Windows 10: Issue sending e-mail (sends from different email than intended) Microsoft Mail APP

Discus and support Issue sending e-mail (sends from different email than intended) Microsoft Mail APP in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I noticed that one of my @gmail accounts sends as @outlook account. Thus making the format the following. Sent by: *** Email address is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DesolatePsyche, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Issue sending e-mail (sends from different email than intended) Microsoft Mail APP

Hello,

I noticed that one of my @gmail accounts sends as @outlook account.

Thus making the format the following.

Sent by: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>

What I mean, that 2 of my different e-mails are for some reasons intertwined thus it shows that message is sent from one mial, but in <> marks it shows second mail.

How to fix it? As I have no idea why it's doing such thing.

EDIT: Yeah, extremely confusing. Testing multiple e-mails and only 1 of them sends e-mail as intended. Meaning it shows e-mail I sent e-mail from. Whilst rest are in format of *** Email address is removed for privacy *** <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>

EDIT2: Hmm.. I think I fixed it to some extent? Mail APP for some reason set my name to every e-mail as *** Email address is removed for privacy *** . After changing content of that box, it seems to send now correctly? Will have to still test around...

:)

DesolatePsyche, Oct 29, 2018

2. Windows 10 Mail app can't send emails

Take a look at this page and double check all of your settings.

Send/Receive NFN eMail Remotely and Securely | NFN FAQs

Try using a secure connection

[table][tr][td]Incoming mail (POP3) Issue sending e-mail (sends from different email than intended) Microsoft Mail APP [​IMG] This server requires a secure connection (SSL) Change the Incoming mail (POP3) port to 995[/td] [td]Outgoing mail (SMTP) Issue sending e-mail (sends from different email than intended) Microsoft Mail APP [​IMG] This server requires a secure connection (SSL) Change the Outgoing mail (SMTP) port to 587[/td] [/tr] [/table]

Issue sending e-mail (sends from different email than intended) Microsoft Mail APP [​IMG]

If your eMail client has Requires authentication, select it
    Most servers use Clear text authentication - do not change that unless your provider gave you instructions to set it up.

Slartybart, Oct 29, 2018
  3. swarfega Win User
    Windows Mail and Calendar won't send attachments

My first thought was, why do you need an email client for Gmail? I use Gmail but I only use the mail app for the calendar side of it.

swarfega, Oct 29, 2018
  4. Issue sending e-mail (sends from different email than intended) Microsoft Mail APP

Make 'Mail' app default for sending emails and not Outlook

I have both the windows 10 mail app and office outlook installed but when emailing a document from within windows file explorer it always tries to send it using Outlook.

Is there a way to get it to default to send using the Mail app instead?

I have tried setting the default app as mail in the Default Settings but it keeps trying to send from outlook.

RamboMcMutNutts, Oct 29, 2018
Thema:

Issue sending e-mail (sends from different email than intended) Microsoft Mail APP

1. Issue sending e-mail (sends from different email than intended) Microsoft Mail APP - Similar Threads - Issue sending mail

2. Verify e-mail not sending

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Verify e-mail not sending: I'm having an issue with my account regarding the verification system. I've tried to log into my Microsoft account for a few weeks now & I'm always asked for a verification code that is supposed to come through my e-mail that's attached to the account & it never comes. I've...
  3. Mail app for Windows is not sending emails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail app for Windows is not sending emails: I have an issue with the Mail app for Windows. It stopped sending emails, they are hanging in the outbox. But inbound correspondence gets into inbox without any problems. I have this issue only with the Mail App, Outlookworks as expected. Could you help me fix it?...
  4. sending e .mails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sending e .mails: hello I just cant send any e.mails I can receive , ,,, but get no-where sending thank-you roger https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sending-e-mails/4c8be193-d0b2-44ea-bc4a-0bafd25da1a2
  5. sending attachments with e-mails

sending attachments with e-mails: I think I hit a wrong button...somehow via being new to Windows 10 and a new computer. After I attach documents to an e-mail, I can not open the attachment to review it before sending, and when sent to a recipient, they can not open the attachment. Help....
  6. E-mail not sending/receiving

E-mail not sending/receiving: E-mail : Fix Outlook error Ox8004060C during the Send/Receive operation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/e-mail-not-sendingreceiving/feff0be5-030e-469d-b70f-41808ea9c006
  7. sending a powerpoint on e-mail

sending a powerpoint on e-mail: Why does my e-mail not send an attachment that is a powerpoint presentation? I put it on desktop, then clicked on "send to" and typed in the recipient's address. But when I clicked on "send" it disappeared. It is not listed in the "sent" file. How do I send it? thanks for...
  8. problem sending e-mails

problem sending e-mails: I can't attach a document or send e-mails on my pc. However, I am able to send e-mails on my phone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-sending-e-mails/c84da4ad-4b16-45c1-aac3-4035208d3ee5"
  9. Mail App unable to send emails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail App unable to send emails: every time I attempt to send an email using the windows 10 mail app I get this email in return We weren't able to send this message, so we've put it in your Drafts folder. Before you try sending it again, you can check to see if the address is correct and that no...
  10. sending e-mails

sending e-mails: I am receiving e-mail but am unable to write new, reply to, forward e-mails. When pressing the appropriate icon nothing happens, the system also is slow. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sending-e-mails/72690f48-b4d5-4029-b383-b00791059cd6

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mail not sending other than microsoft account in d365 smt outgoing mail server issue

2. @gmail accounts sends email as @outlook account in mail app