Windows 10: Issue trying to reactivate windows after upgrading cpu and motherboard

Discus and support Issue trying to reactivate windows after upgrading cpu and motherboard in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So recently upgraded cpu and motherboard now when I try to reactivate windows I initially get 0xC004F211 error when I try the troubleshoot icon I get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RobertYutzy, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Issue trying to reactivate windows after upgrading cpu and motherboard

So recently upgraded cpu and motherboard now when I try to reactivate windows I initially get 0xC004F211 error when I try the troubleshoot icon I get the green box that has 'I changed hardware on this device recently', I log into my account and it takes me to a screen where it says Reactivate windows 10 select this device from below. My device's name is listed, so I select it via This is the device I am using now and then select activate. Goes to a screen Reactivating windows, real quick then states Unable to activate windows on this device try again later. Been doing this for hours now. a little help would be appreciated.

:)

RobertYutzy, Jan 31, 2020

2. upgrading the motherboard and cpu and reactivating windows 10 (free upgrade)

Hi, i'm wondering if when I upgrade my motherboard and cpu if the windows 10 free upgrade will still work, or it doesn't how will I go about reactivating it?

LewisLumsden, Jan 31, 2020
  3. K_Kang Win User
    Windows activation fails after upgrading CPU and motherboard

Hello,

I get an error message trying to re-confirm Windows 10 activation after upgrading motherboard and CPU. Error message that came was: "Unable to activate Windows. We can't reactivate Windows as our servers aren't available right now. Wait for a few minutes
    or try adding your Microsoft account again. Learn more".

This is now the second day in a row that it does not work.

Have you seen the same, and if yes, any suggestions for a fix?

Background:

-I was following the process recommended by Microsoft Support for the activation after motherboard and CPU upgrade.

-Before upgrade I had perfectly activated win 10.

BR,

K_Kang, Jan 31, 2020
  4. Jabadude Win User

Issue trying to reactivate windows after upgrading cpu and motherboard

Windows 10 reactivate after motherboard and CPU change

I changed the motherboard and CPU on my computer and the digital license reactivation isn't working. I follow all the steps, (settings - update & security - Activation - Troubleshoot - I changed hardware on this device recently) the computer I am trying
    to activate windows 10 on does not show up as one that I can choose. BUT when I go into my Microsoft account it is there under devices. Why is it not showing up as one I can choose to activate windows 10 on????

Jabadude, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

Issue trying to reactivate windows after upgrading cpu and motherboard

1. Issue trying to reactivate windows after upgrading cpu and motherboard - Similar Threads - Issue trying reactivate

2. Windows 10 reactivation after motherboard and cpu upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 reactivation after motherboard and cpu upgrade: I have recently upgraded my pc. the old motherboard and cpu went faulty and i put a second hand cpu and motherboard. Now have encountered a problem that my windows is activated not anymore and showing an error code 0xc004f213 saying there has been a hardware change. I have...
  3. Windows 10 reactivation after motherboard and cpu upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 reactivation after motherboard and cpu upgrade: I have recently upgraded my pc. the old motherboard and cpu went faulty and i put a second hand cpu and motherboard. Now have encountered a problem that my windows is activated not anymore and showing an error code 0xc004f213 saying there has been a hardware change. I have...
  4. Windows 10 reactivation after motherboard and cpu upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Trying to reactivate windows after changing the motherboard.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trying to reactivate windows after changing the motherboard.: I hope you can help. I recently upgrade my motherboard to a aorus b450 and I had windows 10 pro, but when I made the upgrade it asked me to reactivate windows which I guessed. so I went to the activation page, signed in and then I go "We can't reactivate Windows as our...
  6. Failed Reactivation after switching Motherboard and CPU

Failed Reactivation after switching Motherboard and CPU: Yesterday I switched from Intel to AMD. Since then I have been trying to get Windows to activate on the new platform but without success. I read all the links and suggestions people had, but nothing helped. The error code I was getting was 0xC004F211. I unregistered the key...
  7. [SOLVED]Issues Reactivating Windows Ten after Motherboard Upgrade

[SOLVED]Issues Reactivating Windows Ten after Motherboard Upgrade: Hello! I recently upgraded the motherboard on my PC from the one it originally came with. Now I am prompted to reactivate Windows, but cannot as it thinks the Windows product key has been activated on another device, when its the same device. The original motherboard was...
  8. Issues Reactivating Windows Ten after Motherboard Upgrade

Issues Reactivating Windows Ten after Motherboard Upgrade: Hello! I recently upgraded the motherboard on my PC from the one it originally came with. Now I am prompted to reactivate Windows, but cannot as it thinks the Windows product key has been activated on another device, when its the same device. The original motherboard was...
  9. Reactivating windows after changing the motherboard and CPU

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reactivating windows after changing the motherboard and CPU: I'm trying to reactivate my windows 10 with the "I recently changed hardware" option given in the troubleshooting menu, and my old PC DOES appear in the menu, but trying to select it just takes me to an empty window that says "We can't reactivate Windows on this device. Try...
  10. Cannot reactivate windows after a motherboard upgrade.

Cannot reactivate windows after a motherboard upgrade.: Hey all I recently upgraded my motherboard and tried reactivating windows by going to Activation clicking on troubleshoot and clicking on the option that says I changed hardware on this device recently and selecting my old computer unfortunately Im just greeted with the text...