Windows 10: Issue Running 32 bit Software after update

Discus and support Issue Running 32 bit Software after update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Is it only me or everyone is facing "Not Responding" issue with all 32-bit Softwares. Even Windows inbuilt Calculator app is not working as the App... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AatmikMuchhal, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Issue Running 32 bit Software after update

Is it only me or everyone is facing "Not Responding" issue with all 32-bit Softwares.

Even Windows inbuilt Calculator app is not working as the App hangs even on a key input.

I have tested it with other Apps too and the problem is with all 32-bit softwares which was the only common thing between them.

Even the "Feedback Hub" of Windows is not working which I had initially thought to give a feedback from the system itself.

How to fix this ?

Attached is my "Recently Update Summary"

Issue Running 32 bit Software after update b2d42226-1bbf-4425-b6a4-82eaa50fb1bc?upload=true.jpg

:)

AatmikMuchhal, Aug 19, 2020

2. How to upgrade Windows10 from 32 bit to 64bit?

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

You may also update the touchpad driver from Device Manager manually and check if this helps.

• Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.
    • Expand “Touchpad Driver” or “Synaptic Touchpad Driver”.
    • Right click on the drivers and select “Update Driver Software”. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If issue persist, I suggest you to try installing it in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the touchpad or Synaptic Touch pad drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’
      and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    To migrate from 32 bit OS to 64 bit; if you have max 3 GBs of RAM, then 32 bit should be sufficient for your needs. If you happen to have 4 to 8 GBs or more RAM, then 64 bit would be suitable.
    As for compatibility, you will need 64 bit device drivers for any hardware devices you might have.

For more information, I suggest you to refer to the below given Wiki article by Andre Da Costa and check if it helps:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ndows-to/40d90c4e-8845-4bcb-bb2f-aeab312caf74

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Aug 19, 2020
  3. YNM2018 Win User
    How to run a software developed for 32-bit Windows 7 32 on Windows 10 64-bit

David hi,

I purchased a CAD software that was developed for 32-bit Windows 7. The seller send me an installation zip file but I cannot install it. The seller suggested to install a virtual 32-bit Windows, so I could install and use it.

Regards, Yumi

YNM2018, Aug 19, 2020
  4. Faris00 Win User

Issue Running 32 bit Software after update

Laptop is 64 bit but running Microsoft software of 32 bit

My laptop is a 64 bit but it seems to be running every software into a 32 bit such as my Microsoft word programs. Even the antivirus is 32 bit. I tried deleting the 32 bit word but it suddenly came back. What do i do?

Faris00, Aug 19, 2020
Thema:

Issue Running 32 bit Software after update

1. Issue Running 32 bit Software after update - Similar Threads - Issue Running bit

2. 32 bit software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    32 bit software: Is my 64 bit Windows 10 (2004 ...572) able to run software written for 32 bit Windows 10? 168282
  3. Running 32 bit software on 64 bit windows (Please Read)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Running 32 bit software on 64 bit windows (Please Read): Hello I am having an awkward compatibility glitch. I have a stock copy of windows 10 professional and when I am trying to open an application, it says that it can't be installed and that I need a 32 bit system. I know that most other 32 bit software works fine and that...
  4. Apps running in 32 bit

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps running in 32 bit: Ok so, i had a windows 10 32 bit installed on my pc first, then i reinstalled windows to 10 64 bit, i wiped everything clean. why is every app i just installed running on 32 bit??. please help! submitted by /u/butcrackz [link] [comments]...
  5. How to use 16 bit apps on Windows 10 32 bit and link to download software to run 32 bit apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to use 16 bit apps on Windows 10 32 bit and link to download software to run 32 bit apps: Can anyone tell me how to use 16-bit apps on Windows 10 32-bit with a software link to run 32-bit apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-16-bit-apps-on-windows-10-32-bit-and/7be1ac07-dbc6-4d92-a4ae-10d22a8f420a
  6. enabling 32 bit software on 64 bit system

enabling 32 bit software on 64 bit system: Im trying to enable 32 bit software on a 64 bit system. web information shows I can install and enable thie software in ISS, but my system doesn't show ISS. I am able to load the IIS system in the " Turne Windows feature On and OFF app. but thats as far as I can go. I cannot...
  7. Install 32 bit software on 64 bit system

Install 32 bit software on 64 bit system: I have WIndows 10 on a Surface Pro 6 computer. I am unable to install my Microsoft Digital Image software (on discs). I am given the message that it won't insall on a 64 bit system. I had it installe don a former computer, which also had Windows 10 on it. What am I doing...
  8. Laptop is 64 bit but running Microsoft software of 32 bit

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Laptop is 64 bit but running Microsoft software of 32 bit: My laptop is a 64 bit but it seems to be running every software into a 32 bit such as my Microsoft word programs. Even the antivirus is 32 bit. I tried deleting the 32 bit word but it suddenly came back. What do i do? 133550
  9. 32 Bit games not running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    32 Bit games not running: So fairly recently I thought of downloading a old game I used to play all the time on my moms windows XP computer The game is called magic inlay and it played perfectly on XP I downloaded it off the same exact site and everything so I'm sure it's not the game. The game is...
  10. 32 bit software is not running on 64 bit windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    32 bit software is not running on 64 bit windows 10: i was using windows 7 32 bit and my softwares were running efficiently but after having windows 10 64 bit its not running https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/32-bit-software-is-not-running-on-64-bit-windows/6e8f8085-d636-412f-a241-a79d80065537