Windows 10: Issue when I log in to two users at once in my desktop

Discus and support Issue when I log in to two users at once in my desktop in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Lately I can't log in to two users at once in my desktop, when I log in to the 2nd Windows account, this 2nd one doesn't work properly (the start menu... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by antonio3535, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Issue when I log in to two users at once in my desktop

Lately I can't log in to two users at once in my desktop, when I log in to the 2nd Windows account, this 2nd one doesn't work properly (the start menu won't pop up when you click it or press the Windows key. File explorer doesn't appear when you click the taskbar icon or press Windows + R. Yet, when I sign into the other user (the first I signed in), all works fine.

Something similar happens in Safe Mode (now when I press Windows key or click the start button icon: a message pops up "unable to perform requested ..." or something similar (but doesn't say which process won't start).

NOTE: The issue sometimes disappears after a few minutes, like 20 minutes or so.

Task manager doesn't show any stuck process or anything unusual.

I tried all this to no avail:

Restoring previous restore points.

Upgrading from 1909 to 2020 (when I did this: the issue seemed fixed, but later reappeard all by itself).

Restoring a old Windows Image backup (Windows 1809): the issue was fixed. Then I updated to 1909 and the issue reappeared (without installing any other apps). Then updated to 2004 and the issue seemed fixed, then later it reappeared.

Desktop with motherboard: Asrock Z77 Pro3-M
    Windows 10 Professional

:)

antonio3535, Sep 23, 2020

2. Windows 10 User Log-In Issue

Hi,

I apologize for not addressing you in a timely manner. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would suggest you to delete all the user account apart from the one which you are able to log in with Admin rights. Install all pending Windows and driver updates.
    Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience. Follow the steps below to create new user account and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows Key + R".
    • Type “netplwiz”.
    • Click on Add and follow the onscreen instructions.

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Sep 23, 2020
  3. deving Win User
    User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Sep 23, 2020
  4. Issue when I log in to two users at once in my desktop

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

Issue when I log in to two users at once in my desktop

1. Issue when I log in to two users at once in my desktop - Similar Threads - Issue log users

2. My keyboard types two characters at once when pressing a number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard types two characters at once when pressing a number: Today i noticed this problem when i was typing a message, the other number keys work fine but 4,5,8, and 9 keys are the ones that has a problem. Whenever i press 4 or 5 once it inputs both 4 and 5 at once even if i just press 4 or just 5, and when i press the 8 key it types...
  3. My laptop kind of glitched and when I try to log back in, the laptop will log in but once I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop kind of glitched and when I try to log back in, the laptop will log in but once I...: i need help logging in and to stop the laptop from turning black.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-kind-of-glitched-and-when-i-try-to-log/c0c4c603-14c8-4b88-b2f3-eccba6f540a5
  4. My laptop kind of glitched and when I try to log back in, the laptop will log in but once I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop kind of glitched and when I try to log back in, the laptop will log in but once I...: i need help logging in and to stop the laptop from turning black.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-kind-of-glitched-and-when-i-try-to-log/c0c4c603-14c8-4b88-b2f3-eccba6f540a5
  5. My laptop kind of glitched and when I try to log back in, the laptop will log in but once I...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  6. Shows a different desktop of my current user that i logged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shows a different desktop of my current user that i logged in: Sometimes when i startup my windows and login into user X it delay a lot into login loading and it came with a completely black screen. If i use the short cut CTRL + SHIFT + ESC it shows up the task maneger and then i can go to details tab then right click in some app and...
  7. Shows a different desktop of my current user that i logged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shows a different desktop of my current user that i logged in: Sometimes when i startup my windows and login into user X it delay a lot into login loading and it came with a completely black screen. If i use the short cut CTRL + SHIFT + ESC it shows up the task maneger and then i can go to details tab then right click in some app and...
  8. Shows a different desktop of my current user that i logged in

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. I have two Desktop User Names

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have two Desktop User Names: When I look at the User names, it has two different names. There is something like this one: JulesBoca And this one: JulesBR When I look at my computer name, it says: JulesBoca Both Desktops have files on them. The issue is: every time I have to look for something, I...
  10. High background CPU usage but only when two users logged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High background CPU usage but only when two users logged in: My W10 (64) PC runs slowly owing to high CPU usage by background tasks but only when I have two users logged in (probably be the same with more users but not tried it). Processes such as runtimemonitor.exe, services.exe and Microsoft photos (even though it has not be run up)...