Windows 10: issue synaptic ponting device

Discus and support issue synaptic ponting device in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Recently I was getting a process in the taskmgr, called 'Synaptics Pointing Device Driver'.I have no idea what is it, plus i don't think I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PunisheR_, Sep 2, 2022.

1. PunisheR_ Win User

issue synaptic ponting device

Recently I was getting a process in the taskmgr, called 'Synaptics Pointing Device Driver'.I have no idea what is it, plus i don't think I have anything related to Synaptics.My files are also getting infected with it. If I run an infected file, it will create a file ._cache_FILENAME.EXE FILENAME = The name of the fileThe file description is also being changed to Synaptics Pointing Device Driver and the company is being renamed to Synaptics. If the app required administrator rights, the shield also disappeared and the icon was also being low qualityI tried checking task manager, I saw thisIs

:)

PunisheR_, Sep 2, 2022

2. synaptics Pointing Device Driver

Try Uninstalling your device first, restart and then Install again.

Step 1:

• Open device manager by right clicking This PC and select Manage. On the left pane, click the same.
    • Under Mouse and pointing devices, right click the synaptics driver and click Uninstall.
    Step 2:

Restart when prompted. Remember, Restart!

Step 3:

Install the synaptics driver again using the setup utility provided by the manufacturer

Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 2, 2022
  3. Synaptics driver update for Synaptics SMBus ClickPad - Error 0x800f0248

Hi,

This issue may occur due to the outdated Synaptic Touchpad
    drivers. Try the below steps and check if it helps.

I would suggest you to download and install the latest Synaptic Touchpad drivers from the device manufacturer’s website and uninstall the Synaptic touchpad drivers and re-install the same again.

Note: Make sure you download and save the Touch Pad driver and installed it before uninstalling the same.

To uninstall Synaptic touchpad drivers, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager

• Locate Mice and other pointing devices and expand the same.

• Right-click the Synaptic driver and select
      Uninstall. (Note: keep the latest installed Synaptic driver)

• Restart the computer, if prompted.

Let us know if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Sep 2, 2022
  4. John Vil Win User

Synaptics Driver issues

Hi,

To assist you better with your Synaptics concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• When did this issue started?
    • Were there any updates installed recently?
    • Have you done any troubleshooting steps?

We look forward for your reply.

John Vil, Sep 2, 2022
Thema:

1. issue synaptic ponting device - Similar Threads - issue synaptic ponting

2. Problem with Synaptics pointing device driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Synaptics pointing device driver: I have an older HP Elitebook laptop with Synaptics pointing device. The problem is that the Synaptics program does not start automaticly when the compures boots. Then the touchpad reacts to touches as if I would click the key and so I accidentally delete messages etc. I have...
  3. Problem with Synaptics pointing device driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Synaptics pointing device driver: I have an older HP Elitebook laptop with Synaptics pointing device. The problem is that the Synaptics program does not start automaticly when the compures boots. Then the touchpad reacts to touches as if I would click the key and so I accidentally delete messages etc. I have...
  4. Problem with Synaptics pointing device driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. issue synaptic ponting device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    issue synaptic ponting device: Recently I was getting a process in the taskmgr, called 'Synaptics Pointing Device Driver'.I have no idea what is it, plus i don't think I have anything related to Synaptics.My files are also getting infected with it. If I run an infected file, it will create a file...
  6. issue synaptic ponting device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    issue synaptic ponting device: Recently I was getting a process in the taskmgr, called 'Synaptics Pointing Device Driver'.I have no idea what is it, plus i don't think I have anything related to Synaptics.My files are also getting infected with it. If I run an infected file, it will create a file...
  7. Synaptics Pointing Device Driver

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Synaptics Pointing Device Driver: Ostatnio kliknąłem w plik nazywał się: "main.exe" program Po kliknięciu nic się nie stało, ale zauważyłem że opis, firma to Synaptic, a opisie było: "Synaptisc Point Device Driver" Od tego mój moment komputer bardzo się ścina. Wyszukałem co to jest i ponoć jest to wirus,...
  8. Synaptics Pointing Device Driver

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Synaptics Pointing Device Driver: Recently I was getting a process in the taskmgr, called 'Synaptics Pointing Device Driver'. I have no idea what is it, plus i don't think I have anything related to Synaptics. My files are also getting infected with it. If I run an infected file, it will create a file...
  9. Synaptics Pointing Device

Synaptics Pointing Device: So, I accidentally uninstalled my Synaptics Pointing Device from Device Manager, now I'm trying to get it back because my touchpad + my mouse wont work. My mouse probably broke and stopped working because it's old, but my touchpad used to work all the time. Once I uninstalled...
  10. Synaptics SMBus touchpad not in devices

Synaptics SMBus touchpad not in devices: Hello, My Synaptics SMBus touchpad is not in the list of devices in the devicemanager. It has removed itself i think. Of course the touchpad is not working. [ATTACH] Is there any way to add this again....