Windows 10: Issue since last Windows Update 2/11/2021

Discus and support Issue since last Windows Update 2/11/2021 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows is acting strange since the last update. I am currently running Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2. Here's what's happening: 1. When I press the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EdwardTorasso, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Issue since last Windows Update 2/11/2021

Windows is acting strange since the last update. I am currently running Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2. Here's what's happening:

1. When I press the START key and select an application, the Start menu does not automatically disappear, but the app opens behind it. Once I click into the application the Start window closes.

2. When I open Word 2010 , if it's a blank document, the first space is selected highlighted and you can not type anything into the document. If I open an existing document, all the text is selected and can not be unselected. I checked and the Selection Mode is unchecked in the Custom Status Bar.

3. When I open Excel 2010, "Extended Selection" is flashing on the bottom of the page. Pressing F8 or Shift+F8 or Esc does not stop this.

4. When I start an application from File Explorer, the icon appears in the taskbar, but the application does not open on the screen. You need to click on the taskbar item to view the application.

5. Documents folder is now empty, but I can see all my Document subfolders under "C:\Users\<userid>\Documents". The Documents folder under This PC and Desktop properties now points to C:\Users\<userid>\OneDrive\Documents. I do not store files on OneDrive!

6. If multiple windows are open for an application ie: File Explorer when you hover over the icon on the task bar and select one of the small popup windows, you can not select the item. The only way to get to it is using the ALT+Tab shortcut.

I have tried pressing the F8 key to clear the "Extended Selection" option in both Word and Excel. I tried swapping out my keyboard and mouse, I tried shutting down my system and restarting. I tried reverting back to the prior Windows version.

NOTHING works. Can anyone help with this issue? My next option is to reload Windows then reload my documents and applications.

Thoughts????

:)

EdwardTorasso, Feb 12, 2021

2. Lenovo 2 11 w/Windows 10 touchpad issue

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

This issue may occur due to corrupted or incompatible drivers, missing updates, incorrect device settings or hardware problems.

Method 1:

Let's first run hardware and troubleshooter and check.

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type “Troubleshooting “in the search box and hit
      enter.
    • Click on Hardware and sound.
    • Click on Hardware and device and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Method 2:

If the issue is not resolved, I would suggest you to un-install and re-install touchpad driver from the manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Un-install the drivers:

Follow these steps:

• Click on Start icon.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Right click on the
      touchpad drivers and select “Uninstall”.
    • Restart the computer once it is uninstalled.
    Step 2:

I would suggest you to install latest touchpad driver from the manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Feb 12, 2021
  3. Techtu Win User
    Windows update issues

+1

If your wireless router has a built in firewall maybe it's somehow set to block the ports that Windows updates use?

I'd also suggest if it works with it being directly connected then you could try resetting your router to see if this fixes the issue.

That's my 2 cents anyways. *Smile Issue since last Windows Update 2/11/2021 :)

Techtu, Feb 12, 2021
  4. Issue since last Windows Update 2/11/2021

Windows update issues

It works, but I still need to fix it so that way I dont have to plug computers directly to the modem to get windows update to work. It was also blocking me from installing directx.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Feb 12, 2021
Thema:

Issue since last Windows Update 2/11/2021

1. Issue since last Windows Update 2/11/2021 - Similar Threads - Issue since last

2. Dota 2 Lagging since Last Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dota 2 Lagging since Last Update: Ever since the latest Windows 10 update, Dota 2 has become basically unplayable due to lagging in game. This is not an internet issue or issue with the game. It appears to be graphics or sound related as it primarily occurs when there is a lot of action/animation in the game....
  3. Weird issues since last update probably ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird issues since last update probably ?: Hey friends I'm not sure if my issue is related to latest updates or not but anyways here it goes... Earlier - when I turned on my laptop - the manufacturer page "Lenovo" used to start with a circling dots one for a few seconds before coming onto "Welcome" screen, now a days,...
  4. Last Windows Update - 2-10-2021

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Last Windows Update - 2-10-2021: I have a Lenovo T580 laptop and just did the update. When it rebooted, the Lenovo screen came up and then acted like there was no harddrive? Holy ****... This is a business computer. Has anyone else had problems with today's update? if so what has been done to recover from...
  5. Windows update issue, since 2 months!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update issue, since 2 months!: [ATTACH]I can't update my windows, it shows error everytime0x80080005 and the update window hangs everytime I check for updates. I can't see the update history or go for the advanced options. Its a brand new HP Pavillion Notebook! Please help!...
  6. Bluetooth issue since last Windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth issue since last Windows update: And I've tried everything to fix it. Basically there's no options to turn bluetooth on anymore. Always used to be but since last Windows update its seemed to have gone? Am I the only one? Also had the search bar broken but managed to fix that. submitted by /u/deport...
  7. Font printing issue since last update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Font printing issue since last update: My computer updated last Friday and since then I have been unable to print fonts correctly to the printer. They show correctly in all the software I use and even print correctly to pdf but it's just when I need a hard copy. I tried doing a system restore but it failed and...
  8. Bluetooth issues since last weeks update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth issues since last weeks update: Morning I have the following devices Lenovo Thinkpad E540 OS: Windows 10 Pro 1903 build 18362.113 Acer Extensa 2540 OS: Windows 10 Pro 1903 build 18362.113 Nokia phone on Android OS Samsung tablet on Android OS Bluetooth Microsoft Mouse 3600 My issue: Before the update,...
  9. Slower Shutdown since last 2 updates.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slower Shutdown since last 2 updates.: Hello ALL: I am on 64 bit Windows 10 Pro 10586.29. Before the last 2 updates, my system, with a 512GB SSD would shut down in 4 to 5 seconds. Since the last 2 updates, it has gone from a very fast 5 seconds to about 15 to 20 seconds. Is there any reason for this? 33224
  10. Since last update

in Windows 10 Support
    Since last update: Since this little update on 2nd Dec Bing now has sound on home page and headline photo appear across the bottom. When you click on the photo it takes you to the subject to read. So well done Microsoft. Has anyone else found or seen it 32538