Windows 10: Issue w/ program startup on separate drive

Discus and support Issue w/ program startup on separate drive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have my OS installation on a SSD and install all programs that don't need the benefits of the SSD on HDD. I've run into the issue where certain... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by spabs, Nov 14, 2016.

1. spabs Win User

Issue w/ program startup on separate drive

I have my OS installation on a SSD and install all programs that don't need the benefits of the SSD on HDD. I've run into the issue where certain programs on the HDD don't run at startup. Looking for some assistance on fixing and avoiding this.

:)

spabs, Nov 14, 2016

2. A startup password is suddenly required to start my Windows 10 Pro system.

A startup password is suddenly required to start my Windows 10 Pro system. How can I get past this? I still have my Windows Vista system on a separate hard drive on the same system. I can look at the Windows 10 files on the separate drive.

GeorgeBoyer, Nov 14, 2016
  3. After Resetting PC, none of my programs installed on a separate partition are listed in "Programs and Features"

As the title states, I am unable to view any of my programs in the "Programs and Features" which reside in a separate partition on a separate drive.

I updated my BIOS recently which sadly caused the BSOD and I was unable to work around this, therefore I was forced to reset my PC.

After resetting I noticed that my F: drive which is where I install most of my programs are not listed in "Program and Features" which as you can imagine isn't very user-friendly.

Is there a tool that may be able to fix this issue?

MikaelPaul, Nov 14, 2016
  4. Neemobeer Win User

Were these programs installed on the second drive originally or was the second drive originally the OS drive and the programs installed at that time?

Neemobeer, Nov 14, 2016
  5. spabs Win User
    The programs were initially installed on the 2nd drive.

Using two fresh drives that never had anything written to them prior to this. Installed windows to the SSD and have been installing all non-important programs to the 2nd drive from the get-go.

spabs, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Issue w/ program startup on separate drive - Similar Threads - Issue program startup

2. storage separation issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    storage separation issue: i am seeing this my file explorer, i want to why. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-separation-issue/ef8077f7-4194-4a5b-a3d1-d92fbcb19fe3
  3. Issues within programs after startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issues within programs after startup: Hello! I am currently having problems with my computer, in which I made the mistake of not recording the time this occurred but I have issues that I think lead to a corrupt file. I can see that there are problems that occur when loading some programs and apps I have. Spotify...
  4. Separate Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Separate Hard Drive: My C Drive only has 100Gb free. Will I be able to install Microsoft Flight Sim data on the E drive where I have lots of space? Bryan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/separate-hard-drive/a74a3df4-ef72-402b-95d5-6813869a431f
  5. Separate programs between users.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Separate programs between users.: Hi. Me and my brother are using a program called "Logitech G Hub" for our mouse and keyboard, but the problem is the program's settings and logged in accounts are synced trough users and it makes it difficult using it. I was wondering if there was a way to prevent another...
  6. SEPARATE DRIVES

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SEPARATE DRIVES: Hello r/Windows10! My PC currently has 1 HDD running Windows 10. I would like to add another hard drive to encrypt private information. I would like the drive to be inaccessible by my current version of Windows and the drive should have its own OS that I can boot into from...
  7. ...Windows 10 - how to install programs on a separate drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ...Windows 10 - how to install programs on a separate drive: Hi How do I get Windows to install programs on a separate drive? My new PC has 2 SSD drives - C is for windows 10 and E is for programs. I changed the registry settings for Program Files and Program Files (86) to drive E. Programs still install on C. Also when new...
  8. ...Windows 10 - how to install programs on a separate drive

in Windows 10 Support
    ...Windows 10 - how to install programs on a separate drive: Hi How do I get Windows to install programs on a separate drive? My new PC has 2 SSD drives - C is for windows 10 and E is for programs. I changed the registry settings for Program Files and Program Files (86) to drive E. Programs still install on C. Also when new...
  9. PDF Separating program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PDF Separating program: I want a reliable pdf separating program to download to my pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pdf-separating-program/b9653f58-740f-4982-96d9-e2d0de46e4ec
  10. Running programs from separate hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Running programs from separate hard drive: I have recently installed Windows 10 on a new SSD drive (C) I have two other drives which are not SSD one of which just contains saved data, photos, documents, downloads etc. (E) The other is blank which did contain Windows 7 (D) What I want to know is it possible to download...