Windows 10: Issue running Support Assist

Discus and support Issue running Support Assist in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been having issues trying to run Support Assist on my Dell XPS13 for a couple of months now. Whenever I attempt to run SupportAssist, I get the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JustinReel, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Issue running Support Assist

I have been having issues trying to run Support Assist on my Dell XPS13 for a couple of months now. Whenever I attempt to run SupportAssist, I get the attached error. How do I go about fixing this? Issue running Support Assist f0114aa7-fc5d-45ce-a640-87c935e6cbc5?upload=true.png

:)

JustinReel, Sep 4, 2019

2. Issues with the computer power hp support assistant and windows update in Windows10

Hi Tina,

I understand the inconvenience caused regarding the shutting down of computer and issues with hp support assistant, and also windows updates. I will certainly assist you.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

2. When you say “issues with hp support assistant” what is the exact issue are you referring to?

3. Are you getting any error code or error message?

Follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to try running the Power Troubleshooter to check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Run the Power troubleshooter on the system.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Power troubleshooter
    Further you can try creating a new power plan according to your preference. Refer the link below for more details on Power Plans.

Power Plans: frequently asked questions

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/power-plans-faq#1TC=windows-8

(Steps in the article, applies to Windows 10).

Method 2:
    Run the Update Troubleshooter on the computer.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Update. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Windows update.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Windows Update troubleshooter.
    • Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Sep 4, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 4, 2019
  4. Issue running Support Assist

Support Assist.

My support assist is not responding.

When I attempted to go to my control panel and programs I looked for H support to repair and I do not have an HP support list in my programs at all.

What is my next step please?

Reichert Renee, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

Issue running Support Assist

1. Issue running Support Assist - Similar Threads - Issue running Support

2. Intel support assistant

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel support assistant: I thought this would be a very good addition to have regular updates to my drivers.Unfortunately this may only apply to intel's own products as my speakers needed a driver update. Intel didn't not inform me and Microsoft did not inform me even via updates.I hade to connect to...
  3. dell support assist

in Windows 10 Customization
    dell support assist: I have the newest and latest version of support assist. when i try to run the hardware scan it keeps failing say exc command failed. Del has been trying to resolve this issue for weeks now. The tried today and said it is a dll error. and that i have to re install the...
  4. Support Assist

in Windows 10 Customization
    Support Assist: What the heck's going on with Support Assist. It says a new version is available, but it doesn't seem to load and also says, it's encountered problems, restart and try again later. I restarted but it didn't make a difference. I doubt i I checked the correct fields to illicit...
  5. Hp support assistant

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hp support assistant: First I installed hp support assistant in my laptop for the first time after that I checked in control panel there is no hp support assistant app in program and future so I thought I could uninstall in control panel but there is no hp support assistant. So I thought I could...
  6. Dells Support Assist?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dells Support Assist?: This display is now on the bottom of my Dell Desk Top. If I click on it a box comes up. I "X" it out and it comes back. I notice also that my screen no longer turns off if not in use after 15 minutes. It stays on all the time. What is this???...
  7. Support Assists

Support Assists: Is it my imagination or does every Support Assist app from every big company tend to, to be blunt, suck? *sarc HP, Dell, Intel, Alienware, etc. They start out great, and then within a year or 2 it seems somebody flips a switch and Poof! Things don't gel. 147087
  8. support assist

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    support assist: my support assist show a 10 +GB drive space reclaimed show , how can resolve it ?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/support-assist/89ffa4d3-f220-4ab2-a4f2-51eedfdba8ee
  9. support assistant will not load

support assistant will not load: support assistant will no topen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/support-assistant-will-not-load/840beccb-5a73-499b-99f8-e09e2b528117
  10. Dell support assistant

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell support assistant: I am trying to scan computer using Dell support assistant, and it will do everything but scan hardware. I can update drivers and everything else, but scan hardware. I have tried rebooting several times then running support assistant, but still nothing The contract expired 3...