAW...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue regarding every SSD or HDD I put into my SATA Controller Port on my MB turns into RAW...: So currently my pc has 1 NVME m.2 plugged onto the Motherboard, and one SSD, and one HDD. And they work fine, knock on wood. But I needed some more space so I added a new SSD, it worked fine for a few days then randomly went raw, it asked me to reformat the drive to gain...
  4. Regarding whether my programs will run on SSD or HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding whether my programs will run on SSD or HDD: I have shifted Download, Documents, Videos, Pictures directory to D drive to save space on my C drive. I am not sure whether my programs will continue running on SSD after this. Will they run on SSD or HDD after this?...
  5. Regarding whether my programs will run on SSD or HDD

Regarding whether my programs will run on SSD or HDD: I have shifted Download, Documents, Videos, Pictures directory to D drive to save space on my C drive. I am not sure whether my programs will continue running on SSD after this. Will they run on SSD or HDD after this?...
  6. Putting the SATA cable in another SATA port on my MoBo will have no problems?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Putting the SATA cable in another SATA port on my MoBo will have no problems?: I have set-up the Hard Drives and SSD and has files with it's volume letterWill removing the port and transferring it to 1, 2, and 3 have any issues like files corrupting or the hard drives/ssd not being read?I just want to put it to ports 1, 2, and 3...
  7. Putting the SATA cable in another SATA port on my MoBo will have no problems?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Putting the SATA cable in another SATA port on my MoBo will have no problems?: I have set-up the Hard Drives and SSD and has files with it's volume letterWill removing the port and transferring it to 1, 2, and 3 have any issues like files corrupting or the hard drives/ssd not being read?I just want to put it to ports 1, 2, and 3...
  8. Putting the SATA cable in another SATA port on my MoBo will have no problems?

9. Hard drive turned RAW after changing sata port. Table resotration

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive turned RAW after changing sata port. Table resotration: Hello everyone. I have a drive showing RAW data after switching sata ports (really odd). The drive shows up as NTFS in various other tools though. The drive health is showing a-ok through SMART and other tools. I imaged the drive and it ran into no bad sectors; went off...
  10. SATA HDD recognised as SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SATA HDD recognised as SSD: Hi. My SATA HDD is recognised as a SSD and Windows 10 will not perform defragmentation on it as a result; which I appreciate. I've tried many of the prescribed procedures mentioned on forums but to no effect. I'm pretty convinced that the problem lies in the fact I have...